USMC vs. danish sailors

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USMC vs. danish sailors

Got tired of repairing Volkswagens because people never learn how to treat them properly, Americans nor Europeans (especially) so I went back and signed up to sail with the Norweigan navy for a few weeks once again. We set off from Bergen (same place as Bismarck and Eugen back in WW2) with a bunch of American marines and headed to France. Now, before I make fun of your marine corps I have to say your sergeants did a good job making them believe we were always in danger. One day the captain took aim with the dual m2 .50 on the bow and started firing onto what looked like an iceberg. We told the marines there could be Somalian pirates behind it and they went semper fi until it melted.

We tossed anchor in Saint Nazaire, where the french ladies litterally stood in line for the corps. Had a few higher ranking American officers aboard who's stripes looks similar to mine, (target observer). I gave the ladies a tour around our long range guns and they quickly lost interest in the officers. Scrub the deck marines :D That was good stuff.

And nothing better than green guys asking you with squeeky voice "wow, did you actually pack them guns? do ya fire them?"

Best thing though was when we sailed past 3 of your mighty carriers on our way out to sea, they lowered their flag as we lowered ours, and we saluted eachother. Proud to do service with America.

Writing this from a laptop, I'll see you guys soon :)

Re: USMC vs. danish sailors

Three of our carriers out there at once? Had to be an awesome sight.. There's ten Nimitz-class and then there's the Enterprise. Were they all Nimitz? If one of them was the Enterprise, feel lucky. That's her last deployment before she's decommissioned iirc. *jealous*

Comment

Why's the dane with the Norwegian navy?

Comment

Great write up :)

Comment

Originally posted by GoreZiad View Post
          We tossed anchor in Saint Nazaire, where the french ladies litterally stood in line for the corps. Had a few higher ranking American officers aboard who's stripes looks similar to mine, (target observer). I gave the ladies a tour around our long range guns and they quickly lost interest in the officers.
          Cock-blocking is punishable by death in America.
          sigpic

Comment

So is having a pink Jonas Brothers Signature, but they haven't caught you for that yet.

Comment

It's been a year already? Wow.
              Last edited by Gore; 02-24-2011, 03:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gore View Post
                ... Now, before I make fun of your marine corps I have to say your sergeants did a good job making them believe we were always in danger. One day the captain took aim with the dual m2 .50 on the bow and started firing onto what looked like an iceberg. We told the marines there could be Somalian pirates behind it and they went semper fi until it melted.
                So you gave them an excuse to fire their weapons in anti-iceberg anger!? They must have bought you beers when you hit port... ;)

Good writeup, crazy necro.
                Q: How many members of Congress does it take to change a light bulb?
                A: None. There is nothing wrong with the light bulb; its conditions are improving every day. Any reports of its lack of incandescence are delusional spin from the liberal media. That light bulb has served honorably, and anything you say undermines the lighting effort. Why do you hate freedom?!?

Comment

You gave the ladies a tour around your long range guns, eh? You sure they weren't CQB?

Comment

Since when were you in the navy? And the Norwegian navy? WAS UP WIF DAT?
                    Its the decisions you make, when you have no time to make them, that define who you are.

Comment

His real name is Bond, James Bond.
                      You have to be trusted by the people that you lie to,
                      So that when they turn their backs on you,
                      You'll get the chance to put the knife in.Pink Floyd "Dogs"

Comment

Originally posted by dtacs View Post
                        Since when were you in the navy? And the Norwegian navy? WAS UP WIF DAT?
                        It's special service. I had the choice of going to kandahar or stay in DK as a mechanic. And since I've been fishing most of my life and got a few connections in the Norwegian navy, (one of them games on TG) I applied and sailed with them. (we speak the same language basically) Glad I didn't go to the middle east but I have 100% respect for everyone down there. I feel like I'm doing my part as a mechanic, as the Danes often send tanks back to Denmark for extensive repairs, and we fix them.they often go to Germany first and then end up in our MAN workshops up here; ever seen what a simple taliban ww2 teller mine will do to a leopard2a6? It's scary.

Last edited by Gore; 10-01-2011, 01:22 AM.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X