Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The 0.917 sniper scopes and GTLD

Hi,

I am just wondering why there is no more 2 level of scope, because on most of the maps (gaza, asad, basrah, ramiel ...) I think it is annoying because the scopes are too powerful.

Thanks
    sigpic

Sig made by : majorissuez99

"Killing a man is murder unless you do it to the sound of trumpets." ~ Voltaire

Re: The 0.917 sniper scopes and GTLD

I think they've done it in attempt to reduce lag with 2-zoom GLTD.

Comment

Yeah, there's still lag with the one-zoom, only this time it's when putting it up and bringing it out. There's always lag with zoom :P

Comment

Originally posted by Startrekern View Post
        Yeah, there's still lag with the one-zoom, only this time it's when putting it up and bringing it out. There's always lag with zoom :P
        I am not sure it has really worked. You used to have unzoomed, then two zoom levels. Half the time I only have zoomed, so we have gone from three views to one, just makes the SL task even harder.

Comment

How is that harder...just like the normal binoculars but with a laser designator and more zoom to see farther

Comment

yes it sucks. you dont have the broad view zoom anymore. it pissed me off when i used it the first time. instead of seeing the whole block u now see the trashcan of that block. something like that. its annoying

Comment

Originally posted by Canada2005 View Post
              How is that harder...just like the normal binoculars but with a laser designator and more zoom to see farther
              Well it doesn't make it a huge amount harder but it is annoyign when you don't need this super zoom, but you can't use anything else. An example would be lasing a close in target or just looking at it through your GLTD(maybe you chose the non scoped officer kit), with only one zoom level it means that it takes a second or two longer to find the target in your view and when the laser does stick it might stick in a part of your view that you don't see.
              |TG-69th|chrisweb89

Comment

I agree. Yes, the zoom caused some lag, but it always settled down after a second, and the extra usefulness of having two zoom levels more than made up for it. On Marksman weapons I could understand wanting to choose a single magnification since you would need to zoom and shoot within a short period of time. For Sniper Rifles and the GLTD however, where you are engaging at longer ranges and with more precision, you can afford to take the time to let the lag settle before taking your shot / lazing the target.

Comment

the lack of situational awareness with the removal of the first zoom level... it's just not acceptable. I use my ACOG for everything but spotting targets and calling CAS now.
                  Stay together, communicate, don't give up.

sigpic

Comment

Quite frankly how are you supposed to play cricket with a sniper rifle. Such eviul :/

Hmm. To be serious though I can see where Paine is coming from, though being unacceptable seems a bit strong. Double zoom is helpful for what Paine points out though on the binos and one of my favourite bits of equipment for the reasons he states. I hope to not take words out of his mouth but I do feel he is stating about 'skill'. Scanning, is a skill an SL, for example, needs for situational awareness as well as impact. I hope it makes a comeback if it is left out (not played that much since the update so not had much opportunity to notice and note these small but essential details).

I have noticed though, the uber zoom of TOWs and somewhat feel the skill involved has lessened overall. What has this to do with zoom? Well, gameplay, if you think about what zooms and what does what, and past releases and PR evolution. For example: weight of emphasis on TOWs, instead of skill has somewhat blanded, or bleakened; it has become more mechanistic. I am not criticising negatively but pointing out a re-address perhaps for future updates/games. It is, after all about balance. This bino issue of lack of ability to zoom, then, seem to further weight towards this since the skill of the player involved using ACOG is important in a section or spotter, whereas the almighty TOW (lmg's and so forth can be considered but TOWs impact mightily and are the daddy icon of this now and not the uber lmg simply by its impact too) has removed an element of skill for the simple ground pound (sneak/slither) player. I am sure, if lag issues in stronger engines could handle it, ACOG zoom (etc) would come straight back. Thus re-addressing some element of game depth.

This is a learning curve journey, it feels for the 'Big One' (my throw at the title of the name of it and be forever immortalised) which is not Project Reality and am confident in the DEVs, though hope such depth issues (just like aiming/shooting/recoil/even the rally and so forth) will be the emphasis of such things in the engine/game to come. I guess it is hard to try things out, give some testing, and then see what happens, and then try to re-address. I am sure in the future such things will pan out as testing and changes continues.

However I do know the DEVs give a lot of time, and my final note, is if we want to help in development to give feedback, and give numbers for testing – then we should not complain but sign our name to the dotted line and say we will be willing to help the DEVs and then we may have some recourse to actually say ‘hang on have you thought of this, or I noticed that’. Without numbers to help, how else will the DEVs ensure a higher probability of what works or not unless it goes to the general field of release. If you feel things are going awry in direction then a saying comes to mind: you gotta be in it to change it. Just hope to be let in :)
                    Last edited by Taip3n; 04-20-2010, 07:17 PM.

Comment

Don't worry guys, we are fixing it for next patch. That wasn't really intended, I guess it just slipped through. It should have 2 levels but no zooming animation.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dbzao View Post
                        don't worry guys, we are fixing it for next patch. That wasn't really intended, i guess it just slipped through. It should have 2 levels but no zooming animation.
                        awesome

Comment

Woot. While it is on subject I personally find no issue with the TOW's zoom. It makes FO's more powerful and important. This is something that the jump from .8xx to .9xx has brought us.

I for one am loving it.

Comment

Don't worry guys, we are fixing it for next patch. That wasn't really intended, I guess it just slipped through. It should have 2 levels but no zooming animation.
                            <3

Comment

Good news indeed.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X