Approved ribbons through April 26, 2010

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Approved ribbons through April 26, 2010

Approved ribbons through April 26, 2010. Congratulations gentlemen!

Award: Distinguished Anti-Tank

Class 1 Awardees:

=LP= Ludacriskill (LudacrisKill)

Game/Server: TG PR server

Place and Time: Qwai River, roughly 6th April 2010 2300hrs (GMT)

Nomination:

LudacrisKill was the SL for the TOW humvee squad. His gunner (also a member of =LP=) isn't on the forums or else would be included in this nomination.

Simply enough Ludacris is a very good PR player, has knowledge in pretty much all forms of combat and last night proved his worth with the TOW humvee, using sound tactics to effectively stop all enemy armour, tipping the battle greatly in his teams favour.

Related AAR:

The flag layout for the round saw action at the north of the map, obj 56 > North bridge > estate. From the round start he moved ahead of the team to set up in ambush, protecting the strykers transporting my infantry squad to a defensive position west of north bridge.

Within the opening 10 minutes he had confirmed over mumble SL that all 3 cannon apcs were destroyed, allowing our strykers to get eyes on estate from the North with no immediate threat. There was however still a threat from PLA operations, two VN3s sat on the hill in hull down shooting out stopping our infantry advance on estate. I reported this over mumble and got confirmation from another infantry SL. Moments later the VN3s were destroyed by the TOW.

After that moment, my squad took estate and got an APC up to PLA operations with the rest of the team, were we capped out the enemy. Winning in about 30 - 40 minutes because we were able to move about the battlefield with armour superiority thanks to the actions of ludacris.

Award: Valorous Unit

Class 1 Awardees:

[TG]drbarris
    |TG-31st|WARGASM (Class II)
    |TG-69th|xsoldier
    Fur1ousGe0rge
    AlmightyLion

What?

SERVICE: Valorous Unit

When ?

4 of April 2010

How ?

Me and Wargasm decided that it was time to seed the server so we joined on a empty Muttrah. Slowly but steadly players joined until we had a full server going. I had a squad full of new, learning willing people that quite frankly liked to talk alot .

After few lessons about VoIp and Mumble and it's un neccessary chatter, we were ready to rock. We were situated at NC until we got a full server so we didn't cap them out. But as soon as the figure hit 31st player on USMC, we slowly made progress towards Docks. Taking everything down upon thee with great vengeance and lethality.

We manage to kill about 2 squds with FB and 1 LAV. Rudd helped me out at just the right moment and we capped docks making Muttrah round coming to an end.

My excited squad mates realized what teamwork is all about and they all happily joined me into next round of Jabal where the real magic begun.

I created a squad at the start and arranged an extraction to West beach with helicopter. Again, my peeps were quite chatty to the point where I couldn't hear my phone going off lol. But as the round progressed we settled down just west of Dam, with a FB and TOW. We took some soldiers down just north from us and 3 BTR's with our trusty TOW.We were attacking and holding Dam with great success as we repelled any counter attack provided by MEC.

At that point Rudd made it into Al Burj and took the flag. Me and my crew rearmed at a freshly dropped crate and decided to take it to the next level, we're going to attack their last flag while we sweep through Al burj for any other enemies. We took the west flank for our approach, the flank that could prove devistating for us. We encounterd a full squad just west of Al burj firing on Rudd's emplacments. We took them down but not without casualties; we got 2 people downed and we needed to pull back into the city where we regrouped. At this time we had Al burj fully capped and were still trying to get those sneaky MEC from capping it. But eventually we repelled every single one of them. So I decided to wait for Area attack and make my so-long-planned approach for North bridge. Area attack did well and killed a lot of them, but not all. We got the flag grey but with Rudd still clearing Al burj and other SL's not really responsive, we held North bridge neutral on our own, no support, just me and 5 other guys trying to get as many lead into their bodies as they can. But eventually we got surrounded and couldn't fight under the bridge anymore-we got whipped out.

Back at Al burj I got one squad convinced to work with me and attack North bridge. Teamwork really shone at that point as any mec crossing our sights got attention of 12 USMC people. It was great. We got the point and we capped them out.

All of my crew deserves recognition for their effords. Not only for Jabal, but for muttrah as well as they did exceptionally well in both having fun and doing their job.
    If we were to revive TG to it's old status it would be with these kind of rounds as many non-TGers replied to this round as fabolous and nothing that they saw before.

Award: Distinguished Commander

Class 1 Awardees:

BoogyLoH

Game/Server:PR/TG

Place and Time: TG Scrim March 28th 2010

Nomination: BoogyLoH as commander of the RU in the scrim did an outstanding concept and tactic in the setup before and a great performance within the scrim. 3:45 h of perfect commanding! There will be add. nommination for this - i guess.

Award: Distinguished Squad Leader Class III

Class 3 Awardees:

A. Wickens

Game/Server: Project Reality - Tactical Gamer Server
    Place and Time: Tactical Gamer Internal Scrimmage - 27 MAR 10

Nomination:
    It is an unusual time when you find yourself nominating two individuals for a Distinguished Squad Leader ribbon for the same action, but this is indeed one of those cases where I am honored to do so.

During the scrimmage on 27 MAR 10, both Google and Wickens acted as squad leader due to circumstances preventing Google, who was directed as squad leader for the campaign, from fulfilling the role for the entire round. However, the fact that either was unable to function in said leadership capacity for the entire duration is inconsequential when compared with their exemplary actions on the battlefield.

During the scrimmage, the strategy for the US team was largely "on-the-fly" and left open to the squad leaders for interpretation.

Google did indeed take the helm and directed squad movements, positions, supplies and responsibilities with a cool head and sound strategic method. From the beginning of the campaign, he was working through strategy and movement, making sure that each squad member knew the game plan and was comfortable with their particular role. He maintained cohesive radio communications with the commander, other squads and our squad, even in the thick of battle and made sure that we always stayed focused on our objective. When key squad elements would fall, he would make sure that another squad member was assigned to pick up the slack so that we could maintain combat effectiveness as a unit, rather than a rabble of individuals. It is through these actions that he showed a true mastery of the skills that all squad leaders should possess in battlefield situations.

When Google needed to relinquish his responsibility as squad leader in order to tend to personal duties away from the battlefield (due to the very late start of the campaign and extreme length that it had dragged on), Wickens was willing and eager to take on the mantle of squad leader. As soon as he took the reigns, he took leadership in true form, directing fields of fire, making sure our communications with command and other squads did not suffer from the change, and directing squad member positions to simultaneously maximize lethality and defensive posture. Through arduous and indeed critical situations for the squad and team a whole, he maintained a leadership directive, displaying skills honed over several years of learning and practice.

In light of their outstanding performance and unadulterated mastery in leadership positions, it is my distinct honor to nominate both of these gentlemen for the class II Distinguished Squad Leader ribbon.

Award: Distinguished Squad Leader

Class 1 Awardees:

McGann

Game/Server: PR / TG

Place and Time: TG Scrim March 28th 2010

Nomination: McGann who substitute Cougar as SL on very short notice was running the
    "search&destroy" squad. we patroled (or sat on bulidings to scout) for more than 3 hours, killed, destroyed FOBs and moved on and on. BoogyLoH (commander) passed us around and we showed up and supported whereever needed to adamantly defend. His clarity and purpose while in conflict and is leading of this effective fighting force
    makes his proficiency as squad leader.

Award: Distinguished Assault

Class 1 Awardees:

A. Wickens
    TheSkudDestroyer

Place and Time: Longevity Achievement, exemplified during Tactical Gamer Internal Scrimmage - 27 MAR 10

Nomination:
    The Distinguished Assault ribbon is an award seldom seen, as I believe the explanation of the award is daunting. Players deserving of the award display the keenest and most sought after of battlefield skills - survivability, lethality, weapons mastery, and situational awareness. Tools which make them "go-to" players when there is an objective that needs to be achieved against heavy odds.

Both of these gentlemen exhibit these skills every time they play. Skud and Wickens both consider the most crucial part of their game to be "in the primary", meaning that they are in the thick of battle, leading the charge, all the time. But it is not a run-and-gun attitude. Far from it.

Both of these players are extremely tactical minded, having a keen sense of when to move, when to remain in a static position, never failing to cover squadmates in free-fire situations, performing first class reconnaissance and providing clear and concise intelligence up the chain of command.

In addition to these skills, both players are masters of every weapon on the battlefield. From knowing the exactitudes of the specific rifles for each faction in the game, to sniper rifles, anti-tank weaponry, all manner of ground, sea and airborne vehicles, grenades, and ambush equipment, anyone who has ever led these gentlemen can attest to the fact that they can fill any role that requires "dirty work" to be taken care of with maximum efficiency and lethality.

Furthermore, and although score is not their primary concern, it does attest to the aforementioned lethality and their incredible survivability. Both Skud and Wickens understand implicitly that a dead soldier is a useless soldier, and as such they play smartly. They have perfected their aim, allowing them to eliminate targets at incredible distances. They have mastered the art of stealth and cover, making it possible to act as one-man force multipliers by staying alive to take the next shot. Any player who has ever looked at a scoreboard at the end of a round can tell you that both of these players are always at the top of the list.

While both of these gentlemen exemplify this awesome presence on the battlefield in every outing, and have been doing so for the entire length of time I have had the privilege of playing along side them, a poignant example of their prowess is the scrimmage of 27 MAR 10, in which both of them took on multiple roles, including grenadier, rifleman, sniper, medic, squad leader, anti-tank, transport and logistics. Both of them also finished at the top of the scoreboard, as expected with players of such high caliber. Throughout the scrimmage, these players took the helm and ensured not only their own maximum effectiveness, but also that of their team through their offensive skills which effectively "cleared the way" for the team to move forward with an assault on an objective.

In my career at TG, I have witnessed very few players who possess such a high level of battlefield mastery as these gentlemen. Both Skud and Wickens make that short list of those who do, and it is with great honor that I have been able to witness the excellence that compels this nomination for the Distinguished Assault award.

Award: Distinguished Squad Leader Class II

Class 1 Awardees:

Google

Place and Time: Tactical Gamer Internal Scrimmage - 27 MAR 10

Nomination:
    It is an unusual time when you find yourself nominating two individuals for a Distinguished Squad Leader ribbon for the same action, but this is indeed one of those cases where I am honored to do so.

During the scrimmage on 27 MAR 10, both Google and Wickens acted as squad leader due to circumstances preventing Google, who was directed as squad leader for the campaign, from fulfilling the role for the entire round. However, the fact that either was unable to function in said leadership capacity for the entire duration is inconsequential when compared with their exemplary actions on the battlefield.

During the scrimmage, the strategy for the US team was largely "on-the-fly" and left open to the squad leaders for interpretation.

Google did indeed take the helm and directed squad movements, positions, supplies and responsibilities with a cool head and sound strategic method. From the beginning of the campaign, he was working through strategy and movement, making sure that each squad member knew the game plan and was comfortable with their particular role. He maintained cohesive radio communications with the commander, other squads and our squad, even in the thick of battle and made sure that we always stayed focused on our objective. When key squad elements would fall, he would make sure that another squad member was assigned to pick up the slack so that we could maintain combat effectiveness as a unit, rather than a rabble of individuals. It is through these actions that he showed a true mastery of the skills that all squad leaders should possess in battlefield situations.

When Google needed to relinquish his responsibility as squad leader in order to tend to personal duties away from the battlefield (due to the very late start of the campaign and extreme length that it had dragged on), Wickens was willing and eager to take on the mantle of squad leader. As soon as he took the reigns, he took leadership in true form, directing fields of fire, making sure our communications with command and other squads did not suffer from the change, and directing squad member positions to simultaneously maximize lethality and defensive posture. Through arduous and indeed critical situations for the squad and team a whole, he maintained a leadership directive, displaying skills honed over several years of learning and practice.

In light of their outstanding performance and unadulterated mastery in leadership positions, it is my distinct honor to nominate both of these gentlemen for the class II Distinguished Squad Leader ribbon.

Congratulations gentlemen. If you have any questions about levels on these, please contact Ribbons.

T
    Last edited by TMan; 04-26-2010, 02:09 PM.
    sigpic

Re: Approved ribbons through April 26, 2010

I'd say that was an accurate assessment of said actions.

Good job to the awardees and the nomination writers!
    Skud

Comment

Congrats to everyone!
      |TG| Grayjack
      sigpic

Comment

Congratulations Gentlemen! Well deserved!

Comment

nice job all.....

Comment

Good job everyone, its nice to see non IHS members like Ludacriss and boogy be recognized for the things they do on the server and helping the team.
            |TG-69th|chrisweb89

Comment

Congrats :)

|

Comment

Congrats everyone
                sigpic

Proud to have been part of the 101st Siege Corps of Engineers
                "Cum bellum clamavit, respondivi"

Comment

Congratulations.

Comment

woot!

Comment

congrats ppl!

Proud to have been part of the 101st Siege Corps of Engineers
                      "Cum bellum clamavit, respondivi"

Sproge The Crazy Swede

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...