link:

Re: Inside Look At Marine Canine

Goodnight Chesty, wherever you are.

Comment

Such a badass dog!

Comment

I always associated Chesty with something else.
        sigpic

Comment

Chesty Puller ....how could you name a Marine dog anything else ? ;)

|

Comment

why does it not surprise me the dog has a service record and has page 11's, stupid marine corps.

"All of you stay frickin high speed. All you stay on your frickin primaries and frickin slay bodies all day long. Good to go" -Combat Ninja lol

Comment

Dog caught more NJPs then I did.

I want to party with that dog.

On a unrelated note.

Meet Shelby, yes as in carol.

11yks old
              doYouEvenLuftwaffe

Comment

Yet again why I am a proud member of the Canadian Forces. This kind of....weirdness.... doesn't exist. We're plenty of weird, however this is absolutley ridiculous that it has a record. Even if it is just a big joke That Gunny took this very seriously. I wonder if they stuck him as 'Dog Watcher' cause he couldn't amount to anything else. "I joined to be a Marine, KILL KILL KILL! Oh, I need to get a plastic bag for the dog."

Ridiculously weird. LOL

Pro Patria

Comment

Originally posted by Zedic View Post
                  Yet again why I am a proud member of the Canadian Forces. This kind of....weirdness.... doesn't exist. We're plenty of weird, however this is absolutley ridiculous that it has a record. Even if it is just a big joke That Gunny took this very seriously. I wonder if they stuck him as 'Dog Watcher' cause he couldn't amount to anything else. "I joined to be a Marine, KILL KILL KILL! Oh, I need to get a plastic bag for the dog."

Ridiculously weird. LOL
                  tradition and a PR tool. he is probably an admin dude in public relations he is pretty stacked(medals and ribbon count).

not everyone in the marine corps is a grunt.

"All of you stay frickin high speed. All you stay on your frickin primaries and frickin slay bodies all day long. Good to go" -Combat Ninja lol

Comment

Originally posted by Zedic View Post
                    Ridiculously weird. LOL
                    Really ?
                    http://www.cbc.ca/winnie/

|

Comment

Originally posted by ankyle62 View Post
                      why does it not surprise me the dog has a service record and has page 11's, stupid marine corps.
                      espirt de corps

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morale

When I was stationed with Marines, they had mentioned their old battalion having a bulldog. They treated the dog just as the commandant's dog shown here was treated - write ups, demotions...

It's tradition. It's a good one.

Ridiculously weird. LOL
                      From what I gather he works for the commandant. So yeah, he "amounted to nothing." >.>

In the air force we have "Combat Dining In's" and "Dress Dining Out's"

Combat Dining In's are just like it says - we go do some ridiculous fun stuff that's field related, and then eat like we would in the field.

Dining Out's are formal, mess-dress events. There is a grog bowl filled with something from every flight participating - usually alcohol and some nasty things like dog biscuits. At ours, we had to speak in rhymes only. Everything must rhyme. There was also an extensive set of rules for the event - titles, seating arrangements, who may speak, when, and why. There was also no laughing.

If you were caught doing something wrong, you had to answer to the president of the function. If you could rhyme your way out of it, you could skip the grog bowl. If not, you had to drink from the grog - which was another ludicrous amount of ceremony and procedure.

tl;dr

The military has some awesome, although strange, traditions.
                      Skud

Comment

This is exactly why I hate the news. So many bull**** stories that try to make you 'feel good'. Even when they do a story on something that actually occurred they tend to mess it up with 'we think....' and give their biased opinions.

Comment

Well after reading all your comments i'm still very much confused.....The thing is.....it's a dog.....ok it has a record......but why in the name of normality does that guy have to be that serious about it?

I hope he lost a bet and this is his punishment otherwise it is pretty sad, no matter how much tradition you try to jam into it!

SAP (*confused still*)

Comment

Originally posted by Portable.Cougar View Post
                            Meet Shelby, yes as in carol.
                            Carroll?

My grandfather is a friend of his.

Would love to be able to exploit that family friendship into a Cobra sitting in my garage...
                            Become a supporting member!
                            Buy a Tactical Duck!
                            Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                            TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

I've got 1 of his creations in the garage.

So thats where the name came from
                              doYouEvenLuftwaffe

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...