Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Big Picture

Friends,

It's been a crazy 2 weeks! I've been working pretty much non-stop as the PR Game Officer since I was put into this position, and I'd have to say that despite some really stressful and trying moments, it's all been really good. I've got a great admin team working with me, and I'm very excited about how things are turning out thanks to all of their hard work and with the help of asch, Apophis, BigC and a few others.

Where we were:

Well, it seemed to me as though the PR community at TG was at about an all-time low a few weeks ago. The server population was dwindling, the admin staff was burned out and as a result not on the server as often as we should have been and the 'community' didn't really resemble anything of the sort. Players were splitting off, with some leaving for good. Pretty dark times, and definitely the worst I've seen it here in my 3 years of playing on our server and being a member of the community. Honestly, it wasn't a really good time to get handed the helm of the ship.

The 'Surge'

I decided that the best way to handle the issues at hand was a full-on assault; a 'tard-rush' if you will :). However, being the astute tactical guy that I am, I decided to hit the problem with not only a full frontal assault, but also with flanking elements to over-run and destroy the problems.

First, we needed more admins. I broke tradition and put out an open call for admins. You guys responded in a big way. We had almost a dozen crazy fools apply, and I'm happy to announce we've added 4 new admins to the team, although we may not be done yet.

Please welcome Warlab, mp40x, DaViking and Donrhos to your PR Admin team! I want to publicly thank not only these 4 individuals for stepping up, but also to each of the other great players who volunteered their services to the community. If you did apply and were not chosen, this doesn't mean that you cannot contribute. TGU is always looking for quality instructors, the server always needs leadership for SLs and COs, we always need someone to start a 'Learn TG' squad and you can help just by being an exemplary TG member while playing regardless of what role you have.

Secondly, for too long the community hasn't really been listened to for feedback and/or criticisms. Well, we changed that and will continue to hear what you have to say. The community doesn't just belong to a few of us, it belongs to all of us. Each of us has a say in how we'd like to see things done and what changes we'd like to see made.

We received a lot of great feedback, from re-organization of the forums to revising the rules or clarifying them so they made sense. We've done both of those. We are getting a new server that will hopefully fix a lot of the lag and stability issues that have plagued us for some time. You want password nights to return and they will. We're adding scrims with more frequency, either internal or external (if we can find someone brave enough to take us on). We're going to be adding special events which may include some customizations to existing maps. There is a lot in store, and if you have an idea of what you'd like to see or you want to volunteer to help, feel free to post in the CAA forums and we'll gladly get you involved.

The third element of the effort involved modifying the rules and addressing how we do things as admins. I'll touch on the rules here first. A couple of months ago all of the admins got together to discuss the rules. As everyone knows, they were modified, re-worded and consolidated, all in an effort to make them simpler and easier to understand. For the most part, I think we succeeded. However, as often is the case, there were some parts that were either still too confusing or just didn't make any sense. It's the old adage that "No plan survives contact with the enemy.". Well, no rules survive being played against in the real world. We've made some modifications to the rules where necessary, and we've added 4 simple "Cliffsnotes" to them that, we feel, if you can just remember those and play by them you won't ever run into trouble on the server.
    • Don't be a jerk; treat others how you want to be treated.
    • Play the game right.
    • Do what your squad leader says. If you are a squad leader, do what your commander says.
    • Keep the fight away from the mains.

It really doesn't get any easier than that, don't you think?

The future

As I mentioned above, I've spent a ridiculous amount of my free time working both in front of all of you and an awful lot more behind the scenes with my admin team and the administration of TG to make things better. Have we been successful? Only time will tell.

However, there is one key element to this that I have no control over. I have about done everything I can do to fix the community. From this point forward, the burden now rests squarely on YOU.

We now need each and every one of you to make the community prominent again. We need each and every one of you to be responsible for the quality of the games on the server. We need everyone to play by the rules and play by the Primer. The admins can't do any of this for you. I cannot do any of this for you. We've facilitated the change, but now it's up to each one of you to do your part, shoulder your share of the load and make TG the place it once was and can be again. Without each of you doing your part, everything that the admin team and the administration of this community has done is for naught.

The ball is in your court now.

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Re: The Big Picture

As contribution to this enw shake up I will be running more Learn TG squads as well as commanding more within the ideas of TG.

Hurrah for Dispo, the admin team and for the new fashioned community!

Comment

Most Excellent!

Comment

Forums look good. More admins will be nice. The cliffnotes are nice as well.

Comment

Awesome and congrats to the new admins!!!!

Comment

Congrats to the new admins! Good luck!

Comment

d1sp0sabl3H3r0 2012!

Comment

congrats guys, keep it up

Comment

Thanks to dispo for all of the work and all of the new and old admins that have kept us going.
                  |TG-69th|chrisweb89

Comment

cheers dispo, admins... for setting a rally and attacking the objective from a new angle.
                    Stay together, communicate, don't give up.

sigpic

Comment

Thanks for your concern and efforts!

I hope to help contribute to helping the TG community.

Comment

Great job. of my time here on TG i havnt seen a refurbishing of the system quite like this one. Good job Dispo. Now everyone lets keep the greatness flowing.

We are all TG'ers and we should be damn proud of this community. good luck to the new admins. and Donhros it was very nice seeing you in the morning couple nights ago. Good to know you watch our back even in those hours!

Comment

Dispo you remind me of a very determined teacher I have. Never have I seen such dedication, you're a great person, as is everyone else who works hard in the admin team and just the community in general.

Let's see if we can shoot hoops and play ball eh? This aint no chore, it's a challenge, let's do it!

sigpic

Comment

Good work

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed