TGU: Advanced Squad Leader, Large Unit Operations; May 22nd 22.00UCT/GMT

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TGU: Advanced Squad Leader, Large Unit Operations; May 22nd 22.00UCT/GMT

This course will focus on teaching squad leaders that want to improve their cooperation between their own squad and other squads. We start of by going thru proper communications procedures (A good example of an adaptation can be seen here) This will not be as stringent with a lot of fancy words just a bit about how you best structure your communications and the like.
    We will then be working on what you need to take into account when your infantry squad is working with another infantry squad. Here will be taught how to move your squad to best cover the other squad or how to use the cover provided by that squad. I will be talking about how to best equip your squad to preform your mission in the unit. so one squad carry the heavy weapons while the other carry lighter weapons, that kind of thing.
    Afterwards we will move on to how to work with a vehicle supporting you, for example infantry and IFV working together. we will start off with the infantry section and afterwards cover vehicle operations. This will be what is the responsibility of either party, how do you coordinate fire, speed and maneuver, how should you move compared to eachother in different senarios.
    Lastly we will discuss coordinating with support units, this could be tank, attack helicopter, jet or other types of fire support where we will cover how to do firemissions and sending confirmations of target hit or miss. We will also touch on logistics support and aerial transport and resupply.

The course will not be focusing on specific maps or senarios since it should be general knowledge. If enough people sign up we might be able to run a scenario or two where we try it out in practice. thruout the course you will be welcome to give input on how you think a specific section should be done as to encourage you to think about what is going on instead of just listening to me talking.

The signup can be found here sign up in that thread and not in here. as it says it is on the 22nd of may be there, learn something, have fun
    If people are becoming so bored when playing that they have to resort to this immature behaviour I will give them something to do, call it a project. The project is "appeal a ban". - Wicks

Re: TGU: Advanced Squad Leader, Large Unit Operations; May 22nd 22.00UCT/GMT

just a little bump to get some more people to sign up:)
    If people are becoming so bored when playing that they have to resort to this immature behaviour I will give them something to do, call it a project. The project is "appeal a ban". - Wicks

Comment

Another bump
      I'm really gonna need this class since I was selected to CO the 5 June scrim and I am starting to freak out.
      You have to be trusted by the people that you lie to,
      So that when they turn their backs on you,
      You'll get the chance to put the knife in.Pink Floyd "Dogs"

Comment

Just another bump. I would really like to se a big turnout for this event since I think that most people here could get something out of it, so if you have the time on saturday show up even if you haven't signed up and you can just tag along and ask/answer questions. So no matter if you lead a hundred convoys or never participated in one I would strongly encourage you to join in since it might give you some ideas that you hadn't thought of yourself.

So SIGN UP!!!

Comment

I think this is a great learning opportunity for everybody. So come along guys, besides. I'll be there, so I expect everybody to sign up in love and admiration for me!

(all hail FK?)

Comment

I really dont get why not more people have signed up, perfect opportunity to anyone that likes squad leading.

TG-6th|Almightylion

"It's feedom for everybody or freedom for nobody"" - Malcolm X

Comment

Originally posted by AlmightyLion View Post
              I really dont get why not more people have signed up, perfect opportunity to anyone that likes squad leading.
              Too late for me for example. The class starts at midnight for me. In general I would be interest in attending more TGU stuff if it started earlier. On top of that it's on saturday, which for a (now) working man tends to be the only day of the week when there's time for some real life socialization (aka. drinking a pint or two :D).

My preferred times would be weekday evenings around 18.00-20.00 GMT, but I'm aware that it might make it hard for our US friends to join the learning fun.
              [S7]Hablos
              Proud to have been part of the 101st Siege Corps of Engineers

sigpic

Comment

I would like to point out that " having a pint or two " and playing PR are NOT mutually exclusive.
                I have proof.

Comment

Originally posted by CallousDisregard View Post
                  I would like to point out that " having a pint or two " and playing PR are NOT mutually exclusive.
                  I have proof.
                  I concur.

Comment

Originally posted by CallousDisregard View Post
                    I have proof.
                    True enough, but you missed the part "[...]time for some real life socialization." :D
                    [S7]Hablos
                    Proud to have been part of the 101st Siege Corps of Engineers

sigpic

Comment

What is this real-life that you speak of?

A NEW game? Impossible.. another BF2 mod? What is the goal, of this?

Comment

Originally posted by Hablos View Post
                        True enough, but you missed the part "[...]time for some real life socialization." :D
                        Yea.... i must admit that i saw the underlined 'real life socialization' and moused over because i thought it was a link.... fail :-P
                        I would be signing up, however a family graduation ceremony must take precedence. Pesky blood relations.
                        Perhaps next time!
                        Q: How many members of Congress does it take to change a light bulb?
                        A: None. There is nothing wrong with the light bulb; its conditions are improving every day. Any reports of its lack of incandescence are delusional spin from the liberal media. That light bulb has served honorably, and anything you say undermines the lighting effort. Why do you hate freedom?!?

Comment

I would add that I am real, my PC is real and bill for the connection is real.
                          Which one of you that I play with is unreal ? :)

Comment

Me i am described by u_k(r)exp(i*k*r} where u_k(r)=u_k(r+R), k is imaginary and and can be split in a parallel and orthogonal part.

A cookie for the person who know what I am refering to;)

Comment

w/o Google I'm goin' hungry and even with that I probably wouldn't understand .......
                              BUMP ..... join up it will be FUN !!!!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X