How I Record, Edit and Export PR Gameplay [VIDEOS]

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How I Record, Edit and Export PR Gameplay [VIDEOS]

I wanted to share this and hopefully get more people involved in recording PR gameplay and show the world what PR is all about. ;)

Of course, it's not the only way to do it, but it's enough for me, after trying all sorts of setups. My main goal was not to spend much time editing and recording, so I decided to just show straight PR gameplay. I show what I really see, no fancy battlerecorder 3rd person views and whatnot. It's cool to see that kind of thing, but for me it's all about the time you want to spend. Between showing straight gameplay and not showing anything (because it's too much time consuming), I choose the straight 1st person gameplay.

If you are using Windows Movie Maker (God have mercy on your soul) you are dealing with crashes and crappy export options for no good reason. Here I show you a stable, simple, straightforward way to do it, so hopefully you can learn from it and be inspired to try it yourself.

Hope to see more PR videos in the future. ;)
    sigpic

Re: How I Record, Edit and Export PR Gameplay [VIDEOS]

Thx db very helpful tutorial only one question is fraps more laggier then xfire recorder?

Comment

fraps is the way to go by far.

i use sony vegas 9, which does the job nicely. just remember to uncheck "maintain aspect ratio" so the video will fill out the player window, like i forgot in these 2 videos.
      usually don't make gameplay videos but i do have one with some in it:

i enjoy making other types of videos like this:

but as you say it can be very time consuming. there's a little "commercial" for tg in it somewhere ;)
      Last edited by Gore; 05-08-2010, 06:54 PM.

Comment

vdub's good stuff. I use it for Source engine gameplay vids (they have a wonderful video recording system, actually. You don't even need to re-compress; renders a demo (think bf recorder file) straight to a video file, sound and all. One-and-done recording, I tells ya!)

as for "maintain aspect ratio", you definitely want that on. Otherwise it's gonna be all stretched and ugly. seriously, stretched aspect ratio is one of my biggest peeves in gameplay videos.

Comment

Originally posted by Riffraffselbow View Post

as for "maintain aspect ratio", you definitely want that on. Otherwise it's gonna be all stretched and ugly. seriously, stretched aspect ratio is one of my biggest peeves in gameplay videos.
          well compare this video which has it unchecked to the 2 above that has it checked. you set the resolution yourself to avoid stretched graphic.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X