Special Event Submissions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Special Event Submissions

As we continue in our ongoing process of revitalizing the Project Reality Community here at Tactical Gamer, this new Admin has proposed that we start a thread with the idea that you all will have a place to post up your fun, cool,interesting or wacky ideas for events.

This is that thread.

Post up all the ideas that you have come up with in the past in this one centralized location. All new ideas go here too. I hope to review them with you all and then see if we can work out the details with the goal being that we might be able to use these as "Special Events" with the Admin communities' review, guidance and approval.

Yes, we're actually going to work towards trying some of the stuff we've all talked about in the past so break out your best ideas and post them here !

|

Re: Special Event Submissions

I'd really like to try a race event on atvs or even dirt bikes to make it more difficult.

Comment

Gore,

Be more specific either here on in a PM.... give me some details on what your thinking.

Thanks,
      -war

|

Comment

i like the idea of point to point convoy missions. driving the convoy or ambusing would be fun.
        lashakar would be a good map for this.

"All of you stay frickin high speed. All you stay on your frickin primaries and frickin slay bodies all day long. Good to go" -Combat Ninja lol

Comment

@Gore - Thanks for the PM, keep running with the idea. You can see I've replied already.

@Ankyle - Starting talking. Here or PM me. Give me some details. Start to write something up. We'll review it.

Folks, when you submit here, really put some effort into describing your idea, what you'll need to get it done, and some basic rules that we can look at. Remember the limitations of the BF2 engine in your planning, and remember to consider how your Special Event will be administered. It's gotta work within the system game-wise and here at TG with the admin staff to make it happen.

Keep thinking and keep posting and maybe between us all we can make some of these work :)
          Last edited by Warlab; 05-11-2010, 02:20 PM.

|

Comment

Custom Map Password. UK Warfare is doing a night of the new USMC/INS Bagdad map on the 14th. I would so totally be there if I wasn't out of town for business.

We should pick a map that isn't in rotation, even custom WIP maps that are in the final testing stages and run them on the server with a password. Since the map wouldn't be played again for some time, we could run it two rounds so that everyone in the event could play both sides if they have time.

The 189th Infantry Brigade: Taking the 'the' out of psychotherapist since 2010.

XFire: mrthomasking

Comment

@TomKing - What map ? You want to see if you can get permission for us ?
              Give me someone to write to and I'll initiate contact. Permission to even use another map comes to mind 1st. Start us down that path Tom ?

|

Comment

I would love to do another "Death Race" scenario, however I am not sure if we can pull it off without the Training Mode from PR 0.87. Does anyone know if it is possible to run the Kashan Training map on the current version of PR? Or create something similar?

Originally posted by DiscoJedi View Post
                I don't quite no why, but this idea came to me today and I thought it would make a cool scenario for TG Black Friday.

Scenario Name: Death Race.

Map: Kashan 64 Training.

Objective: Last man standing / first one to the finish.

Description US: The game plays out much like a typical race on Kashan Training does, however it will be longer and more scripted. Players will have to do more than simply get from point A to point B, they will also have to pass through several checkpoints on the way, to be noted by LZ markers by the CO of the US team (required). The US CO will also act as the ref for the race, watching the sat map for cheaters and penalizing anyone caught not completing the course.

Description MEC: Now, I haven't forgotten about the Opposition forces here. This IS a death race after all. MEC forces will be given a certain amount of time to set up ambushes along the race course, any weapons can be used in an ambush with the exception of landmines and C4 as they would make things too easy. MEC forces try to kill as many US racers as possible.

The last US racer still alive, or the first one to reach the finish line... wins.

This scenario can be altered very easily by racing with Bikes, Quads, or FAVs, or a mixed race. Also, the route can be changed, or even be made to have forks where racers will be able to choose a shorter more dangerous path, or a longer safer one.

Anyone else thinks this sounds cool? There is tons of room for suggestion here, so pile it on!

Comment

Another death race would be really fun to do, one suggestion to it is maybe turn the Friendly Fire On like in a live server instead of the usual training surver and have vehicles with light guns like LMGs mounted on top so that the reacers can fight each other and the enemy.
                  |TG-69th|chrisweb89

Comment

Originally posted by warlab View Post
                    @TomKing - What map ? You want to see if you can get permission for us ?
                    Give me someone to write to and I'll initiate contact. Permission to even use another map comes to mind 1st. Start us down that path Tom ?
                    Not really.

I know that AF Soccer is working on a cool map. No idea how far along it is. But with work and my personal business as of late, I'd prefer to not take the lead on gathering the resources to do this. Royal Joe let us use Jabal 2 for the scrim and UK Warfare got permission for Bagdad. Anyone else a big poster at REALITYMOD.COM that has friends with completed maps? They'd be a better resource than me organizing.

The 189th Infantry Brigade: Taking the 'the' out of psychotherapist since 2010.

XFire: mrthomasking

Comment

I'm open to any map ideas you all can come up with and secure the appropriate permissions for.

My hope is that in doing this, that you all with the ideas will see that if you do the groundwork you will have support in trying to make your ideas come to fruition.
                      Hopefully I can provide the push that will make you all really think out your ideas and present them to us and then help rally support administratively and logistically to make your event happen :)

|

Comment

Something I've wanted to see ever since I started playing PR in 0.7 is a round along the lines of "pilot extraction". The main problem is, I don't see how this could work for a longer round and not a short one.

The basic concept, there's a downed pilot behind enemy lines that has to be rescued, while the opfor want to interrogate him. The pilot starts with a weaponless kit but with a melee attack in an enemy compound like the blufor mains on insurgency maps, Factory at Beirut or somesuch. Opfor have to guard the pilot and are not allowed to kill him under normal circumstances (suppose the interrogation is in progress).

The pilot's goal is to be rescued by his team and make it to the main base. The pilot is allowed to escape the opfor compound if unseen and may use his melee attack to take out a guard from the behind. However, the opfor are allowed to shoot the pilot if he's seen outside the compound or if he attacks any opfor soldier - so this rule is in place just to make sure the opfor have to watch the pilot and can't all leave the compound where he's held. In practice, I wouldn't expect the pilot to try anything tricky. In addition, the opfor only need 30 minutes (for instance) to interrogate the pilot, at which point the pilot can be shot, which is a loss for the rescue team.

To rescue the pilot, his teammates need to get to the compound and get the pilot into a friendly vehicle to take him away. It's up to the team how exactly they do this. They can aim to eliminate everyone in the area and play it safe with the pilot, or they can try and extract him using large amounts of smoke and suppressive fire to manage an extraction with enemies still nearby. Once the pilot is on his way, opfor get a last ditch attempt to kill him. They lose when the pilot is at his main.

Admin-wise, I suppose it would require one admin watching the pilot and his holding compound to make sure the rules are followed there, and a pretty patient player would be needed for the pilot's part as his round will mostly consist of sitting around and waiting for the rescue group to show up.

Comment

Originally posted by TomKing View Post
                          I know that AF Soccer is working on a cool map. No idea how far along it is.
                          I still have another 2 months (or more) of work to do on my map (http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f354...y-4km-wip.html) but once it's playable I'd be more than happy to test it here at TG as a special event.

Comment

Map - Fallujah West
                            Vehicles permitted - Logistics/Transport trucks - .50 Humvee's

Goal - Kill the War Lord who is dealing arms in the area or destroy all Arm's Dens (Cache) on the map

War Lord identifiable by having an American Officer kit.

Rules:
                            War Lord must stay out of glitched areas // main bases
                            No use of APCs / Tank / IFV's
                            American's have 150 tickets to find and kill the war lord or to kill all cache
                            Upon a cache being destroyed the War Lord MUST type out what grid he is in. "Cache Destroyed. -- Warlord last seen in C5"
                            Warlord can move freely using vehicles or on foot.
                            Insurgents may not pick up US kits.

Essentially it's Fallujah but the map will be called as a US victory if the War Lord is killed. Thusly he must be protected.

Comment

All of my other suggestions are really, really complicated so here' my simple one:

Infantry survival - the mission is for the team to cross the map from point A to point B as infantry and surviving the entire way, the winner will be the team that crosses the map with the fewest losses in X amount of time.

Example:
                              Barracuda -
                              No vehicles are to be used except for transport Hueys to drop off infantry, supplies along the route and to pick up the infantry from docks. Supply trucks are the only vehicles allowed for the Chinese. The Chinese may only use their small arms at any time other than drop off and may use the HMGs to shoot choppers dropping supplies in the middle part of the island.

The US team is dropped off on the Southwest beaches and must make it to the East side for pickup from Docks as infantry while taking as few casualties as possible, no revives. The Chinese team must allow the US team to land safely, but can attack them as they are picked up.

The Chinese may build FoBs with wire, foxholes and HMGs and may not take Medic, HAT, LAT or AA kits and will have 20 minutes at the round start to set up their defenses in the middle part of the island. no build zones on the SW side of the island will be marked before the round starts in an effort to make the route possible :)

The US team may not take Medic, HAT or AA (!) kits. LAT may be taken as a counter to the HMG nests, if a Chinese soldier picks up a LAT they may not fire the LAT.

The goal is for the US team to simply make their way across the map without medics (bandages are ok). The Chinese may respawn once each to allow make up for their more spread out nature of defense.

Needs more work, but that is the basic idea.
                              |TG-6th|Snooggums

Just because everyone does something does not mean that it is right to do.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X