Kashan - It's so crazy it just might work

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kashan - It's so crazy it just might work

What follows is an account of the mis-adventures of the 10th Guard infantry squad while deployed to the Kashan Desert recently.

Our story begins as so many do, we've been wiped out from our defenses in the bunkers and have lost those flags to the merciless MEC forces. We are forced to establish defenses in the famed North Village. After a good bit of time playing in the sand and building sand castles, I open the map and take a look.

"Hey! You know, if we got in to the south bunkers right now i bet they aren't very heavily defended, and we could do some damage. Maybe we'll cause enough of a distraction that the other squads can assault from the north and we'll retake bunkers....it's so crazy it just might work!"

And so....

"We need transport"

"Affirmative. A vehicle is on the way"

"We're Oscar Mike!"

Now sit right back and you'll hear a tale, a tale of a fateful trip.....

"Houston, we have a problem"

Luckily for us, our quick-thinking medic Brummy (odd I would associate the words "quick thinking" with him, I know), bailed before the chopper killed half the squad. All hope is not lost!

"LIVE DAMMIT!!!"

We were all so happy to be alive that even managed to move in some type of formation. I have no idea what it's called, but it looked cool.

But then, just when we thought we had seen the worst of it, a distant rumbling gets our attention. There weren't any storm clouds, so that could only mean one thing....

CRAP! TANKS!!! HIT THE DIRT!!!!

Here we are, in the middle of nowhere, having just survived a blackhawk crash and with no AT weapons. We. Are. Dead.

But wait!

Our heroes!!!

CRAP! TWO TANKS! NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

Tank 1 goes down, but the second tank wins the tank battle and now it's just a matter of time before we're all hamburger...

But wait! There's more! You see, I'm a squad leader, and I happen to have these really, really cool binoculars that not only let me see things far away, but also paint lasers on big metallic machines...

A sudden ROAR overhead....what can that be?????

Why, there are falcons in this desert!!!!

Birdie birdie in the sky....

......(anyone see the A-10 also in the pic that was on the scene for us??)

why did you drop a bomb in my eye???

Yeah, our heroes narrowly escape the jaws of death yet again. This IS crazy!

We proceed up the hill to our west to get a view on the bunker complex. It can't really be that heavily defended, can it? I mean, what else could we run in to now??

Oh COME ON!

An entire defensive complex set up inside the bunker? With guys in it? Who's idea was this?

So, we open up with our SAW and call in some CAS. We kill a few guys but it's not enough and they man the .50 position and being firing with effect. Time to move.

So, we head further south behind the ridge. Our plan, sneak down the hill out of sight from the troops inside the bunker (and their cursed .50 position), rope over the wall, sneak into the bunker behind them and ninja them to death. Perfect!

But wait! There's more!

Yeah, that's another tank! COME ON!!!!

So, the tank drives by and doesn't see us. At this point we aren't getting by him to get inside, and we need to take down that spawn point so we can get inside the bunker complex (forgetting the tank for a minute). What can we do? Wait! I've forgotten that I am a squad leader again. Stupid dispo, you do have options at your disposal!!

kaBOOOOOOOMMMM!!!!!!!!

Dramatic close-up - for effect.

Ok, now we just need one more miracle to deal with this stupid tank and we're in! We manage to sneak closer to our objective and avoid the tank. At this point I'm asking who has incendiaries left....

BUT WAIT! THERE'S MORE!!

Yeah, our hero on a steel horse!

Buh-bye Mr. Tank!

Our heroes then rope into the bunker complex and manage to cap the flag, as the north has now fallen into friendly hands. We spend the rest of the round defending our hard-earned prize, suffering 0 casualties from the point we left North Village until the round ended in a US victory! An amazingly fun (and funny) round!

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Re: Kashan - It's so crazy it just might work

That certainly was a good round :). We would've done better if it weren't for our terrible SL (<3).

|TG-X| Brummy

Comment

absolutley loved every minute of that round! :D

Comment

Nice story Dispo, must have taken a long time to make all those pics!

sap

Comment

Great work and well told AAR

Comment

Good read dispo looked realy cool with all those bombs blowing stuff up!
            PR ingame name - |TG-Irr| SilverJohn

Comment

I could not stop smiling while reading that awesomely fun AAR :)

|

Comment

That was fun, thanks for that!

Comment

Cool AAR. I loved the pictures.

| |

Comment

All I thought about while reading this...

You can't take the Queen there! The Hutts are gangstas!
                    Skud

Comment

this great battlefield story is why i play PR, good work X.
                      Stay together, communicate, don't give up.

sigpic

Comment

good post. :)

Comment

where/what do you get those pictures from?

"All of you stay frickin high speed. All you stay on your frickin primaries and frickin slay bodies all day long. Good to go" -Combat Ninja lol

Comment

From playing the Battlefield Recorder file of the Kashan round. Supporting Members have access to the entire directory of BFR Files, whether they played that round or not, located here.

| |

Comment

A wonderful tribute to Murphy and his cousin O' Toole.
                              You have to be trusted by the people that you lie to,
                              So that when they turn their backs on you,
                              You'll get the chance to put the knife in.Pink Floyd "Dogs"

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X