Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TG Admins Rule!! (a.k.a. My First Griefer)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TG Admins Rule!! (a.k.a. My First Griefer)

Yesterday I sat down for some PR action, and as usual logged on to the TG server. It was the beginning of a round on Barracuda and I was on the Chinese side. I spawned in, and promptly got wasted in a daring huey drop on top of the control tower at the airfield. As I respawned I was suddenly kicked, and as I tried to rejoin I realized I had been banned.

Assuming there must have been some kind of mistake, I wandered off to the 'Contact an Admin' forum, and asked to please be unbanned, since I hadn't done anything. I was soon informed that I had been banned for crashing choppers and even blowing one up with C4. I explained that that was impossible, as I hadn't even been on the US team. I was then hit with the most damning evidence of all.

http://de.xfire.com/video/2b3f75/
    http://de.xfire.com/video/2b3f7e/

The videos clearly show someone with my name crashing choppers and blowing them up with C4. My heart sank, I knew I was doomed. I wrote a final message explaining, reasoning, and finally begging, with out much hope of success. I then stumbled off to bed for a fitful night of tossing and turning and nightmares of playing PR on other, more noob-ridden servers.

This morning, however, I awoke to wonderful news! There had been a mistake after all! Some ass-hat griefer had impersonated me, spelling my name with a capital "I" instead of a lowercase "l". I was vindicated!

The moral of the story is: the TG staff did exactly what they should have, and then some. They banned an idiot for acting like an idiot, and when the mistake was found they made things right. Even when I thought I might be permanently banned, I felt that i was being treated fairly. Watching the "views" count climbing on my unban request thread was especially heartening, because I knew that the admins were really doing their jobs. I want to thank them all for the good work they do every day, with special thanks to Bullseye, thegreatnardini, and FBmantis for their help in this specific matter. Keep it up guys, and we'll all have a better PR experience for it.

Originally posted by snooggums
    You know you are doing something right when some griefer chooses your name to impersonate.
    Thanks again,
    cameLdeath

Edit: Here is my actual and somewhat uninspiring performance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0wjcpOMW3s
    Last edited by cameldeath; 05-18-2010, 01:17 PM.

Re: TG Admins Rule!! (a.k.a. My First Griefer)

Damn near every admin here takes pride in the game they support. We all go through great lengths to make sure that we take care of our player base and deal with the problem players. I am sure as your TG stint continues you will see many more actions by admins that will only further your love for Tactical Gamer. Beside that, you have a great bunch of guys admining PR, so you should never fear!

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Nice of you to post this positive message, the kind that often goes under the radar of people complaining aboot the admins.

One thing I don't get though; where they could confuse names, you cannot confuse the hash. So I must suppose that the ban happened with a delay, therefore allowing for the unfortunate case of mistaken identity?

Comment

Im happy that things worked out for you, but please dont call other servers for "noob-ridden servers"

TG-6th|Almightylion

"It's feedom for everybody or freedom for nobody"" - Malcolm X

Comment

Yes, we like to think of them as PR challenged individuals. :) It's more PC. :)

Kidding xD

Comment

Originally posted by BigGaayAl View Post
            One thing I don't get though; where they could confuse names, you cannot confuse the hash. So I must suppose that the ban happened with a delay, therefore allowing for the unfortunate case of mistaken identity?
            Often admins will use partial names to avoid getting errors due to fake letters (like the I for the L) and leet speak and it can lead to the wrong person getting kicked or banned. I know CanadaKyle got kicked the other night unintentionally when someone else was supposed to be kicked as they had a similar string of letters. In those cases I believe it kicks the person with the lowest player number (ie player 45)matching the character strings.
            |TG-6th|Snooggums

Just because everyone does something does not mean that it is right to do.

Comment

Good post camel, clears things up because a lot of people were talking about it. As for my kick I knew it was a mistake as I was informed as soon as I saw my name come across the top of the screen. I think it was the ana in my name that someone else had too.

Comment

The admins do a very good job of what they do, all you have to do is goto the contact an admin thread tell your story and let them sort it out as they will. Two thumbs up for our admins.
                |TG18|KevinS_1RCR

Comment

I'd take this opportunity to inform people that, if you see someone who regularly plays, you know what they play like etc etc... then they start performing ass-hattery randomly, it's most likely a griefer.
                  This is a nightmare for any player, so don't be so quick to judge. There's little logic to suggest that a regular or just a normal, mature player would start doing bad things randomly. If they were angry, they'd probably be mature enough to unleash their fury elsewhere, commonly on a pillow :)

sigpic

Comment

Is that common ?
                    People copying your name and acting the fool ?

All the comments above are why I love this server and feel it is the best 8.95/mo I ahve ever spent.
                    You have to be trusted by the people that you lie to,
                    So that when they turn their backs on you,
                    You'll get the chance to put the knife in.Pink Floyd "Dogs"

Comment

Originally posted by CallousDisregard View Post
                      Is that common ?
                      People copying your name and acting the fool ?

All the comments above are why I love this server and feel it is the best 8.95/mo I ahve ever spent.
                      It was much more common in games like counterstrike where a player could change their name in game at any time, less common in BF2 but it does happen.
                      |TG-6th|Snooggums

Just because everyone does something does not mean that it is right to do.

Comment

It's more common than you think. In fact I received a message from a player yesterday that there was some guy doing the exact same thing with his name on a bunch of servers.

I didn't join a squad once and this guy named Nardini took me into the back room and beat me with a sock of oranges.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X