May 2010 Jabal 2 Beta Test - Bugs and Feedback appreciated

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• May 2010 Jabal 2 Beta Test - Bugs and Feedback appreciated

Hey guys this is a placeholder for any feedback or bugs you have for the new Jabal 2 map.

Your contributions will directly impact this great new map's developement, so please write down your thoughts.

What type of feedback were looking for:
    - floating objects. We know this version has alot of them that we didnt get time to correct, but take screenshots of them and post here, that would be very helpful
    - general feedback on the maps look and feel
    - suggestions on areas to work on and what could be put there
    - Flag suggestions (keeping in mind right now there is 2 random flags that could show up at 10 different locations so you will not always see the same combination).

Performance Issues: PLEASE report your performance in this format:

CPU / GPU / RAM / OS: PhenomII 955 / GTX280 / 4GB / Win7
    BF2 Settings: All High
    Framerate in city: 30fps
    Framerate out of city: 60fps
    Note any areas where performance is bad:
    What type of feedback were not looking for:
    -suggestions on map assets. The final asset list is not worked out yet, please no excessive discussions on assets/asset balance and "Oh I think 4 A-10's would be great on this map!!1". W
    - unconstructive comments: ie: "this map lags its ****" "wow the old one was so much better" etc. Please give in depth critism, any simple comments will be ignored.

***KEEP IN MIND THIS MAP IS STILL HEAVY WORK IN PROGRESS, ITS NOT FINAL AND THERE IS STILL ALOT OF WORK TO DO, SO PLEASE ADJUST FEEDBACK ACCORDINGLY**

Re: May 2010 Jabal 2 Beta Test - Bugs and Feedback appreciated

Just a quick bit of feedback from 5mins of flying around on a local server, I will try to post some more when I have played it on TG.

There is a hut static floating in the air way out to sea in E7 k7:

From a performance point of view (on a local server):

Processor:
    Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q8300 @ 2.50GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.5GHz
    Memory:
    6144MB RAM
    Video Card:
    NVIDIA GeForce GT 220
    Operating System
    win7 64

All settings High except textures
    Frame Rate flying outside city: 80+ (normal)
    Frame Rate walking in city: 50-60 (normal)

One thing I really like is were the US LAV's spawn, very cool.

Comment

The following screenshots are all within Jabal City

Cant get out of this hole!!

----> Located here

Located

located

Can crawl under this wall and shoot through it

Located

located

Flying lamppost west of Jabal

Last edited by fullkontact; 05-23-2010, 12:28 PM.

Comment

One thing that is extremely helpful is when you find problems such as FK has posted, make sure you include a screen of the map showing where the issue is.

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Comment

Thanks fullcontact!!

And actually dispo, although mapscreen is useful, its not necessary. Me and joe have looked at this map so long, we prety much can recognize every single spot with jus a simple picture (mapping really IS that tedious!)

Comment

CPU / GPU / RAM / OS: [email protected] / 4870X2 / 4GB / Win764
            BF2 Settings: All High AA x2
            Framerate in city: 70fps
            Framerate out of city: 90fps

Note any areas where performance is bad:
            Being in E3 walking south towards the city, I get FPS drops down to 20's every 30 secs.
            Passing the city and still walking south, no drops.

Being south looking towards city: same fps drops.

BF2 takes 2 GB RAM, most I've ever seen btw. :P
            Last edited by 2ClipsOneKill; 05-23-2010, 02:13 PM.

Comment

Minor Stuff and Floaters:
              - MEC Main, floating HESCOS at south entrance, near ramp
              - A3/7 (i.e. Alpha 3, Key 7), floating guard post
              - Rocks in the water in A4 seem like some are floating (see screen shot)

- C4/3 mine entrance has lots of misc floaters
              - C4/3 mine side entrance has a dirt terrain cover that's floating and can see underneath

- D3/2 red platform floating in middle of other statics, eastern-most building.

- D3 docks had crates in the concrete (opposite of floating)
              - D3 dock area and eastern-most building has misc floaters (pipes, palettes, etc.)
              - E2/7 has many floating buildings
              - Road in F1/1 has an bugged shadow due to Editor problems. I had this in my map and found that re-building it solved the problem (see screen shot)

- G2/6 floating houses and pier very high in the air
              - H2/6 floating guard shack

Suggestions:
              - AA gun emplacements at MEC main seem like they're in unrealistic locations (low areas, next to parked vehicles, etc.).
              - Add stuff to A3. Right now it seems like walls protecting nothing. If it's just a lookout spot, then maybe some tents or temp barracks would add the realistic feel needed.
              - Recommend making the dock static in A4/2 flush with the terrain on the north side.
              - I think a few walls in the A4 village would help unify the area and provide some additional cover.
              - The water seems too silvery and reflective... almost like liquid mercury. Maybe from all the industry? LOL
              - Grass in C4/3 might look more realistic if clumped together in the valley, with less on the slopes.
              - At mine, there are huge rocks in the dumpster. Seems odd.
              - At mine, is the west side entrance supposed to be accessible? I couldn't get in or out of it.
              - At mine, consider adding a ladder or rope between top level and lower level. A working mine probably would have a ladder or scaffolding.
              - Some of the dirt roads could use some smoothing. I realize they're "dirt roads" but my little MEC vehicle was bouncing so much I felt like I was on "Pimping my ride". LOL

Major-ish Stuff:
              - Terrain with small rocks in texture is extremely slippery in vehicles. Is it possible the terrain type was accidentally selected as "ice"? (see screen shots of my vehicle moving and bumping around all on its own in A4) This terrain type is found in several places and my vehicle skidded around in all of them.

- Road in H3/2 has a floating texture above it (see screen shot). Might need re-connecting or re-snapping.

Comment

Great feedback AFsoccer!!! Keep it coming we will be fixing all of this hopefully before the scrim next week!

Comment

Comment

There are a couple of domes of death for the MEC in the hills surrounding MEC main.

Comment

-BTR sinks into the ground in the village east of Jabal city.
                      -Can see under the rocks on the road west of dam construction site (goes to bottom of dam)
                      -Some sidewalks i can't walk up as inf. Also, some buildings I can't walk into and have to jump.
                      Last edited by DaViking; 05-23-2010, 06:43 PM.
                      Viking

Comment

(Minor) floating bus stop. ~2inches off the sidewalk (You can thank the APC for the bloody screen)

An odd looking staircase you can shoot from underneath.

Comment

Posting URL, dunno how to resize images in php.

Sunk building in middle of east city, with 'custum' roofing.
                          http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/3711/screen008i.jpg

Floating trees north or northeast of east jabal. shoreline
                          http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/4408/screen007t.jpg

something floating in the air
                          http://img188.imageshack.us/img188/2672/screen006xi.jpg

tree sticking out of the ground by south bridge
                          http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/171/screen005y.jpg

Rock floating in the air
                          http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/6718/screen004h.jpg

Dam not optimally linked to the western shore
                          http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/8748/screen002g.jpg

Thought i took more SSs in the city, but i must have forgot.

Comment

Guard house on the south west side of the damcompound flag is floating

Here is a SS of location.

Screenshots of the building.

Comment

-If i remember correctly, some of the trees south of Jabal were floating.
                              -grass floating in the middle of the lake NW of Jabal.
                              Viking

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X