Full 64.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Full 64.

For the past two nights it has been almost impossible for non-SM's to enter the server, and I'm sure quite a few SM's. The server appears to be at 64 constantly, meaning if someone leaves a supporting member immediately takes that spot and the server doesn't drop below 63. Normally it stays around 62 and when someone leaves you can join assuming your are not a Supporting Member, or if you are a Supporting Member you can join immediately.

What's up?

NOTE:
    Comments with the answer "Buy Supporting Member!" are not appreciated, for some of us are unable for various reasons.

"Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at."

Re: Full 64.

the SM kick script is not working at the moment, we are working to fix it.
    If you are a SM and want to join, ask me or one of the other admins in xfire, ts, mumble, ...
    also really sorry if i kick a SM on mistake cause i cant see in BF2CC if he is a SM. i am really sorry if that happens.

| | | |

Comment

is there a way you can print an alphabetical list to reference from before you kick people.

"All of you stay frickin high speed. All you stay on your frickin primaries and frickin slay bodies all day long. Good to go" -Combat Ninja lol

Comment

The SM script has been rewritten to improve it, however there are still bugs with it. Sometimes it "breaks" and we, the admins, have to manually kick people to bring the server down to 62/64. When this happens we sort the players by how long they have been on the server. Then, we try to pick people that we believe are not SMs. We do not know every SM in TG so we make mistakes sometimes and accidentally kick SMs.

Lately, it seems when the script fails it lets in anyone and everyone so we are constantly kicking people manually. There are hundred of SMs so it wouldn't be practical to have a checklist.
        Viking

Comment

Bottom line here guys: technology isnt perfect. BFCC, which is the ONLY program the admin staff has access to for policing the server doesnt have the capacity to show who is a supporting member and who isnt. If you're a supporting member and the server is at 64/64, pop into teamspeak and ask an admin to clear you a spot, which they will be happy to do. If you're a supporting member and accidentally get kicked to clear a spot, do the same thing.

If you're not a supporting member and cant get in, there's not a whole lot I can suggest. You can try speaking with the admin staff and seeing what can be done, but I can make no guarantees. My best advice would be to be patient and wait for a map change. Generally, at least a few people bail out at every map change, offering a brief opportunity to jump in. Granted, if you happen to be trying to join just after the start of a map that takes three hours, it can be trying to sit and wait for a long time, but thats the best I can offer for the situation.

Otherwise, be patient until the admin staff get the script fixed. These guys are diligent in their tasking and I'm sure it will be fixed soon.

Comment

I for one love it when the server is full at all hours of the day. I don't think having a full server is a bad thing. Even as an SM, I still wait a few minutes and I usually get in. Just pretend you're setting up an ambush on an open slot, and take that sucker down!

Comment

I just set it to auto-deploy and wait, I think having SM helps for that though doesn't it?

Comment

Ah, well that answers my question, I was unaware the script was broken. Just kind of sucks for those of us without SM as the server really isn't dropping below 63, let alone 62.

"Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at."

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X