Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gaza beach

Hey
    I'm wondering what do the TG community thinks about the map, specifically what can be improved beside the framerates :)
    I'm thinking about removing the outer city wall and creating plenty of obstacles between the IDF base to the city in the desert and perhaps creating some sort of net above the base to camouflage the top so it won't be easy sniping the guys climbing the tanks.

Re: Gaza beach

Persdonally I'd love to see the Hamas spawn in H1 removed. I feel that by having that spawn and the main cityy it is impossible for the tanks to move away from the main road. It also means that IDF infantry are hard pressed to get anywhere near some of the cache spawns, especially those between the two main spawns or the ones right next to them.

Comment

I'd be happy with Humvees that have .50 cals or MG equivalent. I feel like the focus of the map is that IDF needs to be heavily armored focus using tanks/APCs in conjunction with each other, but far too often, this goes down the drain with how people simply want to run and gun. Some might say - obviously they're not working as a team - but how often is this blamed on team-members and not the assets that they have to work with - which without the tank are all crap honestly.

These Things We Do... That Other's May Live

Comment

the Namer will fix alot of the issues with the map imo :)

one of the problems with teh map is that its so small, so even if Hamas get wiped at a location they can quickly sprint from their main, and that cannot really be avoided as far as I can see.

but I do love the map, such epic fighting, feels like a really realistic and dirty muttrah :P

I'd add the mi_vehicle_shelter to the IDF main base to just protect the tanks tbh.

Comment

what Rudd said is the main reason I dont like it. The place is so small that even if you manage to sneak a FB in the city somewhere it is over almost right away. It always seems as if Hamas team just camping the western side of the city while a sq or 2 defends the caches. The IDF apcs are almost useless. If the inf are not alert, it is very easy for the bomb car to kill the tank unless he sits outside the city the whole time( which happens most the time)
          Viking

Comment

What I am seeing is people don't like the map because they can't completely steamroll the OpFor, or do their favorite "ninja spec-ops mission"

I love the map. Great for BluFor with a plan, great for OpFor because they have the best HAT kit ever.

Comment

Personally I don't feel it's abotu steamrolling. But when your 6 man squad wipes out 2 enemy squads guarding a cache and those 12 playuers are then behind you 35 seconds later due to their spawn being a few seconds away it's a bit... crap :P

Comment

Well like I said FK, ninja tactics don't work on this map ;)

Comment

Actually, out of all the tactics they have worked the best for me. You can't get stuck in a fight with the hamas or you will lose because of their great weapons and close spawns, you have to move quickly search as many buildings as you can before you die eventually. The streets and tight urban setting I find don't allow a slow and conservative force to do anything since enemies will come from all angles and sooner or later will punch a whole in the attacker's moving perimeter.
                  |TG-69th|chrisweb89

Comment

I found that the fast "ninja" tactics are the only thing that does work. I have done the large coordinated assault with the tank supporting inf in the city and you move so slow that Hamas just swarms over the area and you lose too many tickets before you even make it to the cache area. Also once the tank leaves for ammo the techies show up and wipe half the team.
                    Viking

Comment

It doesn't help that it is only half the payable size of Fallujah West, which is already pretty tight but with less cache locations and fewer searchable buildings. This map warrants a ticket count for Hamas (even if it is 3x IDF), fewer caches or some other way to counter the super close permanent unlimited spawns for what is basically a fully equipped infantry force. Maybe the map would work better as AAS with only 3 flags?
                      |TG-6th|Snooggums

Just because everyone does something does not mean that it is right to do.

Comment

I don't think IDF vs Hamas fits insurgency that well. Sure with jihadists and whatnot, but it's also a territorial conflict and i think deaths should count for more then mere intelligence. The operations in Palestine and the operations in Iraq are not identical, so they should be portrayed other than identical.
                        AAS/Asad Khal gamestyle wouldn't fit either(though it fits that map), so there would have to be some compromise. Then again, there's been so much experimenting with insurgency i'm not sure what's best.
                        I don't know.. But I think it would fix alot of the more technical problems I have with the map, as a consequence.
                        It is very hard to get a team working in the city, i also find rouge squads to be most effective - and that's a bad thing.

Comment

How does a hybrid sound?

There's still 8 spawning caches (since the game won't necessarily end on number 7), each worth 25 points (200 eligible points) and intel is gathered normally. Hamas starts off with more tickets than IDF (say +200 tickets), but loses the 25 tickets per cache so if the IDF can destroy the caches they can win a lot easier and Hamas can gauge how much resistance to put forth per cache instead of tard rushing. Not only would this encourage more ambush tactics and less spam, it would allow the IDF to wear down the Hamas and drive them back into hiding.
                          |TG-6th|Snooggums

Comment

Originally posted by snooggums View Post
                            How does a hybrid sound?

There's still 8 spawning caches (since the game won't necessarily end on number 7), each worth 25 points (200 eligible points) and intel is gathered normally. Hamas starts off with more tickets than IDF (say +200 tickets), but loses the 25 tickets per cache so if the IDF can destroy the caches they can win a lot easier and Hamas can gauge how much resistance to put forth per cache instead of tard rushing. Not only would this encourage more ambush tactics and less spam, it would allow the IDF to wear down the Hamas and drive them back into hiding.
                            that sounds pretty good and i think it'd also work out well for the tailban too, maybe something for korengal (though i reckon pure AAS will suffice on that). Would probably need extensive tweaking to find the perfect balance for the hamas tickets, do you count technicals and other vehicles with ticket cost?

only downside is just having a game where no one goes for the caches and just sits on the wave breaker and snipers trying to get more kills (with tanks and FOBs wouldn't be that hard imo)

still an avenue that hte DEVs could explore (and for all we know they have already)
                            AnimalMother
                            Ex TG-31st LR
                            "Is it the 31st policy to have hott women as their avatars? Because if so that's a pretty baddass policy." - Pvt. brokeback
                            sigpic

Arte et Marte

Comment

I would count vehicles, it would be kind of like how Milita plays with the big boys on maps even though they don't get deployable TOWs/tanks, etc but still lose tickets for assets.
                              |TG-6th|Snooggums

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X