Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Too close for missiles, I'm switching to guns.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Too close for missiles, I'm switching to guns.

As many if not all of you know, I am not a regular aviator on the PR server. I believe the last time I flew during regular server hours, was back in .7, the map was Kashan I was in a A-10 nardini lased a group of tanks which I was able to bomb or fire rockets at but, in the process I dove too steep and was unable to pull up and clear the area. Crashing and burning, spitting wreckage and debris all over the MEC North Outpost area.

That being said, this coming Friday from 11:30 - 15:30 or so, I will be taking to the skies pulling G's, doing barrel roles (lets hope I don't puke or pass out) and engaging live targets (as live for me as its going to get), over the Atlantic Ocean and Southern seashore of Massachusetts.

Courtesy of my parents for my 30th Birthday and the nice and really cool people at www.aircombat.com

Who knows maybe after experiencing something like this it will give me the impetus to properly learn how to land in game and get me up in the PR skies and make them friendly again.

* Word is I will be given a DVD which will show the dogfights I engage in, and I will do my best to convert it so I can upload it to youtube.
    Last edited by disposableHero; 06-09-2010, 02:37 PM.
    Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
    Level II Volunteer FireFighter
    Level I HazMat Technician
    NYS EMT-B
    Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
    RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
    Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
    Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
    We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Re: Too close for missles, I'm switching to guns.

That looks amazing, I checked out their site and some of their videos looked pretty intense. I can only hope I ever get a birthday present that good.
    |TG-69th|chrisweb89

Comment

I've been thinking about doing something like that for years. Have fun!

Comment

I've wanted to do this for years - it would be so much fun! Good luck and have fun!!

If you're in the Extra I will be SOOOO jealous!!

BTW - flying is more addicting than crack - I wouldn't worry about it giving you inspiration to fly in PR, but I bet it will get you to your local flight school and signed up for lessons. Just remember, if you do some of those maneuvers in a Cessna 172, the wings will fall off. LOL.

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Comment

Looks awesome, I'm sure you will have lots of fun (if you don't puke or pass out!).

Also, top notch thread title.

Comment

When I was in the Civil Air Patrol I won an essay contest and got to fly in a Pitts aerobatic plane and got to flying all kind of stunts. It was awesome! My favorite maneuver was a Hammerhead. The negative G's are what got to me in the end (i felt a little queasy after about 45min) although flying upside-down was amazing to look below you and see the ground (same with the Hammerhead).

For those who have kids (or even yourself) the Civil Air Patrol is a great organization. It differs from from one squadron to another but their primary function is ground and aerial search and rescue of downed aircraft (and boats). We are trained to track the "little black box" when it goes off and provide advanced first aid to people in airplane crashes. Another great benefit is cadets can learn to fly and earn a pilot license in the CAP for free or minimal cost. Not all squadrons have the same stuff, at the one on the Aberdeen Proving Grounds we had a lot of pilots who volunteered with tier planes and we had a strong ground team.

Anyways, Randy you may want to make sure you use the restroom before you go in the air. I had no issues but the pilot said it was always good to because you do a lot of tightening of your abdominal muscles in order to squeeze the blood back to your head when pulling G's
            Viking

Comment

Thanks viking for the heads up, I will make sure I'm running on empty before I step into the cockpit.

I have to also buy removable sun-glass frames to put on my glasses and remember to take sudafed, before I go up, I don't know if it will occur while I am in the air, but a few years ago on commercial airliners my ears would hurt so bad upon landing, so I want to be sure nothing like that happens.

I am hoping to do all the crazy maneuvers, this for me will be a once of a lifetime experience and I want to make sure I do everything even if I pass out or get sick.

* I also realized I somehow misspelled Missiles........Don't ask me how this happened I didn't even create this thread from my iphone, if an admin can somehow change the title so it is spelled correctly please do.* Thanks.
              Last edited by Delta*RandyShugart*; 06-09-2010, 04:38 PM.
              Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
              NYS EMT-B

sigpic

Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.

Comment

Re: Too close for missiles, I'm switching to guns.

ure going to completely **** your pants, throw up and pass out. but hey have fun!

Comment

I remember when a Red Arrow, Tail Slapped (I think that is the correct term) over my head, 100 feet up, whilst in a nose dive directly onto me; at least that's what it seemed to me. I thought I was dead. And while watching it come down in that nose dive, came to the conclusion I should just sit and watch since I could do nothing else and trust in the fellow Briton - or more accurately my Red Arrow.

The place was Lyme Regis (fossil history of legend), on the beach. It was summer. They were doing some run or something. It was awesome to watch and made me proud of my nation, more poignant as the spot is part of our blood too.

Comment

MASSACHUSETTS FTW!

But seriously, that's really cool. Congrats!
                    GEORGE CARLIN QUOTE OF THE MONTH: "The real reason that we can’t have the Ten Commandments in a courthouse: You cannot post “Thou shalt not steal,” “Thou shalt not commit adultery,” and “Thou shalt not lie” in a building full of lawyers, judges, and politicians. It creates a hostile work environment."

XBox LIVE GT: Wrath 228. Feel free to friend request, just let me know you're from TG.

Comment

Originally posted by Wrath 228 View Post
                      MASSACHUSETTS FTW!
                      I concur!

Sounds like a blast man. I think for your own enjoyment, you should memorize and only speak with quotes from Top Gun, for example:

-Maverick: Hard deck my ass. We nailed that son of a bitch. [gives Goose a high five]
                      -Goose: Viper's up here, great...oh ****...
                      Maverick: Great, he's probably saying, "Holy ****, it's Maverick and Goose."

-Maverick: I feel the need...
                      Maverick, Goose: ...the need for speed!

- Goose: Come on, Mav, do some of that pilot ****!
                      -Goose: [flying above MiG upside down] Is this your idea of fun, Mav?

If i dont stop now i'm going to quote the whole movie...
                      And last, but certainly not least...
                      -Maverick: Tower, this is Ghost Rider requesting a flyby.

Yes, you will be THAT GUY the instructor has seen ten million times, but this is for YOUR enjoyment, not his (or hers?) ;-)
                      Q: How many members of Congress does it take to change a light bulb?
                      A: None. There is nothing wrong with the light bulb; its conditions are improving every day. Any reports of its lack of incandescence are delusional spin from the liberal media. That light bulb has served honorably, and anything you say undermines the lighting effort. Why do you hate freedom?!?

Comment

Maybe. Tho a part of me wants to throw some John Wayne lines in there from Flying Tigers, or maybe Some Heston lines from Midway.

Iron Eagle has a few also.
                        Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
                        NYS EMT-B

sigpic

Comment

I've always wanted to do that, you lucky bastard! :p

In fact I'm going to be starting flight lessons soon myself :D

I didn't join a squad once and this guy named Nardini took me into the back room and beat me with a sock of oranges.

Comment

Beware the Hun in the Sun ;)

I suggest you watch the Blue Max before you go:

|

Comment

They sell ginger candies at a lot of stores. Eat a few before you go flying, they have made a big difference with my students that tended to get sick. Eat a light breakfast, don't skip it. Bananas and toast are a good choice. Keep the positive G's on, avoid negative G's and hanging upside down for too long. If you start feeling crappy, keep your eyes on the horizon and get as much air blowing on your face as you can. Some people do better if they keep the controls, some do better after they relinquish them. If you want to win, be fvcking aggressive.

Pilot

|
                              |

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse