Server activity!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Server activity!

Since the server change I have seen an increase in server activity, especially when it comes to overnight/morning activity or for some general day/afternoon/evening activity.

Right now, the server has 32 people on it and is actually populated, right now! Usually when I wake up in the morning there is no one on the server!

http://www.realitymodfiles.com/geze/...220.186:16567/

Just wanted to point this out for whatever it's worth and feel that it deserves some discussion. Maybe we can go back to the days when the server was populated 24/7 or for most of the time! :row__579:

Don't fight a battle if you don't gain anything by winning.
    Erwin Rommel

Re: Server activity!

Originally posted by NorthPlum View Post
    Since the server change I have seen an increase in server activity, especially when it comes to overnight/morning activity or for some general day/afternoon/evening activity.

Right now, the server has 32 people on it and is actually populated, right now! Usually when I wake up in the morning there is no one on the server!

http://www.realitymodfiles.com/geze/...220.186:16567/

Just wanted to point this out for whatever it's worth and feel that it deserves some discussion. Maybe we can go back to the days when the server was populated 24/7 or for most of the time! :row__579:
    yes we defenitely should go back to those 24/7 days. especially cuz I wasnt there for those days:D

Comment

unfortunately around the GMT timezones between 06:00 to 16:00 the server is largely empty with at most about 6 people.

Comment

Perhaps if people weren't playing on other servers (which they are of course entitled to do) it would seed faster. Seeding is not always fun but the more people that get on and do it the quicker it stops being 'seeding' and starts being 'just playing'.

Comment

well to be honest, my seeding involves me using my Steeringwheel and pedals and driving around Asad Khal and Muttrah playing Pink Floyd... xD

Comment

Seeding is like logistics on a normal game - everyone expect the team to have a logistic squad, but nobody wants to do it. Or when somebody is doing it, they do logistics for a short period of time and then quit soon after they got bored of it.

I know this; the 24/7 full server on TG will never come back, until the "somebody-else-will-do-it" attitude is gone. (not the only reason why those days are gone)
            Last edited by AlmightyLion; 06-16-2010, 11:10 AM.

TG-6th|Almightylion

"It's feedom for everybody or freedom for nobody"" - Malcolm X

Comment

24/7 is doable, it just depends on a careful choice of maps and admin coverage. I saw it happen not long ago all it took was 2 dedicated guys.
              sigpic

Comment

If you want to seed, a tip is not to bore yourself out, obviously.

Although seeding is impossible in most cases for myself, I have managed to catch a few times where I can seed. What I can say is have a snack, maybe watch something on TV or on youtube and make sure your character doesn't get idle kicked.

That's how I seed until about 6 or 8 people are on the server. Other's have different ways, but if you find you get bored quickly this is a good method.

sigpic

Comment

today while watching the football game i decided to just get on and seed the 2142 server. when i turned back it had 30 ppl in it i was like "waaa". so just getting on while ure doing something else might do it

Comment

To avoid the idle kick for seeding set yourself to auto-walk into a corner, this works well for it :P

Comment

Look, I have been seeding for the past few days, sometimes theres a few TG guys, wich I will not name, who comes in, mess around a few min, then they dont like the map and just quit after barely 5- 10min.......

or I see TG regulas on other 'full' servers while scrolling their playerlist, If you would all stay on the server rather then joining to quit after a few min or play on some other server, it would seed a lot of faster.

Comment

whats wrong with playing on other servers?

Comment

it's bad!

nah, why play on other servers when you can encourage playing on ours?

Comment

sometimes its not bad to see how good it is at TG :)

| | | |

Comment

Originally posted by fullkontact View Post
                              well to be honest, my seeding involves me using my Steeringwheel and pedals and driving around Asad Khal and Muttrah playing Pink Floyd... xD
                              Doing jumps.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X