TG Membership

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TG Membership

Is the TG supporting membership nic based on the "hash" number or the Profile ID or forum name?
    The reason is I have multiple name, which are used at different times of the year.
    Search brought up different answers.
    Originally posted by NerdyDodge View Post
    You can only enter one player id, so only one of your bf2 account's would get the reserved slot, I think. The supporting membership is linked to your forum account.
    Originally posted by Waldo_II View Post
    In order for the effect to take place, you have to put your player ID number in a field in your profile. It is possible for the membership to serve you both, you just have to change the ID number in your profile every time you switch who is playing.

You cannot both be supported at the same time.
    Originally posted by PanzerHans View Post
    Technically the in-game slot ties to your ProfileID. This is a 9 or 10 number digit based on the soldier name that you choose inside BF2 / PRRM. The back end system that ensures you get a member slot keeps a record of all entered ProfileID's in the TacticaGamer.com's supporting members Control Panels.
    If you change the ProfileID in your Control Panel it will take apprx. 15 minutes before it will register in the game.
    If the player ID or ingame name for SM, can it be changed as different ingame names are used?

Re: TG Membership

You will have to change the player id in your profile every time you change your in game name thats all.

Comment

in the forum settings of your SM name you have to put in the PID of your name you want to play (takes about 10 min for refresh)

only the PID (you can change) inserted in your SM forum name profile is important.

| | | |

Comment

Next question is the where the player ID located.
        I've seen the BF2 client folder reference but no where is the .info file, that I can find.
        I've also read this,
        "To retrieve the Profile ID for a player, apply the "getProfileId" method to the appropriate Player Object:

playerObj.getProfileId()

The profile ID is also stored between the square brackets on the 2nd line of the "gp.info" file which resides in the root of the BF2 client folder. Note that the file is cumulative so it may contain the info for all the players that have been using the client computer; if so then each player info block is separated by a blank line. --- Dimmer (2005-07-29)
        "
        Is the above a BF2 console command made from in game?

Comment

I have a few names as well and I use this site to look up the ID.
          http://bf2s.com/
          You have to be trusted by the people that you lie to,
          So that when they turn their backs on you,
          You'll get the chance to put the knife in.Pink Floyd "Dogs"

Comment

thanks, BF2S, worked

I'm making a data base of my iDs.

Comment

Originally posted by _casualtyUR View Post
              thanks, BF2S, worked

I'm making a data base of my iDs.
              You need a full relational database just for your BF2 IDs? :O How many do you have? One should be enough unless you plan on getting alot of bans :p

Comment

I have about 20 active w/ over 40 I don't use anymore.
                I don't think screennames have any impact on Bans since I thought they used your hash to ban, not a player ID.

Comment

From my experience of Playing BF2 with one name and then moving to PR where I have used several in-game player names over the last few years my suggestion is in your profile after you have donated money to become a SM use the name you most commonly use. If you get bored of it, then by all means switch to another name but make sure to go to www.bf2s.com and copy and paste the ID into your profile.

Using more than one name a week as a SM on the TG server will not only become tedious due to the amount of times you switch your player ID it make you question yourself if the name you are using is in fact safe from the SM kick.
                  Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
                  Level II Volunteer FireFighter
                  Level I HazMat Technician
                  NYS EMT-B
                  Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
                  RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
                  Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
                  Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
                  We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

Sometimes, when it is really busy, you will get kicked anyway because the admins only recognize so many names and sometimes they pick the one they have never seen before.
                    But most of the time the server is updated within 15min of changing it and you won't have any problems.

Comment

Originally posted by CallousDisregard View Post
                      Sometimes, when it is really busy, you will get kicked anyway because the admins only recognize so many names and sometimes they pick the one they have never seen before.
                      But most of the time the server is updated within 15min of changing it and you won't have any problems.
                      Or the one that doesn't come up in a forum name search to verify SM status because the names are completely different or full of leet speak in game and not on the forums, which I have done on occasion with no real improvement on whether the person has SM status.
                      |TG-6th|Snooggums

Just because everyone does something does not mean that it is right to do.

Comment

I have always thought of it as a small price to pay for my fun.
                        Even if you are kicked, as a SM you get right back in.
                        The only problem is that now you just kicked the longest playing non-supporting member, who will without a doubt be flying the cobra when it happens :)

Comment

I remember when that happened to myself when my payment hadn't been collected from paypal I was flying cobra and I think Buflax or Bullseye was in the gunner seat we were at 1,400 ft and I disconnected, and they managed to get back into the pilot seat, and just skim the ground before getting back to main xD

Comment

For the nay sayer of multi play IDs and TG bans.
                            I never been banned for any PR server and all but one name has a version of casualtyUR in the name.
                            I use different prefixes at different time and i hate to log off the server just to change a name to fight on a TG server.

If SM membership and name changes are a potential problem for members, then why not associate the SM to hash numbers?

All the negativity and suspicion!

Comment

I don't think it is a problem really but I don't know how many other people have multiple screennames.
                              I think if you want to switch your name it is up to you to adjust the supporting details.
                              I match the Mumble name to match but I don't mess with the Xfire.
                              I wasn't talking about bans, just supporting member kicks.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X