The Story Behind Your TG Alias!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Story Behind Your TG Alias!

A lot of people roam the TG community with cool, strange and sometimes obscure names.
    We know their real names aren't Bullseye, Warlab or Celestial.. or are they?
    So we want to know how you ended up with your ingame moniker.

Share your names story in this thread!

TomKing
    It's almost too realistic to be an alias right? Well it's actually my Grandfather's name on my mothers side. He died when I was 12 - He was 85. He was deployed to France in WW2 and I started using his name as my alias when I was playing Day of Defeat Source (A WW2 shooter if you're not familiar.)
    I like the alias. It's recognizable. Easy to pronounce. Doesn't offer the stigma that comes along with Haxx0|2L33tCrawd4d420... silly hard to digest internet fluff.. IMO.

But importantly, it let's me remember him and what he did for so many others.

The 189th Infantry Brigade: Taking the 'the' out of psychotherapist since 2010.

XFire: mrthomasking

Re: The Story Behind Your TG Alias!

Mine is nowhere near as personal and touching as yours TomKing... A few years ago, I saw this crazy lady on a show called "Wife Swap" or something like that. She called herself the "God warrior" as she had been placed with a family with (supposedly) demonic tendencies. Have a look:

Well, shortly after that a friend of mine introduced me to BF1942, then BF2.. My first experience with PC gaming of any kind. I chose "thedogwarrior" as my ID, and it's been that ever since. Of course, everyone just calls me "dog" for the most part.

THEDOGWARRIOR... CALL ME DOG / WILL NOT RESPOND TO "HERE BOY" OR WHISTLING

Comment

ankyle62

ive had the name forever. Kyle Anderson combined and with an old football number. i just stuck with it, and it's my username for pretty much everything.

a lot of people say ankle, anklie, kyle, ect. i dont really care which. I thought about changing my name to first initial last name for PR to make it easier and a bit more realistic, i think it would be a cool if everyone did it or at least a made up first/last name.

"All of you stay frickin high speed. All you stay on your frickin primaries and frickin slay bodies all day long. Good to go" -Combat Ninja lol

Comment

Some years back I gamed alot with a friend over in Russia named Millziad. I had been using egokiller for a while and wanted a new one. So in the beginning i thought GoreZiad sounded really cool, but since I've been using it for 6-7 years I'm tired of it and people can't pronounce 'ziad' so they just call me gore. I'm happy with that. It's pronounced gore-zee-ad btw.

Comment

People think I'm this.

But I really got it from this. Back from my skateboarding days.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Spitfire14 View Post
            But I really got it from this. Back from my skateboarding days.

that's what always come across my mind. i also skated for a few years back in the day.

Comment

Well, like 15 years ago Tman was visiting me in the States and we were sitting around geeking on the PC. I needed a new screen name for GNN (the old AOL geeks network) and I couldn't come up with any.

Tman says, "Well you work and Earlab (an Audiology business I used to work at b4 I switched to I.T.) and you like wargames...so how about "warlab" ??

warlab was born at that moment.
              About a year and a half ago I had it tatooed on me in Binary.

|

Comment

Well, Dreves is my last name. I wish I had some exciting story to tell about it haha. I guess i can say it's german.

Cool story Tom, I never met someone with such a significant nickname before.

In-Game: |TG-Irr|Dreves

Comment

I like caffeinated beverages. And B12.

Haikus are easy.
                  But sometimes they don't make sense.
                  Refrigerator.

Comment

Brummy/Brummie => someone from Birmingham, UK.

|TG-X| Brummy

Comment

Prior to having a gaming computer I player CounterStrike and Mechwarrior 2 on a friend's computer along with some other friends. Since we couldn't play at the same time we would check our stats on the Quake stats site I can no longer remember the name of. Since names were easy to come by I picked snooggums because I was a stoner and I thought it was funny since everyone else had leetsniper type names and it wasn't also used by someone else for CS. After registering for a couple of other things and finding names were taken I fell back on old trusty snooggums and it just became the default username for everything as a primary.

I had a guy I played a lot of games with that I saw regularly who called me by snooggums when we were out and about because he thought it was funny. Grrrrr!
                      |TG-6th|Snooggums

Just because everyone does something does not mean that it is right to do.

Comment

I initially chose Delta*RandyShugart* to pay homage to the MOH recipient but also I chose to spell his last name incorrectly as to not directly seem like I was impersonating him. However, over more than a year ago while playing Arma I was on a Realism server and many of the players were actual Regular Army and Army Rangers who knew Randy Shughart, Gary Gordon and many of the other Rangers who were deployed to Somalia at the time. After feeling somewhat guilty and also after being asked to change my in-game name I took it upon myself to do so, and so it also trickled towards PR.

Mr. Bob_Vila was chosen more so in a jokingly manner to pay homage and respect to the Latino carpenter and also to take some pressure off Pancho so he wouldn't always be the one who was ordered to build and shovel fob's etc....

Magnum P.I. was the original name I wanted to use when I got BF2. However I didn't realize that the name you signed up with was the one you were going to be using from there on (as you recall during Battlefield Vietnam you could have several different names etc..).

Magnum P.I. is actually my favorite television show character of all time and is tied at first as being my favorite TV show of all time. Plus Thomas Magnum is just plain B.A., and it is still to this day very funny to run into younger players who have no clue what the name is or where it comes from.

but if you know me as Randy, keep calling me that, its not my real name but I respond to it just as well in-game as when I first started playing PR here at TG.

*From time to time I have also made some other humorous names who at the time are prevalent in pop culture but TBH it has become way to tedious to keep switching my PID back and forth.
                        Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
                        Level II Volunteer FireFighter
                        Level I HazMat Technician
                        NYS EMT-B
                        Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
                        RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
                        Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
                        Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
                        We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

Mine's pretty simple. Years ago when I played Day of Defeat and then later BF1942, I liked using the German MP40. Some of the guys on one of the DOD servers that I played on used to say that my name should be mp40 because I was pretty good with it. It sounded like a good name, so I changed it. Now, I can't even remember what name I used before that.

When BF2 released someone had already taken the name mp40 during the demo, so I just added the x on the end.
                          |TG-X| mp40x

Register for the Forums! | Get on Teamspeak! | Play Squad! | Join Discord! | Support Tactical Gamer!

Comment

I picked up PR around 0.3-0.4 and then dropped it around 0.5 for Shadowbane (a game that is no longer around, but was probably the best MMO ever). Towards the end of playing Shadowbane I was looking for new names to name my characters. I decided to go with colors and animals, one of those was RedZebra. Someone I played with said they liked it, so I adopted that into RedZebrah (RedZebra was taken) when I picked up PR around .85 again. I got kicked from TG once by accident (the red part caused it), and decided to re-do my name as it was not that great anyways. I had been watching Generation Kill around that time, so the 'actual' part was influenced by GK. Thus, zebra.actual was born.

Comment

I gotta get me some love in here...... Yes I am a homer for 24, Yes Jack Bauer is the best, and Yes... he even made world news reports when they captured that dumb terrorist in NY with the baby rattle bomb with closed gas tanks and a propane tank that wouldn't blow...yes even Jack Bauer made it in the news conference I that BA!!!!!

"TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population....Tactical Gamer is not mainstream. We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers" ~ Apophis

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X