Can you suicide to avoid arrest ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you suicide to avoid arrest ?

I wanted to get an official clarification on this issue.
    If you are about to be arrested, can you commit suicide ?
    I don't think it is the TG way.
    I did a search but all I found was stuff about suicide tactics and nothing addressed this issue.
    You have to be trusted by the people that you lie to,
    So that when they turn their backs on you,
    You'll get the chance to put the knife in.Pink Floyd "Dogs"

Re: Can you suicide to avoid arrest ?

From the TG primer: "Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine, regardless of the level of advantage, if any, it gives over the opposing team."

hope i helped

Comment

I will discuss this with Dispo(Game Officer) and the other admin but for me at least this is a no brained, definite no, totally against the Primer and effectively an exploit of that particular mode.

I will get confirmation of the official position.

Comment

Suicide==same penalty as arrest,

Unless something changed in the last patch or so. So its kind of pointless as well.
        |TG-12th| Namebot

Comment

Not quite the same as arrest Namebot. From the PR .9 manual:

You can arrest civilians (and other insurgents) with the restrainer which replaces the knife on insurgency maps. The shotgun can also be used to arrest any insurgents. Civilians that suicide are counted as arrested and give bonus IP to the coalition team but they take only 60-75 seconds to respawn.

So, arrest = spawn penalty + intel loss.
          Suicide (button or causing your own death) = intel loss but no spawn penalty (because players were getting the 5 minute spawn when they missed a ladder and fell to their death).
          So suicide to avoid the spawn penalty would be the only benefit and Wicken noted it is pretty clearly against TG ethics to try to game the system anyway.
          |TG-6th|Snooggums

Just because everyone does something does not mean that it is right to do.

Comment

I was under the impression the suicide did not give intel points and somebody pointed out that insurgent/terrorist types do use suicide as a tactic.
            I don't like to be super strict about things I am not 100% certain of, but I will consider this 99.9% until the Game officer rules.
            Thanks
            You have to be trusted by the people that you lie to,
            So that when they turn their backs on you,
            You'll get the chance to put the knife in.Pink Floyd "Dogs"

Comment

Absolutely, positively, 100% no.

Actually, if someone does this and is reported for it, your next stop will be the Contact an Admin thread trying to get back on the server.

Hope this makes the admin position perfectly clear.

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Comment

What about friendlies shooting the civilian, cause I've seen that happen too.

|TG-X| Brummy

Comment

Originally posted by d1sp0sabl3H3r0 View Post
                  Absolutely, positively, 100% no.

Actually, if someone does this and is reported for it, your next stop will be the Contact an Admin thread trying to get back on the server.

Hope this makes the admin position perfectly clear.
                  :)

Originally posted by Brummy View Post
                  :(
                  Skud

Comment

Originally posted by Brummy View Post
                    Would they do that in real life - probably not. I think the point is if they know shooting him will save intel because they know the game engine, then doing that exploits the game engine - cheating.

T
                    sigpic

Comment

I agree with opressingf the suicide button or jumping off a building to avoid arrest being against the rules, but if a team wants to use a civilian to draw the enemy into an ambush(ied, RPG, small arms) then killing that civie shouldn`t be against the rules. I have done this before and it would have been nice if the civie wasn`t killed, but hey insurgents don`t care about collateral damage in all of their other missions.
                      |TG-69th|chrisweb89

Comment

Originally posted by chrisweb89 View Post
                        I agree with opressingf the suicide button or jumping off a building to avoid arrest being against the rules, but if a team wants to use a civilian to draw the enemy into an ambush(ied, RPG, small arms) then killing that civie shouldn`t be against the rules. I have done this before and it would have been nice if the civie wasn`t killed, but hey insurgents don`t care about collateral damage in all of their other missions.
                        Using a distraction that might (or will in an explosion) be killed isn't the same thing as intentionally shooting that player just to avoid arrest.

It may be hard to tell the intent externally, but it should be clear that if you are reading this you are aware that we don't want the cause of death for the civilian to be based on avoiding ticket loss from an arrest, ie seeing a civilian near an enemy and shooting the civi intentionally before killing the BluFor.
                        |TG-6th|Snooggums

Just because everyone does something does not mean that it is right to do.

Comment

Let's not obscure the issue, the matter is clear, tk a civilian or suicide in an effort to game the game and that is against the Primer.

If a civilian happens to die accidentally then fair enough. Do not exploit the game or your next stop is the CAA thread unfortunately.

Comment

I had a civi actually come to my apc and jump up on the front in order to walk into my gun fire. I didn't see him jumping on front as i was zoomed in :/
                            Viking

Comment

Ha
                              |TG-12th| Namebot

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse