6/28 Fallujah 324-0

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6/28 Fallujah 324-0

Viking was commanding, giving excellent intel with the UAV, which was basically what won us the game. The end of the round was not declared a victory however, it said... indecisive?
    Stay together, communicate, don't give up.

sigpic

Re: 6/28 Fallujah 324-0

I didn't think there was a draw option in PR, as I am used to seeing 0-0 with someone winning.
    |TG-6th|Snooggums

Just because everyone does something does not mean that it is right to do.

Comment

Indecisive if admin forwards map

Otherwise if you get a grenade which kills dead dead 2 units from opposing forces and end with 0-0 then it is "The round was a draw, no side could claim victory"

But if somebody dies and we get the slight delay for "Round is ending..." then somebody else gives up and we lose a ticket then it's still 0-0 victory to etc

Comment

i don't follow.

sigpic

Comment

An admin forwarded the map 2 sec before the round ended normally. Either way that round was awesome. I was able to narrow down the cache location to specific buildings or cluster of buildings for 5 caches. The others were stumbled on. I think that was a record for speed as we won within 30-40min (i think). Does the 324 include the 25 for the last cache?
          Viking

Comment

It would make an interesting BF2 record video post. I think most of the insurgent team, myself and tman included were readily calling shenanigans on the amount cache killing. Despite the amount of FAIL that was our INS team. However, seeing caches exploding within minutes of spawning - on several occasions when no insurgents had yet to spawn on a purple cache was a bit hard to believe. Especially having it happen more than twice.

If it was legit. Goodgame I salute your top notch effort. But otherwise. You know who you are. And it's not permitted.

The 189th Infantry Brigade: Taking the 'the' out of psychotherapist since 2010.

XFire: mrthomasking

Comment

I had a similar discussion the round following and was assured by somebody on the insurgent team that it was pure luck.
              You have to be trusted by the people that you lie to,
              So that when they turn their backs on you,
              You'll get the chance to put the knife in.Pink Floyd "Dogs"

Comment

you must have not played with me when i go CO for blufor on insurgency. I am very good at determining cache locations from insurgent inf movements, spotting caches through windows/breaks in the roof. Many people say someone is cheating when i order inf straight to a cache, especially if it hasn't been relieved (which happened most of the time that round). It happens quite often. 2 caches were luck, the rest I either spotted from the UAV (on a roof and on a dock)or determined which cluster of 2-3 buildings it could be in using inf movements seen from the UAV and SLs feeding me intel to narrow my search. I literally spotted a cache or possible cache loc about every 6-7 min. A couple "possible cache loc" turned out to be false (mosque was one and another turned out to be a hideout).
                -Excellent work to the team too. Between the apcs and hummers, we were able to assault and clear locations very quickly. It was like having my own army of shock troopers. After giving intel, I had 1-2 squads on my marks within a minute assaulting full force. I am still excited about it now and was upset that my team wasn't rewarded with the "you are victorious" screen. Instead we got some lame indecisive message.
                Viking

Comment

The mosque was a cache and we thought you had it when the Bradley starting pounding it but then you left.
                  Good work on the CO.

Comment

If that was real with no intel from other than in game sources, it was the fastest cap out I have ever seen in PR on an insurgent map. I will take your word on it that it was just a steamroller.

I moved the map forward not knowing that after cache 5 and 6 went down in about 10 seconds of each other, cache 7 fell within the time I could ALT-TAB to forward the map in BF2CC - that is fast. Either way, it needed to end for one of many reasons, so I advanced the map to get things on a more even playing field for the server. It didn't seem like the map was playable in the state the game was in. From the other side of it, you have to understand how it looked.

Sorry if that upset folks, but I thought for the sake of the population it was better than pausing the server to ask what the heck was going on.

So, here you go:

Best I can do after the fact.

T
                    Last edited by TMan; 06-29-2010, 02:07 AM.
                    sigpic

Comment

eh.... what? The last three caches didn't go down within 10s of each other, that's ridiculous. I will also say that it's been my experience on TG, when a team is losing, no matter how badly, we play the round out. Only nubs and selfish players expect an admin to change to the next map when they are losing. The following round was actually well balanced because a few kind souls changed teams, as it should be. And anyway the teams weren't stacked, the caches just kept spawning in relatively easy places to get at, and the team was coordinated thanks to viking. TG isn't like other servers where EVERY ROUND people are talking about "ghosting" and "cheating" whenever a team does well. In fact, Quu was sumerially kicked from hardcore last year because we were playing at at TG level. At TG we know how to play smart; observe enemy movements and armament, coordinate intel, and plan assaults. That's not cheating, thats TG, and it's the kind of play expected here. <3

sigpic

Comment

Does it really matter if you saw the victory screen, guys?

You won. *claps*

Maybe the "nubs" on the other team just wanted a quick end. Nothing wrong with that. Ideally we're playing for the enjoyment of everyone on the server, not strictly to win.
                        Skud

Comment

Only nubs and selfish players expect an admin to change to the next map when they are losing. The following round was actually well balanced because a few kind souls changed teams, as it should be. And anyway the teams weren't stacked.

Wow.. contradiction much? So they weren't stacked.. but there was a need for a team balance the next game? Regarding the forwarded map. No one asked TMAN to switch the map over. No one greived for the round to end early. Let's not bring fiction into this.

It is more than obvious after the fact that the majority of the INS team had no team work, no common sense, no will to win. I started the round on USMC and know that there was at one point, 5 locked clan squads. (Edit: there was a single organized squad on INS.) Which makes me a little curious as to whether or not everyone on USMC started on that side. The first blue cache fell within 2 minutes of game start. Fishy...

It's done and over. And I know you want a congratulatory statement Paine. You have received it.

But games should be fun for both teams right? If a balance needs to happen on a round. It's bad sportsmanship to wait until after the fact. Everyone was guilty of this. We deserve much better combat experiences with as much talent as this community attracts.
                          Last edited by TomKing; 06-29-2010, 09:46 AM.

The 189th Infantry Brigade: Taking the 'the' out of psychotherapist since 2010.

XFire: mrthomasking

Comment

Funeral Music had a Sapper squad and we got about 10 mines down on the south side before the Bradley rolled up and we left.
                            So there was one organized squad.

Comment

-With no cars transporting people after a cache went down, it is very hard to get a solid defense at the next cache. I expect towards the end the ins team was spread all over the map where old caches used to be or walking to new ones.
                              -I think the true issue is not the fact that the battle was "indecisive," but that the map was forwarded because one team was losing and the "people" on that team didn't like it. It is like a referee being biased to one team and calling a bogus foul because the other team scored. If some "people" had stayed for the next round they would have had a good, even round of Silent Eagle.
                              Viking

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X