Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Beirut - 1st July 2010 - No deaths.. or nearly.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beirut - 1st July 2010 - No deaths.. or nearly.

Just come from an amazing round of Beirut which ended just 10 minutes ago.

I was leading an infantry squad, and we first headed to "factory" which the map layer (Random AAS) had required our team to cap. While at Factory we came across a transport humvee, I immediately thought in my head that the Israeli side must have rushed a squad in, but failed to derail the Russian's from capping Factory. I managed to kill two of them, my squad member killed two of them and Xsoldier killed I think killed the other two. (They were all down this little corridor) 2 Logi trucks spawned so I setup a TOW outside the entrance of Factory and a M113 came down the road and "Dont.Stop.Driving" just blasted that apc before he could fire any rounds off.

Sq. 7 Pel (The "-*LP*-") guys capped Western Centre City. So we moved up to Western Centre City to secure and defend it. I had time before that to deploy a fire base for the attacking force who would try and take the next flag for the rest of the round. To which was close to both flags i.e. the flags we had to defend and attack. My squad spent most of the round defending and preventing the enemy cap Western City Centre to which we had done until 2 squads, a Merkava and 1 M113 had come and nearly overrun us. However since they focused their attack on us at Western City Centre, other squads in our team managed to cap the attacking-flag while the enemy team managed to neutralise Western City Centre. However didn't cap in time to actually fully cap it.

But yeah most of the round we moved from building to building defending the flag that way and we at times did make 3-man assaults on enemy firebases.

We tried not to die however 5 of us died near the end of the round as we got rushed in the building we were in. But we did our job and it was only until they rushed in with two squads that we lost the flag. I'm going to stop typing now as it is 2 AM, so sorry if this typing looks all rushed. (Because it is) :D

We won the round by quite a high margin if I recall correctly! The ending result in terms of KDR was like 49 kills - 5 deaths. And for those saying KDR doesn't matter, it does when killing the enemy, as there is that sense of satisfaction killing the guy who would otherwise do his best to kill you. :D It is a shame we couldn't get 0 deaths. :(

---

But yeah. I haven't personally had many good rounds as of late but this game has totally changed that. I have to do a little shout out to the guys in my squad:

|TG| Toddshooter - Was a great medic. When we went down he was always on queue to revive us in a fast and safe manner.
    Dont.Stop.Driving - Very cooperative and worked amazing with the squad especially when giving me details to where the enemy were, so I could mark them for the squad.
    Quailkiller - Worked great with the squad and always communicated and would rebuild friendly FBs that had gone down without me even having to ask.
    lAtR - Worked amazingly well with the squad, always giving feedback, always telling me where enemies were coming from or notifying me on enemy firing positions.
    blackhatch46 - I don't think you got to fire that light AT at any armour but thanks for taking it even though you didn't want to! (I requested someone take a LAT since I could hear a lot of APCs rolling around and he was the first to get it for me) And it is great when you can request your squad members to do something and one of them will go do it without a fuss.

It was great playing with random people I had never played along side in a squad before and actually succeed!

I think we all enjoyed the game in my squad from what I could tell and it would be a pleasure to have those guys in my squad again!

Thanks for the game all!

p.s. I would have posted screenshots but the Battle Recorder isn't working and since I couldn't take any in-game due to the fast pace action in the game itself. So I was hoping on downloading the BFR ... which sucks since I found it it has stopped working since we switched server. :( *sad face*

Hopefully the guys in my squad have screenshots!

Don't fight a battle if you don't gain anything by winning.
    Erwin Rommel

Re: Beirut - 1st July 2010 - No deaths.. or nearly.

nice job guys. rewarding, isn't it?
    as the (more often than not) [TF21] medic, my kudos go to toddshooter. well done, lad. i understand the patience and sacrifice.

i am shocked by your kit load-out though. only one LMG and no shotguns!!! ....although i wonder what was in your compiled armory. lol

Comment

Indeed, the round was superb.
      I do not have a lot of PR experience but this game came out to be one of a very few truly interesting and intense rounds.
      Every single member of the squad has shown the most professional awareness, spotting, identifying and reporting targets with their exact/near exact locations which made enemy, who were just around 100m away in buildings from us, vulnurable to our fire, as well as enemy ARs receiving accurate fire from my polished SVD.
      Upon finding enemy firebases, they were swiftly taken down/supressed by our 3 man assaulting group and 3 man cover group, something you rarely see in most games.
      With the game being intense, mosty being under fire, I unfortunately have not taken any screenshots apart from the final score screen.

Overall stats for the squad as you see are: 54 kills and 5 deaths.

I have enjoyed playing with my squad vs IDF who kept this game intense,interesting and non-stop for us.

P.S. Now I can actually get some sleep, 5AM :<

Comment

Originally posted by CoronadoSeal View Post
        nice job guys. rewarding, isn't it?

i am shocked by your kit load-out though. only one LMG and no shotguns!!! ....although i wonder what was in your compiled armory. lol
        Kits you see on the screenshot were the only ones we used in WCC defense.
        SL
        AR
        Medic
        UGL
        LAT
        Marksman

Comment

Originally posted by iAtR View Post
          Kits you see on the screenshot were the only ones we used in WCC defense.
          SL
          AR
          Medic
          UGL
          LAT
          Marksman
          well then i'm dually impressed!

Comment

The UGL is a must when defending in tall buildings. When having fire fights with people attacking you from across the road in another building that UGL will either injure or kill the person shooting from the balcony window even if they go prone. Which then stops the enemy from firing and you can then focus more fire on other targets and so on. Furthermore I have developed a liking for the AK-74!

I would have made a video of the fire fights however was upset to find that he BFR wasn't working. :(

Don't fight a battle if you don't gain anything by winning.
            Erwin Rommel

Comment

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/awards-submit-nomination/

| | | |

Comment

Wow guys I'm still stoked from that round:row__739:

This is a great example of what Wickins is talking about. Loading up and going with who you get. Playing with a group of guys none of us have ever played with before and having a blast. Was friggin awesome!!!!!!!!!!
                Comms were top notch, we had some nice conversation but when someone said "Break" it was instant silence. Everyone in this squad did their jobs perfectly and complimented each other.

Thanks to all in the squad, this round will be remembered for a long time!!!!
                sigpic

Comment

congrats everyone, this is a big accomplishment. I'm especially glad to see people new to TG working so well together!
                  Stay together, communicate, don't give up.

sigpic

Comment

Just logged in to say thanks for the great game and the great squad mates! I have not been having the best of luck finding good team play lately.... so this was really a great experience. That map and the russian guns continue to grow on me.

Look forward to seeing you guys on the battlefield again!

Comment

Very nice job guys and must have been some great Sling from the fail SL named plum.
                      |TG-69th|chrisweb89

Comment

Always leave it on us 69th to rage-quit. I would've stayed for that If I hadn't kicked out my power cord by accident. After which I decided it was a lost cause. Always leave it on me to be pessimistic!

Anyway, enough of my blubbering, good work Plum. Teaches us, some of us especially, that not every public person you meet is just a vanilla dude who doesn't care a bit.

sigpic

Comment

Bravo Gentlemen, bravo. Great to see people really playing the TG way. GJ PLum!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X