Silent Eagle Rule Inquiry

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Silent Eagle Rule Inquiry

There was a good round on silent eagle 64 that just ended. A lot of good combine arms from both teams. But it raised an important question that I feel can be answered by the admin team. Forgive me and try not to flame me if this has be addressed before. I don't know if it has.

The rules state that in the event that Russia caps all flags the Airstrip Main base flag then becomes a valid target.

If the Russian team neutralizes the Airstrip flag, and at the same time loses the previous flag to an enemy squad (completely loses that previous flag to a full cap, not just a neutralize) before Airstrip is capped. Is airstrip still an attackable target or must russian forces return the previous flag in order to regain the right to attack airstrip?

Please don't derail this thread with arguments and opinions. I just want the admin team to answer.

Thank you.

The 189th Infantry Brigade: Taking the 'the' out of psychotherapist since 2010.

XFire: mrthomasking

Re: Silent Eagle Rule Inquiry

Contact an Admin forum.

Please.
    Skud

Comment

Its better if its a public post because when the admins to post the answer regarding his question..everyone will see it. Not just one person.
      sigpic

Do you really want invincible bears running around raping your churches and burning your women?

Intel i7 3930k @ 4.4ghz, 8gb RAM, 2x GTX 570 1gb, OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig SSD

Comment

I struggled with the idea of making this an admin only post/message. But I think the public needs to at least see the final ruling so that it can be settled in game without a ton of drama. =)

Comment

I wasnt sure what the rules were on that. In a way, if the Americans were able to neutralize it, tthey should be able to defend it. Whats the point of defending the airfield, as the Russians, if you can rush your whole team to neutralize clearing and make the Americans leave without a fight, and have clearing secured.

If you make the Americans leave the airfield they pretty much have to go back to village since the enemy already has a foot hold at clearing, which seems lame to me. If the Russians want their airfield back they should take it back.

Now if Americans werent able to neutralize the airfield during their attack and clearing goes white, the Americans should have to pull back immediately since they never technically gained position at the airfield.
          Last edited by ankyle62; 07-03-2010, 05:24 PM. Reason: grammar

"All of you stay frickin high speed. All you stay on your frickin primaries and frickin slay bodies all day long. Good to go" -Combat Ninja lol

Comment

Randomly tossing around words like they and team leaves much to be desired from your post ankyle. I'm having a very hard time trying to understand what you're saying.

Let's wait for an admin to clarify rules before we speculate who has to do what if when happens at where. Then they can go face them at there before they get back to where they were before they did the thing there.

Comment

fixed

"All of you stay frickin high speed. All you stay on your frickin primaries and frickin slay bodies all day long. Good to go" -Combat Ninja lol

Comment

Originally posted by TomKing View Post
                There was a good round on silent eagle 64 that just ended. A lot of good combine arms from both teams. But it raised an important question that I feel can be answered by the admin team. Forgive me and try not to flame me if this has be addressed before. I don't know if it has.

The rules state that in the event that Russia caps all flags the Airstrip Main base flag then becomes a valid target.

If the Russian team neutralizes the Airstrip flag, and at the same time loses the previous flag to an enemy squad (completely loses that previous flag to a full cap, not just a neutralize) before Airstrip is capped. Is airstrip still an attackable target or must russian forces return the previous flag in order to regain the right to attack airstrip?

Please don't derail this thread with arguments and opinions. I just want the admin team to answer.

Thank you.
                Tom

Good question. I'll start the answer with a quote from the rules:

Rule 4a above allows for entry into an enemy main base if it is also their last flag when the prior flag goes neutral. They may not attempt to destroy vehicles or otherwise engage in base "rape" activities. They are allowed in specifically for the purposes of capturing the enemy flag or positioning themselves to attack once it comes in to play. These troops may be engaged and may fight back at this point. If the prior flag returns to complete control of the enemy team, those players who entered the main must attempt to exit as quickly as possible. They may be engaged and may fight back during this time, but they must be making an effort to leave the main base in doing so. Failure to attempt to leave may result in administrative action being taken.
                Just as a bit of back story, this specific part of the rule was written with Barracuda in mind, but I think it still has validity where Silent Eagle is concerned. I've highlighted the important parts in bold.

The short of it is, the enemy must make an effort to withdraw when the prior flag is returned to full control of the team who's main is neutralized. It doesn't say that they can be sitting ducks or that they have to essentially die without a fight because they got caught trying to cap a flag, but they must begin making an effort to withdraw.

I hope that this answers your question. Obviously, as new maps are developed and released we may require a tweak of this rule (or others), but for now I think that this rule is fair to both teams and handles any AAS maps where the main is also a cappable flag.

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Comment

Thanks for siting this reference. The ticket difference at the end of the round was rather grave, Rus 150+ to US 0, but I feel that it would have been much closer now.

The debate was because of russian troops continuing to kill unmanned air assets and freshly spawned US soliders (using bomber strikes, tanks, havoc fire and surrounding infantry) at the neutral airbase and not returning to attack their lost and overcapped clearing flag. This "Base Rape" started a mini-round debate, which prompted my inquiry.

Please read below for the stenographers report of the inccident.

US, "Stoooooopppp ittttt...Get off the flag and attack clearing."
                  RUS, " Nuh-Uh! Nuh-Uh! We neutralized it, so just take it back if you want it *rasberries*"
                  US, "Moooooom!!! Russia stuck it's tongue out at me."
                  Rus, "I'm allowed stupid! Stop Crying!"
                  US, "Go read the rules poo-poo head."
                  Round Ending...

I will know what section of the rules to site in the future if this happens again.

Comment

Tom - in the situation you've cited above the Russian players were clearly violating the rules as they were destroying assets and spawning players.

Rule 4a states:
                    They may not attempt to destroy vehicles or otherwise engage in base "rape" activities.

Comment

"If the prior flag returns to complete control of the enemy team, those players who entered the main must attempt to exit as quickly as possible. They may be engaged and may fight back during this time, but they must be making an effort to leave the main base in doing so."

I was unaware of this rule, neat. Guess it's time to skim through the rules again.

Comment

Maybe I missed something in that quote, but when I read it, it only applied if the second to last flag was neutral but never fully capped. Then since the last flag mas imoveable due to the game design the attacking force had to pull out since there was no use for them there. The situation described here had the attacking force(RUS) with the enemy last flag neutral, but second last flag capped for the defending team(US). Anytime on other maps where one of the spawns isn`t also the last flag, the team who was able to get it neutral but lost their rear flag(RUS in this case) was allowed to stay there and it was treated just as any other flag would be. The problem with silent eagle is assets spawn no matter who has the flag I think, and the american team's rally points are continuously spawnable until they are finally knifed and even then they respawn like on korengal I believe.

What is written above isn't meant to argue with what dispo has just said just clarrify for others and me that have seen the earlier ruling of you can stay there since it is a flag and you worked to get it neutral. I personally liked it more this way but whatever stops spawning camping(which really cant be avoided since they spawn right on the flag you just neutralized) and people abusing the rule just to kill unmanned assets.
                        |TG-69th|chrisweb89

Comment

Thats how I thought it worked as well.

I could've sworn I remembered capping the US main and them only being able to paradrop in, nor any assets spawning. Although this may have only been when the flag was fully capped. Or, maybe it has since changed.
                          |TG-12th| Namebot

Comment

Originally posted by chrisweb89 View Post
                            Maybe I missed something in that quote, but when I read it, it only applied if the second to last flag was neutral but never fully capped. Then since the last flag mas imoveable due to the game design the attacking force had to pull out since there was no use for them there. The situation described here had the attacking force(RUS) with the enemy last flag neutral, but second last flag capped for the defending team(US). Anytime on other maps where one of the spawns isn`t also the last flag, the team who was able to get it neutral but lost their rear flag(RUS in this case) was allowed to stay there and it was treated just as any other flag would be. The problem with silent eagle is assets spawn no matter who has the flag I think, and the american team's rally points are continuously spawnable until they are finally knifed and even then they respawn like on korengal I believe.
                            I understand, but each of the points raised (assets spawn there, permanent spawn points) make this area the US main base by definition and so it is subject to the same rules as any other main. Is it perfect? No. Would it be better if the spawn was tied to actually owning the flag and the assets spawning elsewhere? Yes. However, the rule does allow the Russian team to fight for the flag and defend themselves while retreating while at the same time protecting the spirit of the rules and more importantly the spirit of TG.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X