tactical sense

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tactical sense

Ok, I am new to this server and I thought I would provide a little feedback because I have noticed a trend.

First let me say that I am not a perfect player...there it is out. So take this as constructive feedback

The main thing I see with the squadleaders and commanders is that when they are under attack at a firebase they loose focus on the next objective. So what happens is that the entire force of bad guys desends on just one spot.
    So when you are concentrated on the flag you are trying to save it is turned to neutral and the previous flag is now in the enemies hands... so now the enemy will not start to focus on the next flag...

What am I saying? Ok the name of the game is Advance And Secure... All teams should focus on a 2 prong attack all the time. One maintains the first flag while the second attacks the next...when it is secure they hold it until the first unit takes the next flag. I think that is pretty clear.

Now the second thing is just wacky... Why build an FOB in the middle of no where and then defend it with all of the people in the map...30 people???? So all the bad guys come to that spot.....and then you loose the map.
    No advance to try to take a flag...nothing...What is the point in that...
    OK.....my thoughts....ADVANCE AND SECURE

15 People that hang out at the main base waiting for the one tank, the one jet or just waiting for that sniper kit dont help the fight...If you want that go back to Vanilla BF2...then you can get all the sniper rifles you want.

Last thing...This mod is ALL ABOUT TEAMWORK....TEAMWORK
    I have seen alot of 1 man locked squads...That is for Vanilla BF2...not here
    Everysquad should have 6 people and they should all be TOGETHER and WORKING TOGETHER...
    This is how all of the successful units kick ass...

See you on the server...and if you see me...just call me an ass. Then atleast I know you read the article.
    =AONO= ALWAYS OUTNUMBERED NEVER OUTGUNNED
    RADARRAT - Circa 1985 - The original Rat

Re: tactical sense

Are you sure you were playing on TG?

The whole build a FOB and defend thing works well in certain situations. You wait for them to come to you and kill them as they do. It's easier to defend than it is to attack in most cases. You kill them, you survive, and you win.

Even with the one squad defending and one or two advancing I see it happening everyday, and is a fairly normal tactic. I would think not seeing it on TG would be weird.

I still dont think you were on TG with the whole one man locked squad thing or sitting around main waiting for assets. TG is pretty good at policing their own with that sort of thing. I guess things could happen late night on the server when no admin are around.

"All of you stay frickin high speed. All you stay on your frickin primaries and frickin slay bodies all day long. Good to go" -Combat Ninja lol

Comment

Hey Radarrat!

Originally posted by Radarrat View Post
      First let me say that I am not a perfect player...there it is out. So take this as constructive feedback
      Heh, neither am I. :D

I have seen alot of 1 man locked squads...That is for Vanilla BF2...not here
      Everysquad should have 6 people and they should all be TOGETHER and WORKING TOGETHER...
      This is how all of the successful units kick ass...
      Quick comment as Im in a hurry. One man locked squads are against the server rules. So feel free to report them to admins when you see them. Although I disagree with the idea that every squad should have the full six men. Depending on the map, situation and assests its usefull to field smaller units from time to time (armour, trans, build, logy, recon, etc.).

See ya around!
      [S7]Hablos
      Proud to have been part of the 101st Siege Corps of Engineers

sigpic

Comment

Out of the three only the first strikes me as something we do in large amounts here at TG. I think many of the regular squad leaders have a tendency to play defensively but I cant really see a problem with that since it gives better gameplay where you are not rushing all over the map. You should not always be attacking since attacking will usually cost you more tickets then defending and therefore if you feel you are behind on tickets and cant get a bleed on the there is no reason to commit to a full scale attack instead just dig in and keep the enemy off your flag.

Cant remember when I last saw half the team hanging out in the middle of nowhere on AAS, on insurgency yes because there it is necessary sometimes to gather intel. Sometimes one squad will occupy a position that overlooks a flag or covers a flank to make sure the enemy doesn't go there but thats about it.

and like hablos said oneman locked squad are not allowed so tell them to unlock and if they don't respond report them to the admin
        If people are becoming so bored when playing that they have to resort to this immature behaviour I will give them something to do, call it a project. The project is "appeal a ban". - Wicks

Comment

FOB's can be just as important as the objective itself. The days of flexable spawns (perma rally points) are over. The team can be very dependent on that one FOB.

Attacking is not as simple as it sounds. In my mind, on most AAS maps, attacks have the following weighing into it:

Do I have transport?
          Do I have a method of spawning during the attack?
          Do I have a need for CAS?
          Do I have a need for AT or Armor support?
          Do I have supplies, or do I need to call them in?
          Do I know where the enemy can reinforce from?
          Do I have some advantage over the defenders?

That's quite a list of things you need to consider before attacking anywhere. To top that, one must always consider what the strength of the enemy is. Even without any special assets or kits, in a fair 6 v 6, the defenders are likely to win. This has been taught by sun tzu for thousands of years, and I believe it applies perfectly to the question "Should I attack?" Attacking in PR really requires you to be working with a lot of other elements of the team. And if the team is struggling to defend elsewhere, or is working on another objective, you may not get the elements of the team that you need for the attack.

"It is the rule in war, if ten times the enemy's strength, surround them; if five times, attack them;
          if double, engage them; if equal, be able to divide them; if fewer, be able to evade them; if weaker, be able to avoid them."

Yeah, attacking always sounds good, but you really have to organize it right and have a good advantage to successfully attack. This is why many AAS rounds are not decided by cap-out. Most AAS rounds start out aggressive, but with most of the units sticking to the "norm" flag balance on the map. A great example of this is Silent Eagle. The US usually has 1 or 2 flags before central village can be attacked. Due to the overwhelming speed and quantity of armor available to the Russians at Silo, the US have a pretty slow-roll out [assets and troops]. So, in my experience, the map usually starts off with the Russians taking hold of central village. It's not uncommon for a round of Silent Eagle to take 3 hours. The US struggles to take Central Village, and the Russians have an awful lot of open ground to traverse for the assaults on US objectives. This isn't a slight on the map, it's just how it plays out. Attacking on that map in particular is very difficult.
          Skud

Comment

Classic assault ratio - 3 -1
            Attack equals movement equals deviation.
            Attack movement can mean being caught between cover.
            Attacking without surprise necessitates superior force, therefore without superior force you are as the sea crashing against the rocks.

Defence can mean you have had time to prepare meaning fields of fire and minimal deviation.
            Defence allows patience, patience gives you time, time gives the rest of your team the chance to flank and counter assault.

Deciding when to do either and how separates the people who are just running around shooting each other from the real players.

There is no set time to attack, only favourable conditions.

Comment

Building a FOB away from a flag makes it slightly less likely that the enemy overruns it or even finds it. Sometimes the team gets pinned down by the enemy and is kept away by the flag, because of getting shot at and dying, not because they want to.

Most of the time there is not that much Strategic value in going elsewhere than the flag. If its all plain desert, why would you not go straight for the flag. However sometimes there are bridges that need to be secured, or passages that need to be cleared to deploy a fob that makes a sustained attack on a flag possible.

And lastly, sometimes there is widespread lethargy among the squadleaders. I dont know if it is because of a widespread cas of feeling meh, or because most guys on here arent actual military personel and are plain fresh out of ideas. If the game slows down and nobody is going anywhere waiting for stuff to happen, make a suggestion. I did it last time I played and people picked up on it. The team bravely secured a path to victory and then the server crashed XD, or a death ray cannon exploded earth if you prefer that as an explanation.

Comment

The problem with tactical gameplay is that it's a game and people come here to have fun.

Some people don't want to spend their time after work to sit on a flag having no actionf or hours, personally I don't mind. Once on Jabal I sat for 2 hours of the game jsut laughing with my squad. 0 kills, 2 deaths (Asset placement xD) We still had fun.

However, the thing I'm getting at is that, in war, you have your Recon move in, identify the location and targets, reinforcement. You then hit it with long range fire from Armour or Airborne, if that's not possible or not feasable you move infantry in and create a crossfire. All of this is planned and staged before the engagement. Where as, this is a game. You work with what you have. :P

Comment

Dead ground, the area that good players exploit and bad players overlook.

When assaulting a flag through open ground, look at the terrain, ask yourself how would water move through it. Follow that path.

When defending a flag, you don't need to sit on the flag. If the flag is in low ground, a proverbial ordinance bucket, sit off the flag in an over watch position. Leaving the actual flag vacant will be irresistible bait to your opponents and they will rush in unopposed (they believe). Let them show their hand, let them rush into open ground as they surely will in their haste to get on the flag. They will forgo cover and you can cut them down in the open. If anyone makes it on to the flag, well you know precisely where they are. In addition this will reveal their point of origin and maybe give you a heads up to the position of their firebase.

Comment

Now the second thing is just wacky... Why build an FOB in the middle of no where and then defend it with all of the people in the map...30 people????
                    Only map I see that happening on our server is Kashan. for some reason theres always a bunch of people on that useless hill. ive always only people that should be on that hill is a sniper, spotter and medic.

Comment

No a good emplacement up on that hill will make life hell on the people down below so having a squad up there is not a bad idea
                      If people are becoming so bored when playing that they have to resort to this immature behaviour I will give them something to do, call it a project. The project is "appeal a ban". - Wicks

Comment

Originally posted by Katanama View Post
                        No a good emplacement up on that hill will make life hell on the people down below so having a squad up there is not a bad idea
                        in some situations yes. but im talking 2 or 3 sqds up there, which is what happened last time I played kashan

Comment

Originally posted by fullkontact View Post
                          The problem with tactical gameplay is that it's a game and people come here to have fun.

Some people don't want to spend their time after work to sit on a flag having no actionf or hours, personally I don't mind. Once on Jabal I sat for 2 hours of the game jsut laughing with my squad. 0 kills, 2 deaths (Asset placement xD) We still had fun.

However, the thing I'm getting at is that, in war, you have your Recon move in, identify the location and targets, reinforcement. You then hit it with long range fire from Armour or Airborne, if that's not possible or not feasable you move infantry in and create a crossfire. All of this is planned and staged before the engagement. Where as, this is a game. You work with what you have. :P
                          Without the tactics and the teamwork its an old game with outdated grafics.

Comment

Originally posted by Golgo13 View Post
                            Without the tactics and the teamwork its an old game with outdated grafics.
                            But with a scale that few modern military games offer. Other games that don't have teamwork tools are just generic FPS games with updated graphics.
                            |TG-6th|Snooggums

Just because everyone does something does not mean that it is right to do.

Comment

People do get tunnel vision ingame when they are fighting an enemy, retreating is one of the hardest things to get in to a PR player's mindset for example :P

remember to use the !report function against dudes who are either breaking rules or not working with the team, admins will sort them out

also remember it takes 2 to tango, you have to work with the team for it to work with you and vice versa, which usually takes an actual voice to work :)

and also also remember to come to TG password nights, in that setting you are almost 100% guarenteed of teamwork.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X