Hot evac APC

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hot evac APC

Usually people are used to rely on helicopter evac, because its safe and fast. This means the landing area needs to be safe. However when your squad is under pressure, APCs can provide firesupport and you can load up while the enemy is pinned.

Next time your lone squad is pinned down by a mob of insurgents and technicals, call in an apc in time and let him know over mumble youre in a hurry.

Re: Hot evac APC

Most APCs avoid those situations due to the high probability of enemy AT weaponry, so be very clear that you know there is no AT before calling it in, and don't expect a second evac if there was some the first time.
    |TG-6th|Snooggums

Just because everyone does something does not mean that it is right to do.

Comment

mech inf doesn't exist for longer than point to point situations in PR. It is so sad. I've really tried to do it, but come to the conclusion that Highly visible, slow moving mech is dead mech in PR, cause that dude with the H-AT is always setting up for the kill. This is why you always see APCs running around like they mad on Muttrah, etc.
      Stay together, communicate, don't give up.

sigpic

Comment

If you are under heavy fire it usually means someone is down. Then the APC has to wait and provide cover and firesupport while you revive. Then right as the last guy jumps in BOOM! you all explode. Sounds like fun though.
        |TG-12th| Namebot

Comment

Originally posted by Paine View Post
          mech inf doesn't exist for longer than point to point situations in PR. It is so sad. I've really tried to do it, but come to the conclusion that Highly visible, slow moving mech is dead mech in PR, cause that dude with the H-AT is always setting up for the kill. This is why you always see APCs running around like they mad on Muttrah, etc.
          That wasnt my experience. On Muttrah as long as I had friendly inf around me SOMEBODY of the 10 people would spot the HAT and surpress it. However when there was nothing to shoot at I fell back hundred meters or so, so I wasnt sticking around for a lonely at to get lucky.

The time I got taken out was when they closed of the street with Mines nobody thought of grabbing an engineer kit and after clearing the mines I eneded up taking a different approach on my own to take out a fob. Of course a Hat gunner was sitting there. But I advanced with the team a all the way to the flag before the last on muttrah and my gunner had like 18 kills before getting taken out.

Comment

yeah, let him know over mumble you're in a hurry!
            on a related note, i contend at any given point of time in my pr gaming experience i am no longer than 2 minutes to some kind of anti tank weapon, which is one of the ''so sad(s)'' in my book.....

Comment

I've always done better driving around Muttrah like I'm in GTA than relying on infantry support. It's the nature of AT in the game.
              |TG-6th|Snooggums

Just because everyone does something does not mean that it is right to do.

Comment

I sadly have to agree with tghe people that day a roaming and hit and run apcv is beter than one staying with a squad for every moment most of the time. This is especially true on tight urban maps, if you slowly move up a street with a squad the enemy can predict what you will do and do the good old jack in the box HAT kits which wins 90% of the time even if the apc fires the first shot and suppresses. If you conastantly drive around and hit them from unexpected angles not only will you get more kills, and do the flanking for your infantry shooting at them, but their HATs especially won`t be able to line up on you and most of the time you can run if a LAT does get a hit on you. This tactic also allows your firepower to be spread out to the rest of the team and not just 1 or 2 squads nearby.

About the extractiong, before you ask for it, ask yourself is the gain better than the risk. If your squad had a captured enemy HAT kit then most of the time it would be well worth an apc, but sometimes if you are just a normal infantry squad with wounded members already its not worth sending in a valuable vehicle when you can just respawn with the loss of 6 tickets compared to 15-18 depending on the type of APC/IFV.
                |TG-69th|chrisweb89

Comment

Agree with the poster above.

Have to say that with had an exellent LAV crew today on Muttrah, who came in to support when called in covered medics for revives. Don't know how they fared on the other corners of the map though.
                  [S7]Hablos
                  Proud to have been part of the 101st Siege Corps of Engineers

sigpic

Comment

I too have to agree with most, I have yearned for the chance to use the APC's while supporting infantry within the bunkers of Kashan but those blasted iron tank traps always hinder me from moving any further (That and the tanks/TOWs/HAT along the mountain sides.

Muttrah is one of the few exceptions, only when players load up fast enough and smoke from the APC is deployed giving you a few seconds of breathing room.

Though I have experienced first hand Strykers and infantry working together successfully on Ramiel, this can happen if there is huge amount of strategy and waypoints put up by a CO in coordination with a lot of communication and Hummvw support at the rear, which in turn can also be used as a quick evac, to a holding point.

An evac of any kind is only as helpful as the intel the pilots or drivers are given. There have been too many times which a SL will ask for an evac, and their squad is lollygagging around or that the SL has not given the right amount of intel, and in some cases is too deep behind enemy lines to be evacuated safely.

The above is where the SL Radio comes into play along with communication and common sense, the SL can mark enemy positions or roughly give their whereabouts so that upon arrival the APC or helo can have an idea of what its up against.
                    Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
                    Level II Volunteer FireFighter
                    Level I HazMat Technician
                    NYS EMT-B
                    Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
                    RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
                    Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
                    Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
                    We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

Good thread.
                      I don't have anything to offer other than I feel you all have valid points.
                      There are certain standard/common methods of using APC's but sometimes the unconventional can work.
                      :)

|

Comment

The problem with the APC's is that they fprgot to install a decent reverse-drive into it! It is slower than a baby crawling when you have to back-up.

You can keep the APC alive longer if you do not advance to the front line.

Sap

Comment

Originally posted by Hablos View Post
                          Agree with the poster above.

Have to say that with had an exellent LAV crew today on Muttrah, who came in to support when called in covered medics for revives. Don't know how they fared on the other corners of the map though.

Not that good LAVs, they were shooting AP rounds at us - LOL
                          It was a good round, hard fight at city center and constructions.
                          Last edited by AlmightyLion; 07-15-2010, 09:52 AM.

TG-6th|Almightylion

"It's feedom for everybody or freedom for nobody"" - Malcolm X

Comment

Originally posted by Paine View Post
                            I think the key to have a successful mec inf squad is to take it really really slow. Many inf SLs and myself forget to remember the APC that is supporting me and my squad. That means, taking a extra look how to use the terrian and find to find the best way/spot that will help both your squad and your APC support. Also to make sure its clear of any kind of AT, its important to dubble check, also ask in chat - not everyone use mumble.

The APC crewmen should always keep their apc hidden (low grounds, valleys) and keep their engine off. They should only engage target that the inf SL is pointing out that he needs to help with, they should then fallback to a safe spot. They should not stay visible and scan for targets, that will most likely end up with a HAT or TOW destorying the APC.

Urban maps like Muttrah is really hard to do mec inf, try to cover just one part or road of the city. Only move where inf squad have cleared, avoid staying on road with high visibility (the two main roads of the west and eastern side of the map, but also the middle road - the one from north city, gas station, down to east city, city center)

The key - take it slow, both as inf SL and as crewmans of the APC.

TG-6th|Almightylion

"It's feedom for everybody or freedom for nobody"" - Malcolm X

Comment

Thanks Hablos, I was trying not to lonewolf to the front line. Keeping alongside the INF to cover and to keep away from the HAT's. Also a lot of people forget that APC's are transport vehicles.

We could roam all the Northern part of the map, near the big ship looking towards the City center. It was save near/in construction when there was INF near. Long range fire support worked best and if intel was good we could double team on the BTR's taking them out. We came into problems when construction was taken over and the enemy HAT moved there with the BTR's.
                              As soon as the HAT comes into North city my LAV's should have backed out, because of the long range view over Docks.

Was a fun round!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X