Battlefield 3 Beta Comes with Medal of Honor Limited Edition

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battlefield 3 Beta Comes with Medal of Honor Limited Edition

Dont know if anyone has seen this but for those who havent, here it is. BF3 is finally coming!

EA also announced today that people who own the Medal of Honor Limited Edition will receive an invitation to the beta** for another highly-anticipated EA shooter, Battlefield 3™. Battlefield 3 is the latest entry in the award-winning shooter franchise from DICE in Stockholm, Sweden.

From EA Site

Want to be among the first to get hands-on with Battlefield 3? If you own Medal of Honor Limited Edition you will receive an invitation to the Battlefield 3 beta within 12-months following the release of Medal of Honor.
    sigpic

Do you really want invincible bears running around raping your churches and burning your women?

Intel i7 3930k @ 4.4ghz, 8gb RAM, 2x GTX 570 1gb, OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig SSD

Re: Battlefield 3 Beta Comes with Medal of Honor Limited Edition

Originally posted by gijoe View Post
    BF3 is finally coming!
    well we all knew it was coming, just not when. if the beta comes out in a year don't expect bf3 too soon.

Comment

I wouldnt hold hope for a BF3 being anything like BF2..
      Its probably gonna be a new BC2..
      Yes, i have lost all confidence in Dice and EA.

Comment

BC3 is more likely yea. The only way I'd think different is if you can mod it which is very unlikely unfortunately. It will be a PS3 and xbox game

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

I still hold my glimmer of hope that it'll be Battlefield 3 and Battlefield 3: Modern Combat (Like they did with BF2) Same name, completely different game.

Comment

Originally posted by Donrhos View Post
            Its probably gonna be a new BC2..
            oh pls let it not be so

Comment

If it turns out to be another BC2 type game im gonna mail a picture of me giving the finger, to EA/DICE. Im hoping it will be epic like BF2 was/is and can give us all kinds of crazy fun mods, but its unlikely as Dice has recently shoved their heads up their asses
              sigpic

Do you really want invincible bears running around raping your churches and burning your women?

Intel i7 3930k @ 4.4ghz, 8gb RAM, 2x GTX 570 1gb, OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig SSD

Comment

it seems game makers in general are moving toward more arcade-like shooters. just look what happened to COD over the years. the first one was the greatest game of its generation, but they have gotten more and more run-n-gun/arcadey ever since. it seems those that like a realistic and tactical game are a minority, or are at least ignored by the major game makers.

here's to the future of PR!

Comment

I'll try and get everyone's hopes up.

Feb 22nd, 2010
                  Fredrik Liliegren, who helmed DICE as CEO from 1988 to 2000 before moving on to manage DICE Canada until it closed down, told Gaming Union that Battlefield 3 will "blow everyone away.

"I know what they were talking about on the PC side for [the next] Battlefield, and they haven't announced any of that yet, after three years, so I know what's coming, and I still can't talk about it because I'm still under NDA," he said.

"What the PC version is going to be, Battlefield 3, I think it's going to absolutely blow everyone away, but I can't tell you what it is, but it will blow people away."

Liliegren also noted that Battlefield 3 will be a vastly different experience from Modern Warfare 2, and that that difference will be the very reason why the former will succeed.
                  http://www.qj.net/qjnet/news/battlef...-dice-ceo.html

"Inter Arma Enim Silent Leges"

Comment

I will continue to cling to the hope that DICE hasn't completely forgotten what battlefield is "supposed" to be.
                    Semper Fi, Marines.

Comment

Originally posted by Daishi2442 View Post
                      I will continue to cling to the hope that DICE hasn't completely forgotten what battlefield is "supposed" to be.
                      I think DICE hasn't.
                      I know EA has.

Comment

We can always play PR forever......
                        sigpic

Comment

Every time some one brought up BF3 they always talked about the PC side of the game so they probably have been paying attention to what we like and what we want. BUT, if the game doesn't have jets then it wont be the same as the BF we know. They said that it will be a much different game than MW2 so we can be sure that there wont be small maps, retarded perks, kill streak rewards, and vehicles. Now they have advanced a bit since BF2 so a destructible environment can be expected. Thats my take for BF3 for now.

Comment

PR simply can't satisfy any of my urges for fastplaced gameplay though, I will miss that about the heady days of .5 where you could have simulationesque gameplay on one server, hop to the next one and get your fix of run and gun. I stick to vanilla mostly now, the community's thinned out a tad, not as many rude or bad players anymore.

Comment

My prediction, prettier version of BF2, trade off of graphics over numbers so it will be limited to 48 players. Sort of halfway between BF2 and BC2. Limited if any destructible environment.

Despite Joint Operations doing 120 players 5 years ago we are going backwards. Devs seem to be assuming instead of expansive and realistically scaled battlefields we all want to play in prettier and prettier shoeboxes, as long as they are destructible. This is console driven, COD, BC2 etc. I can't afford to get too excited about this game, history waves the evidence if repetitive FAIL each time I even think about getting my hopes up.

There is no real money in developing a PR like version of BF, console markets dwarf ours and history has also shown that the big developers do not recognise the mature, tactical shooter market. They haven't exactly catered to it yet have they. It has got to the stage where they don't even need to have basic voip functionality in the pc version and it still sells by the boatload. How indicative is it that devs couldn't give a flying [email protected] when they release a game with so many graphical flourishes etc and no real squad system and no working voip.

I'll wait and see but tbh its somewhat akin to waiting to see if being kicked in the nuts hurts. A predictable outcome that I should anticipate without the unnecessary pain.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X