Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Make the auto-script kick non-Mumble players first?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Make the auto-script kick non-Mumble players first?

Hi TG players!

(Hopes i posts this right...)

I know how the script works when kicking non supporting members in game, but wouldnt it be nice if the non-SM players that uses mumble gets kicked after the players that dont use it?

I mean, a non-SM with mumble uses more teamwork than a non-SM without mumble. (TG stands for Tactical Gamer rigth ;) ...)

(This depends on if the script could work that way...)

No offence supporting TG with donations, just making a point.

TG got the best servers for PR!

/farna

Re: Make the auto-script kick non-Mumble players first?

I don't think it is possible to link the script to mumble

Comment

Disclamer: this post may be worded in a hostile tone it wasn't meant to be that way but I am too lazy to write it again.

Sorry but this is not always the case since I regularly see multiple people on mumble more detrimental to teamwork then actually helping it and that I have no problems working with people not on mumble, team chat is a useful tool.
      I am not making a argument for or against mumble but instead saying that players that have mumble running may not be contributing more then people that do not have it. Plus mumble was not the official communications tool of TG, TS3 was, the last time I checked.
      If people are becoming so bored when playing that they have to resort to this immature behaviour I will give them something to do, call it a project. The project is "appeal a ban". - Wicks

Comment

It's very easy to become a supporting member, you don't even have to do the yearly amount, you can do monthly payment. Remember the money just like if you donate to realitymod.com goes for servers, development etc.

I would just in the mean time keep an eye on how long you are on, if u think u r up at the top of the list when many sm's are on, chances are you are in fact.
        Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
        Level II Volunteer FireFighter
        Level I HazMat Technician
        NYS EMT-B
        Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
        RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
        Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
        Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
        We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

Welcome to TG though!!
          Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
          Level II Volunteer FireFighter
          Level I HazMat Technician
          NYS EMT-B
          Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
          RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
          Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
          Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
          We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

Originally posted by Katanama View Post
            Sorry but this is not always the case since I regularly see multiple people on mumble more detrimental to teamwork then actually helping it and that I have no problems working with people not on mumble, team chat is a useful tool.
            I am not making a argument for or against mumble but instead saying that players that have mumble running may not be contributing more then people that do not have it. Plus mumble was not the official communications tool of TG, TS3 was, the last time I checked.
            Readers of this thread should be glad to find that Katanama has summed up everyone's thoughts in one, great, easy to read post.
            Skud

Comment

Mmmm I'm going to strongly disagree with Katanama. The average non-supporting mumble player is likely be a superior team asset versus the average non-mumble player. The majority of non-supporting mumble players are regulars who don't pay the supporting member fee and your non-mumble non-supporters are a majority of normal, average pubbers that frequent other PR servers, and I think we all know the difference in quality of play on TG vs many other PR servers and I don't believe this differential is caused solely by supporting members.

But even if this is the case it would be too difficult to code for the benefits. The people who would have to code it are also likely supporting members so they have less of an incentive to do so. You'd also take away a strong perk for being a supporting member which would probably lower future increases in SM & TG's income. There just isn't an economical or incentive driven force for something like this to be implemented. Also being kicked for a supporting member can be avoided 95% of the time through prudent planning.

"Inter Arma Enim Silent Leges"

Comment

How can you avoid being kicked for SM through planning ?
                I agree that the chances of a person being a teamplayer go up if they have mumble running.
                I think if you could make a script to do it then great but if you are expecting the admins to constantly cross-check Mumble, I don't think it is a useful way for them to spend time.
                You have to be trusted by the people that you lie to,
                So that when they turn their backs on you,
                You'll get the chance to put the knife in.Pink Floyd "Dogs"

Comment

In short, a respectful "No Way!"
                  It's late here and I've been PM'ing my azz off planning for our upcoming scrim...
                  But if our Game Officer doesn't close this thead you are going to read some very talented forum members shred this idea.
                  That being said, when used properly and with restraint, I feel Mumble is a fantastic comms tool...one of 3 commonly used in our community.

|

Comment

>>End of round.
                    >>Disconnect.
                    >>Reconnect.

I think the term "teamplay" and "teamwork" are so easily tossed around ingame and on the forums that the value is slowly becoming lost. Using an external VOIP program does not make you anymore or any less of a teamplayer than anyone else. Some of the best and brightest at TG don't even use a mic.

In real life...
                    Teamwork is working as a group to accomplish a goal.
                    It seems, in PR...
                    Teamwork is reporting ever single thing over a VOIP program, every unit position, everything you ate in the past 5 days, and what you're wearing.
                    Skud

Comment

farna - thanks for the post but we won't be making changes to how the supporting member script works

enjoy your time playing here with us

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...