Crashing on DragonFly?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crashing on DragonFly?

After I load up the map, It just CTD. Anyone has solutions?

Re: Crashing on DragonFly?

Originally posted by Liquid.Watcher View Post
    After I load up the map, It just CTD. Anyone has solutions?
    I have the same problem, but my rig is ancient. I'm pretty sure it just uses a lot more RAM than your average map.

Comment

try turning your texture settings down? can't really help you if we don't know your hardware etc.

Comment

Need to turn textures to LOW or MEDIUM.

Comment

I've never ever had any performance problems with this map, or any other in fact, until a couple of days ago, when I created a new account. It's got identical settings from the previous one though.

When I loaded up Dragonfly on TG a couple of days ago, the first thing that happened was that I crashed to desktop a few minutes into the game. I then restarted, and came back, and the same thing happened again, but this time I couldn't even load the map all the way. I then restarted a third time, and after turning all my settings down to medium and AA off, I suddenly got massive fps loss, especially when looking towards the center of the map. Has never happened to me before.

I restarted once again on high settings (except textures on med), and tested the map on Deployment local mode. It worked flawlessly, and I've never had a problem since.

I guess it's also worth mentioning that I normally have the highest possible resolution and AA x8 turned on, as well as 100% view distance.
          In-game nick: [FSG]Oskar Xfire: wrestlersesf

Comment

the lsd grass on lashkar can also be fixed this way. i had the same ctds when loading dragon fly on high settings, but it suddenly went away and i can load it fine on high now.

Comment

Well it wasn't a issue before i upgrade to Windows 7. All a sudden i have problem loading up to that map, I tried lowering my video settings but no progress yet. Anyone thinks its the Windows?

Comment

You know the map is awful when even your computer is revolting against you.

Try running pr.exe in Windows XP SP2 computability mode.

"Inter Arma Enim Silent Leges"

Comment

As alpha said, it's most likely a memory issue. Some of these tips might help you solve this problem:
                  • delete the contents of the cache folder at \Users\***\Documents\Battlefield 2\mods\bf2\cache\
                  • Turn off all unnecessary background applications before playing.
                  • Increase the size of the virtual memory (swap file) and put it on your fastest non-system drive.
                  • defragmenting the HDD using a 3rd party app, i suggest UltimateDefrag from DiskTrix, you can select files or folders to be placed on the outer edge of your drive, making them faster to acces.
                  • reinstalling Bf2 and PR, running all installers in administrator mode.
                  • buying more RAM
                  sigpic

Comment

just so you know lads, we are working on making the map a little easier on your systems. be patient, we've already made some progress.

Comment

Originally posted by Rudd_medicman View Post
                      just so you know lads, we are working on making the map a little easier on your systems. be patient, we've already made some progress.
                      Does that mean you're shipping us all some more RAM? YAY! Just let me know where to send that shipping address... :P

Seriously though, the main problem I have right now is hardware. I'm building a new PC in a few weeks to fix the problem, but in the meantime I had to downgrade my motherboard and use old hardware to get it running. I'm amazed it even runs PR at all.

I use a lot of virtual memory in the meantime, and when I load up this map my hard drive light is solid for as long as I care to let it run. I think this is a combination of map loading and fake RAM usage, which literally hangs my machine up so much that PB ends up kicking me for a communication failure after I hit join game.

It seems like my machine would eventually load this map and let me play if it wasn't for the PB comm failure. In fact I have managed to get it started one time, and once it was loaded it played fine (after a few minutes of stutter).

Comment

Thanks a bunch of oats for the replies guys! I'll keep informed on how it goes.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X