Interest in CnC?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interest in CnC?

Having never played it, I am interested in trying a CnC game mode. I missed FDN's, though at their peak they said they only hit 16 players. As a refresher, I stole ender's description of CnC:

- Each team must build 1 FoB
    - Each team must hunt the other team's FoB
    - If/when your team's FoB is destroyed, your team will suffer a ticket bleed
    - Ticket bleed speed is affected by how close the other team places their FoB to the center of the map
    So maybe if others are interested this could come up in a password night at some point? Or maybe I'm too new, and there's a reason why no one places this game mode?

Re: Interest in CnC?

Hmmm I remember playing CnC one night on Quinling on TG, it was over in 10, 20 minutes because the other team built more FOBs than us faster, so we bled out.

Comment

We do run it, they req a CO and a lot of coordination so we normally reserve it for PW night
      doYouEvenLuftwaffe

Comment

I don't mind it at all, but my god is it horrible to defend one on an open map like Qinling of Kashan. If we do have another one I hope that it's not on a map with CAS.

Comment

Yamalia seems to be the best option for CnC. I've only played it on Yamalia and that was an amazing round.

Silent Eagle would be neat to try it out on. The view distance is lower and there is plenty of cover to protect against CAS. I'd love to see a CnC pick em night.

Comment

I've played CnC on both Kashan, Yamalia and Silent Eagle. The latter two were definitely more suitable, especially Yamalia.

I'd love to get an event going with some team coordination before hand.
            In-game nick: [FSG]Oskar Xfire: wrestlersesf

Comment

Yamalia was a PW night once on CnC, was very good.

Requires a lot of teamwork and a CO as mentioned before. But can be a very satisfying gamemode.
              AnimalMother
              Ex TG-31st LR
              "Is it the 31st policy to have hott women as their avatars? Because if so that's a pretty baddass policy." - Pvt. brokeback
              sigpic

Arte et Marte

Comment

I like diggin' stuff so I'm in.
                What about a Fool's Road or Kozelsk ?
                You have to be trusted by the people that you lie to,
                So that when they turn their backs on you,
                You'll get the chance to put the knife in.Pink Floyd "Dogs"

Comment

I believe that CnC is only available on a limited number of maps. Those might be out.

The 189th Infantry Brigade: Taking the 'the' out of psychotherapist since 2010.

XFire: mrthomasking

Comment

I would love to see CnC on a city map, like muttrah, beirut or dragon fly.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TomKing View Post
                      I believe that CnC is only available on a limited number of maps. Those might be out.
                      Quinling
                      Kashan
                      Silent Eagle
                      Yamalia

|

Comment

Originally posted by Buflak View Post
                        I would love to see CnC on a city map, like muttrah, beirut or dragon fly.
                        Me too! The ones available right now don't include too many urban areas to fight in.

| |

Comment

Beirut would be flippin awesome.

The 189th Infantry Brigade: Taking the 'the' out of psychotherapist since 2010.

XFire: mrthomasking

Comment

I seem to remember playing CnC on Fool's Road...

As with any given round in PR, CnC can be fun, but it is more free-form, maybe a little bit slower (because you have to discover where the enemy is versus having an icon on the map), but it is still a bunch of fun.

Comment

Ive personaly not played this mode, However if the level of competition is the same as the last two PW nights I've participated in it sounds like it would be a helluva lot of fun. it would force a lot more TEAM strategy... armor and infantry having to support each other. I hope we can make this happen. Just my 2 cents :)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X