Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Password Sunday featuring a special surprise.....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Password Sunday featuring a special surprise.....

Password day today. I'll try to start it around 1pm CDT (I think that is like 1900 GMT).

Here's a few hints of the surprise we'll be running today:

Burning Sands (BETA)

Originally posted by Rudd_medicman
    Hello Tactical Gamer Community,

TG is known far and wide as one of the best PR servers currently running, thats not only because the players are nice guys who want to play together in the best spirit of Project reality; but also because there are a great many TG go-ers who are willing to put others before themselves, to put the team or community before themselves. To reward the players for making my personal PR experience as fun as I could hope, and to say thank you to the TG admin staff I present you with Burning Sands. Burning Sands is a 4k desert city map, inspiration came from two towns in Saudi Arabia as well as a couple of old PR maps (Ejod and kufrah). I have spent many hours working on this map and I hope you enjoy it. Please post any bugs up so that I can fix them. This is still a beta as there are known bugs, however they shouldn't interfere with your playtime :)

Again, I hope you enjoy this as much as I have enjoyed frequenting the TG server.

Live Long And Prosper

Just enough of a tease, don't you think?

We will be play-testing Burning Sands for [R-DEV]Rudd today and probably next weekend as well in an effort to help him complete the map in time for the next release of PR. If you haven't seen it yet, think of Kashan Desert combined with EJOD. There are lots of great places for asset fights and plenty - PLENTY - of places for the infantry as well. It looks like a fantastic map!!!

CLIENT DOWNLOAD LINK

To Install:
    • Download client install
    • Unzip "Burning_Sands" folder and all of it's contents to \Battlefield 2\mods\pr\levels
    • Wipe tears of joy away, connect and profit

Have fun today guys. Password will be up in the rules post as usual.

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Re: Password Sunday featuring a special surprise.....

are we going to be doing like we did last PW night and play the map twice so we rotate teams? pretty please.

"All of you stay frickin high speed. All you stay on your frickin primaries and frickin slay bodies all day long. Good to go" -Combat Ninja lol

Comment

this is nice:)

Comment

<3 love!

Comment

I would love playing it more then twice, as you can really get a feel of the map with assets or as infantry
          sigpic

Any problem on Earth can be solved with the careful application of high explosives.

Comment

I might have to get some shooting time in this one!!! Looks cool from the pics, thanks for the opportunity to test this map.

"TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population....Tactical Gamer is not mainstream. We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers" ~ Apophis

Comment

Originally posted by daveyjonesjr View Post
              I would love playing it more then twice, as you can really get a feel of the map with assets or as infantry
              i was starting with a small request, baby steps lol

"All of you stay frickin high speed. All you stay on your frickin primaries and frickin slay bodies all day long. Good to go" -Combat Ninja lol

Comment

That new map smell, i love it :)
                And as other have said, please play it at least twice, like we did with jabal2 on the last pw event.
                sigpic

Comment

can do
                  doYouEvenLuftwaffe

Comment

wonderful, thanks rudd and dispo. I worry about filling up quickly though... as this is something of a surprise. 34 DLs of the map so far.
                    Stay together, communicate, don't give up.

sigpic

Comment

do i need to download 4shared desktop thing to download it? the link doesn't seem to work for me :/

Comment

no, the site is slow and you have to wait for a timer to count down before it lets you click.

Comment

And after that, it's still incredibly slow giving you only a maximum of about 125kb/s... ought to find a different host for these kind of things next time!

Comment

can someone upload this to filefront or get another mirror when i download it, i find this error C:\Users\Foxxy\AppData\Local\Temp\PkX3giyl.rar.par t could not be saved, because the source file could not be read.

I am the Infantry FOLLOW ME!!!

Comment

this still running?
                              AnimalMother
                              Ex TG-31st LR
                              "Is it the 31st policy to have hott women as their avatars? Because if so that's a pretty baddass policy." - Pvt. brokeback
                              sigpic

Arte et Marte

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...