[AAR] Aug 2010 Burning Sands Beta Test - Bugs and Feedback

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [AAR] Aug 2010 Burning Sands Beta Test - Bugs and Feedback

First of all i love the map, a mix of my favorites and a very exciting combined arms battle. Lot of new possibilities and tactics for vehicles and a huge city to fight in for infantry.

Bugs:
    • Second flag was uncappable for both teams.
    • Kits couldn't be requested from the suply depos at both main.
    • Two of the mec helipads at main are out of the "playing area" unlinking mumble when going close.

Feedback

The map looks awesome, though some more "rubbish" would be nice to give it a used feel. Like the crash scenes on the highway, something random that brakes the desert scenery and provides cover.

The lake is a very nice touch but i think the vegetation should reach out further away. Also what feeds the lake? I don't remember any rivers or creeks.

As for gameplay based on the 64 layer, transport and logistics seems to be a vital and somewhat missed point. For a map of this size there aren't enough transport and supply vehicles, it's a real pain to get FOs up and move the infantry around. Some light vehicles like landrovers and unarmed brdms could solve this.
    And engy cars, bikes and quads. Please :)
    sigpic

Re: [AAR] Aug 2010 Burning Sands Beta Test - Bugs and Feedback

It seemed like it there was way too much room, like the 1 and 8 column could be cut out. It may work out good and make the team actually work together with apc's and helo trans, but man if those things go down there is no way making it across that desert. it would take one SAW set up in the city to block off miles of that city,because of the view distance(which is awesome, dont change that)

Birds birds everywhere, like way too many birds. even walking across the desert it looked like birds were scattering from invisible trees as you got closer to the lumber area.

rovers, or motorcycles would be great.

helos kept unsyncing from mumble.

city was somewhat laggy, but not that bad for me.

i loved the city, very cool to walk through. i wish i had more time to explore it.

"All of you stay frickin high speed. All you stay on your frickin primaries and frickin slay bodies all day long. Good to go" -Combat Ninja lol

Comment

I got less than 15 fps in city. Looking through binocs it would spike up to 40-60 fps.

I had multiple heartbeat failures, and CTD'd once.

Never had this kind of performance issue until this map.
      Skud

Comment

I think you should focus this map more on APCs rather than tanks. The tanks are nice and everything, but mainly the fighting revolves around the city where tanks can't really cover themselves that well. What I mean is that there should be more APCs and less tanks. - Or maybe just one tank per team or something on a 20 min timer.

But it was a good map and it was a shame about the flag bug where we couldn't cap or the other side couldn't cap otherwise I think there would have been a decent full game playing on it.

Don't fight a battle if you don't gain anything by winning.
        Erwin Rommel

Comment

Visual bug with some grass
          Setting: All High 2xAA

Comment

Putting a Tow at the south end of the city prevents ALL movements in the city from east to west for enemy armor within the city. I killed 2 tanks and an AAV with a single TOW emplacement.
            |TG-6th|SirNerd

My Resume includes Pirate, Mercenary, and a Devil Dog, what else do you want.

Pain is Inevitable, Suffering is Optional.

When you can't run anymore, you crawl and when you can't do that, you find someone to carry you.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthPlum View Post
              Or maybe just one tank per team or something on a 20 min timer.
              Or maybe epic armor battles in the desert with the current 7 tanks engaging each other on the move. When fighting in the city as infantry, i would want to use gun brdms and the Panthers.
              There is plenty of room, so give us plenty of assets to play with. Big scale combined arms maps are the way to go.
              Vehicle warfare mode will also be an obvious win on this map
              sigpic

Comment

I some parts of the city i was getting horrible FPS, and in others it was like any other map. The grass/vegetation at the north end was especially bad for me.

Also some of the models and buildings dont fit together properly and make things look really weaird so that needs some touching up but overall looks like a great map although I didn't get much play time.
                |TG-69th|chrisweb89

Comment

As I only had a chance to fly, I can only concur with low fps when viewing city, and what I believe was a memory associated CTD upon map change (something that only happens on DragonFly for me).

Other than that I loved the time I had on it. I'd love to have another go at it next weekend if the flags can be fixed by then.

(Don't listen to the haters, the open desert is sexy! It helps to distinguish this map from others... though maybe a couple knolls to 'hull/turret down' would be nice for Tank combat)

Comment

The city layout is the only thing that slightly bothers me. With all of the roads being straight-edged, it looks as if the city was formed from a game of Tetris. I also wish there were more gaps in between buildings. As it stands, you tend to get funneled into kill-zones while running around the city.

Please do not feel insulted or take this as negative criticism as it is only a small gripe in my opinion. I had a ton of fun playing on this map for the short amount of time it was hosted. It is beautiful and I believe it's going to be many people's favorite.
                    CR8Z: "No, I've not been good, but as an American, I'm entitled to everything I want."

Comment

I had a CTD problem three times on the map within the space of thirty minutes of playing. Setting the textures to medium seemed to help but I haven't had to do that for a long time (I'm running on 4Gb of RAM). I didn't notice any FPS issues.

Comment

extreme lag in city comparable to other maps like lushkur and falluja when they were first released.
                        Stay together, communicate, don't give up.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sir-Nerd View Post
                          Putting a Tow at the south end of the city prevents ALL movements in the city from east to west for enemy armor within the city. I killed 2 tanks and an AAV with a single TOW emplacement.

Comment

Beautiful map!!!!!

Bugs:
                            • BF2 Memory error every time loading this map when changing from another map. Was able to load in fine when BF2/PR was restarted and this was the first map loaded. Textures were already set to Medium, but this might be a settings issue on my end.
                            • Unable to request kits from MEC Vehicle Depot in main. I asked the British team if they could request kits from theirs and they said they could. This should be tested again on both sides.
                            • AAS not working. First flag that is under dispute is unable to be capped by either team. We played the map twice, once on 64 AAS and again on 32 AAS, same results.

Overall a fantastic map! I would like to disagree with some of the other responses regarding the grid network of streets and the difficultly of getting armor into the city. I think this was the intent of the map. The city is supposed to be somewhat safe from armor to give the infantry a chance to shine. This promotes teamwork and coordination of assets, probably a little more than a map such as Kashan, where armor can take the high ground and dominate the bunker complex, forcing the infantry to hide in the bunkers. There is plenty of opportunity for armor vs armor battles outside the city. APC transport appears to be critical on this map, so MECH-INF combined squads would work very well here. The variety of areas to fight over and the fact that there is no high ground makes the infantry squads vital to the success of a team.

I'm excited to see how this map will play out when it is finally released! Of all of the game modes I'm most excited to try to on this map, I'm thinking that CnC might truly work well on this map...

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Comment

Thank you again Rudd for this beautiful map !
                              I look at this as Dispo does, when the bugs are worked out we should have great fun developing tactics for map. Very cool stuff :)

|

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X