ok what do I need

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ok what do I need

I have BF2, what do I need to do to play this game? What version does everyone play? is it as fun as BF2? or is it 2 hours of gameplay for 2 shots fired? can someone give me an honest review and not a fanboy review?
    "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Re: ok what do I need

I would suggest reading some AAR's

"TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population....Tactical Gamer is not mainstream. We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers" ~ Apophis

Comment

what you need is project reality core and map files found here Remember do not the upgrade files instead the full install files. You need to install these. After this you can play PR and then if you want you can install mumble but I am not going to explain what that is...

As for the gameplay it varies alot sometimes you spend two hours in constant firefights and sometimes you don't see an enemy for hours... These are of course the extremes and both of them happen rarely. The way a game will usually play out is you have the initial deployment phase where people cap their back flags and then there will be one or two contested flags that are the focus of the fighting. The fighting over these flags is usually a lot of manoeuvring to get an advantage on the enemy and then get in a position where you have the advantage and then there will be a few minutes of action. This is then repeated but when manoeuvring you also encounter enemies and you move off to attack other targets then your primary and so on. So I would say on a normal round you will spend around have the time fighting and the other half manoeuvring.
      If people are becoming so bored when playing that they have to resort to this immature behaviour I will give them something to do, call it a project. The project is "appeal a ban". - Wicks

Comment

Step #1: Read the stickies in this forum. In them, you will find several threads of interest and great importance:

Other threads of interest

A quick search of our forums would reveal a lot of information and answers to your question.

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Comment

ok another question then, is anyone running this on win 7 pro 64? Reason I ask is the disks for BF2 would not load on my new pc, I had to do a manual install per EA's website. Just wondering if this is win 7 64 friendly
          "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

Yes, I am running PR on Win 7 x64 and I think that there is a no-cd key now that you will not need the CD to play the game. :)

"TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population....Tactical Gamer is not mainstream. We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers" ~ Apophis

Comment

watch these

http://www.youtube.com/user/muitocomplicado

90% shot at TG, if this doesn't give you the info you need Im not sure anything but playing will.
              doYouEvenLuftwaffe

Comment

Well its gameplay is something between ARMA(or any other Milsim) and battlefield 2.

Comment

Originally posted by venman View Post
                  ok another question then, is anyone running this on win 7 pro 64? Reason I ask is the disks for BF2 would not load on my new pc, I had to do a manual install per EA's website. Just wondering if this is win 7 64 friendly
                  My PR works fine with Win7 64 bit and BF2 without a disk so you are good to go.

Comment

Its a very accessible game, shouldnt be that much bother to try out. Theres plenty of front line fighting but its not instant action there are better games for that

You can play pr like bf2 to be honest, spawn, walk forward then shoot, die, respawn, etc
                    I dont think its the best game for that in fact its bloody irritating at times.

For me the point of pr would be that there is an advantage to not doing the obvious, I only really enjoy pr when some kind of tactic works small or big.
                    Alot of it comes down to coordination

Turn off aero on win 7 and taskbar preview I think. If you have problems try bf2 medium settings

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

Originally posted by venman View Post
                      I have BF2, what do I need to do to play this game? What version does everyone play? is it as fun as BF2? or is it 2 hours of gameplay for 2 shots fired? can someone give me an honest review and not a fanboy review?
                      You need the latest version of BF2 and you need to download the latest client data and current mappack from realitymod.com

Depends on your idea of fun. If you want a fast paced action game, then BF2 is for you. PR can be fast paced, but you also need to enjoy communication with your team, teamwork calling out targets and coordinating things like airstrikes.

As far as fun goes, I feel PR is like football (American soccer), if you are watching an good game, it is the very best sport in the world and nothing compares. If the game is so so, then its yawn and you would have been better off watching an Basketball game or something. There have rounds which played out like great war movies and sheer awesome and there were rounds where after 40 mins of playing I regret having wasted 40 min. so far.

Best thing you can do is log on and see for urself.

Comment

I have to say I'm an addict of the game. Once you learn the in's and outs of the game and how it works you'll get used to how things work.

When you start playing PR you'll probably die a lot if you aren't in a semi-decent squad that is just lone wolfing.

But if you join a good squad and if you are able to listen (i.e. Pay attention) well to the SL then you'll live and enjoy the game much more.

There are times however where you want to murder yourself when you aren't doing so well. But for the most part it is an enjoyable and satisfying experience. ;) (Especially when you rambo and kill a few people)

Don't fight a battle if you don't gain anything by winning.
                        Erwin Rommel

Comment

Originally posted by NorthPlum View Post

There are times however where you want to murder yourself when you aren't doing so well. But for the most part it is an enjoyable and satisfying experience. ;) (Especially when you rambo and kill a few people)
                          ...and then promptly get blasted in the face by some dude who wheels around the corner 2m in front of you and pops off a one-in-a-million shot, then revives his whole squad.

|
                          |

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...