Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

After the Burning Sands Internal scrim (Idea)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After the Burning Sands Internal scrim (Idea)

There's a mod out for Battlefield 2142 that I really like, but haven't played lately because of critically low player counts (which is sad, because with all the work these guys have done they deserve more players). It's called First Strike mod, which is a total conversion to the Star Wars universe with pure focus on conventional army/space navy combat (no jedi or bounty hunter shenanigans). A lot of the developers also worked on Galactic Conquest, the equivalent for BF42. The gameplay design of the mod is VERY teamplay oriented, though a few battlefield arcade elements are retained. I attribute a lot of my success as a PR player to the habits I picked up playing this mod.

They're due to launch a new version on August 28th which will stabilize the mod technically and add more content. I think it would be fun, after the burning sands scrim on the 5th, to go as a group to one of the active First Strike servers (of which there are several, and they have 64 slots) and play a whole bunch of rounds with the TG approach to gameplay applied. It should be a LOT of fun; the mod is absolutely worth the purchase of BF2142 (which is dirt cheap nowadays, and you DON'T need any expansions) and I think it'd be great karma to support other battlefield modders, especially ones of this caliber.

What do you guys think of this idea?

Link to trailer for older version, but it's gives a pretty good taste of the material:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6FAB9JCxtA

Link to website:
    www.fsmod.com
    Whether by air or on land
    foes crumble at my command.

JaFaR Ironclad, at your service.

Re: After the Burning Sands Internal scrim (Idea)

I am a 2142 player before a PR player. I've been wanting to test this out but my FS crashes on opening. Havnt been able to fix the problem so i just deleted it. maybe after the new one comes out ill try it again. see how it goes.

Comment

I have 2142 on my shelf. Played Galactic Conquest alot back in the day so I might install 2142 again and try this mod out. Mods are always better than the original games imo.

Comment

I played galactic conquest alot as well... LOVED that mod.

I dont own BF2142 but the short time I played first strike on a friends PC, I found it not that polished and severely lacking players (highest I saw was 20 players on a server and that was close after release).

I'm hoping it gets popular, I've been waiting for BF2142 to get on steam or go on sale somewhere to pick up for cheap, as I doubt I'll play the vanilla game, it just seems too spammy for me.

Comment

omg im crying from the naustalgia (sp?) right now...speeder bikes, sand troopers, ATAT's...

Galactic Conquest is right up there with PR and Desert Combat as one of my all time favorite games. Infantry combat was especially well done IMO; blasters and blaster rifles were accurate and powerful but settle time was long enough to reward tactics--sound familiar? SOO much better than the fail that was/is star wars battlefront.

If First Strike is like GC in this manner I may have to give it a shot. though i dont have 2142

Comment

Player count is really really low. I remember when their used to be 32 players... even before that thier was 64.... at some point it died out.

I like the game, and the space combat was a lot of fun back when they didn't have lock on missiles (Without CM mind you). However, the player count is just too low for me to bother. I'd love for one day us TG guys go and raid a server ;) Wolf is my favorite... I just have to get my FS mod to work again.

My TIE Int will rape you!

Comment

First Strike Ain't Got Nothing On This Classic

The 189th Infantry Brigade: Taking the 'the' out of psychotherapist since 2010.

XFire: mrthomasking

Comment

@fuzzhead: Do you remember which version it was? They've had quite a few releases in their lifetime.

@TomKing: Hell freaking yes.

@ytman: Such a raid is EXACTLY what I'm proposing we do.

Comment

If 2142 ever comes to Steam, yes I will buy it. I've always wanted the game. Problem is now finding it in stores. I also refuse to use EA's direct download after... Spore.. grrr.

I've been a SW fan my entire life. I really do want to try this mod but 2142 is not all that accessable like BF2 is.
                  Skud

Comment

Originally posted by TheSkudDestroyer View Post
                    If 2142 ever comes to Steam, yes I will buy it. I've always wanted the game. Problem is now finding it in stores. I also refuse to use EA's direct download after... Spore.. grrr.
                    Not that I've ever used Amazon, but: 2142 for $17

Unfortunately for me I don't have 2142 here with me, and I didn't get a chance to sign up for the scrim when it was not packed full and then some.
                    Have fun for me :(

Comment

I'm running the direct downloaded version and have had zero issues.

Celestial: No reason why you can't join us after the scrim's done; there will be a bunch of people that decide not to play for whatever reason.

Any comments from the match coordinator?

Comment

Originally posted by JaFaR Ironclad View Post
                        I'm running the direct downloaded version and have had zero issues.

Celestial: No reason why you can't join us after the scrim's done; there will be a bunch of people that decide not to play for whatever reason.

Any comments from the match coordinator?
                        I'll certainly attempt to be there for the scrim in hopes of getting reserve-picked; problem is though, that my schedule changes monthly so currently and for the next half-week at least I won't know if I'll be available that day due to class. Part of the reason I can't actually sign up for any scrims unless I'm lucky and it's on break or if I do it as a reserve.

And I can't install BF2142 at all; discs are back home.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X