Password Night - Monday, August 23rd - Featuring Burning Sands

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Password Night - Monday, August 23rd - Featuring Burning Sands

Password day today - Monday - August 23rd. I'll try to start it around 6pm CDT (I think that is like 2300 GMT).

Here's a few hints of the surprise we'll be running today:

Burning Sands (BETA)

Originally posted by Rudd_medicman
    Hello Tactical Gamer Community,

TG is known far and wide as one of the best PR servers currently running, thats not only because the players are nice guys who want to play together in the best spirit of Project reality; but also because there are a great many TG go-ers who are willing to put others before themselves, to put the team or community before themselves. To reward the players for making my personal PR experience as fun as I could hope, and to say thank you to the TG admin staff I present you with Burning Sands. Burning Sands is a 4k desert city map, inspiration came from two towns in Saudi Arabia as well as a couple of old PR maps (Ejod and kufrah). I have spent many hours working on this map and I hope you enjoy it. Please post any bugs up so that I can fix them. This is still a beta as there are known bugs, however they shouldn't interfere with your playtime :)

Again, I hope you enjoy this as much as I have enjoyed frequenting the TG server.

Live Long And Prosper

Just enough of a tease, don't you think?

We will be play-testing Burning Sands for [R-DEV]Rudd today and probably next weekend as well in an effort to help him complete the map in time for the next release of PR. If you haven't seen it yet, think of Kashan Desert combined with EJOD. There are lots of great places for asset fights and plenty - PLENTY - of places for the infantry as well. It looks like a fantastic map!!!

CLIENT DOWNLOAD LINK

To Install:
    • Download client install
    • Unzip "Burning_Sands" folder and all of it's contents to \Battlefield 2\mods\pr\levels
    • Wipe tears of joy away, connect and profit

Have fun today guys. Password will be up in the rules post as usual.
    Last edited by disposableHero; 08-23-2010, 06:17 PM.

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Re: Password Sunday featuring a special surprise.....

Unfortunately admin coverage is a bit of an issue today.

We will have coverage tomorrow evening, though. Sorry to our euro friends, but sometimes things just don't work out.

Password night will be run on Monday, August 23rd. We will feature Burning Sands exclusively (well, maybe a few other maps, too).

Client Patch - Burning Sands

4shared.com

megaupload.com

Both links are to a 4MB .exe patch - just download it and run it. It fixes the AAS problems we had on the map last weekend.

We hope to get the show started somewhere around 6-7pm CST tomorrow. Be there!!

Comment

Re: Password Night - Monday, August 23rd - Featuring Burning Sands

If you don't already have the map, use the link in the first post. Follow the simple instructions to load the map onto your machine.

If you already have the map or you've just installed it, use one of the two links in the second post to install the patch. The patch is a .exe and is easy to install. You will need the patch to play tonight.

The server password can be found at the bottom of this post. Click it, read all of the rules, read what our expectations are of you during password night, log in and have fun!

Comment

bump! see you all there! hoping for some epic inf combat.
        Stay together, communicate, don't give up.

sigpic

Comment

Not just me having an issue with the installer...

wont work

Comment

I finally got the installer to work and kept having PR crash a minute or so into the game.

A good leader requires both character and strategy. If he is to be without one, let it be strategy. - General Rick Hilliar, Former Canadian Chief of Defence

Comment

got the map installed and patch installed and still cant get the map to work, it loads to 100% and then crashes to desktop, HELP!
              "No Mission To Difficult, No Sacrafice To Great, Duty First!" 1st Marine Division[SIGPIC]
              sigpic

Comment

Yeah, im having the same problem.
                AMD Phenom II 3.0
                nvidia 9500GT 1gb
                4gb ram DDR3
                -oG.WarrioR-

|?|

Comment

Not to be a negative nancy, but same issue here. I managed to run the "constantly refresh for 61/64 and then type the password in master GWAM fashion" gauntlet multiple times trying different combinations of fixes (such as lowering texture quality, and doing a fresh install of the map) and it wont work. I don't feel like trying anymore but hopefully if someone figures it out before the night ends they'll post it here.

Comment

Mine doesnt even work at all. I extract to the levels folder, and everything is where it should be, and it still says I dont have the map when I connect.
                    sigpic

Comment

me either, so its not just me here.... well, mine just loaded the map all the way and when it says loading complete, it just crash..... Help.! id love to play this map

Comment

Loads 100%, then the tears begin. CTD every time. See you guys tomorrow.

Comment

BTW, Last version worked for me, i tried the patch, and the fresh install. no dice.

Comment

I'm having the same problem.
                            What windows are people running, and are they playing through steam.
                            Problem may lie there.

Comment

exact same thing for me too, I'm running Windows XP Pro and not playing through Steam
                              didn't try the first version like minus the patch but ive installed as per all instructions and such cant run it locally either

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X