Mortars

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mortars

Has there ever been or has there been discussion about having mortar teams actually on the map? I know that the maps are probably not large enough to support it, but it nevertheless would be cool to have in some situations. I was thinking a truck-borne 2 or 3 man mortar team.

I would think the ARMA maps would be large enough for that.
    sigpic

Re: Mortars

It looks like it might be a deployable around FOBs.

http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f388...m252-81mm.html

Comment

That is going to be so sweet when they add it.
      I am going to be a total mortar whore.
      BTW what kind of mileage do you think that lil buggy gets ?
      You have to be trusted by the people that you lie to,
      So that when they turn their backs on you,
      You'll get the chance to put the knife in.Pink Floyd "Dogs"

Comment

I believe it says in the thread...
        The max and min angles of the weapon to be 88.4 and 45 degrees. To be scaled properly for PR maps the maximum range for the weapon will be 1500 meters with a travel time of ~14 seconds while the minimum range will be 83 meters with a travel time of ~20 seconds
        People saying they're gonna be OP might be wrong on the fact that you have to guess relative elevation, is it moving, and the reload times etc. should help balance them out. Will be nice to see these rounds just flying all over the map, haha. *thinks a beachhead assault as the USMC, rolling onto the beach in AAV7s, mortars slamming into the ground every around..*
        Blackpython / ZephyrDark
        Former 31st RECCE Member

Comment

mortars won't work on anything but static positions, which is great, should help assaults and swing the favor away from the guy sitting there waiting for you to come around the corner.
          Stay together, communicate, don't give up.

sigpic

Comment

Can't wait for these babies to be added!

Comment

I like mortars a lot, would certainly want to see them implemented into the game. BUT I think it will be used in a spamming way. The biggest challenge is to implement the mortar in such a way that it cannot be used to spam positions.

So imo it would be good to:
              *Have one/two mortars per team
              *Make it like artillery/area attack, you can use it for a certain time then it has to be reloaded
              *It has to be operated by 2/3 soldiers.

Should be kick-ass good!
              Sap

Comment

Originally posted by sapientiea View Post
                I like mortars a lot, would certainly want to see them implemented into the game. BUT I think it will be used in a spamming way. The biggest challenge is to implement the mortar in such a way that it cannot be used to spam positions.

*Make it like artillery/area attack, you can use it for a certain time then it has to be reloaded

Should be kick-ass good!
                Sap
                They are used in a spammy way irl though. Maybe it can be adopted with a rate of fire.

Comment

Originally posted by sapientiea View Post

It's going to be a deployable asset off of FOs. I would figure that there would be one or two available at a time.

If the enemy doesn't know where you are, you're not going to be mortared successfully anytime soon.
                  If the enemy does know where you are, move, and get into cover. You have at 14 to 20 seconds to move and get into cover before a shell lands. And that requires the enemy to spot you, relay your position, for a mortar team to be available, for the mortar team to be ready.

Foxholes are going to be your bestest friend. :)
                  Last edited by Celestial1; 08-24-2010, 10:59 AM.

Comment

I was hoping they would appear in future games / PR. It would be a coordination issue, but it would be good fun.
                    sigpic

Comment

About mortars in PR, I think that is a great add. The battles will happen arround the FOB's more often now.

Comment

I think that you should have to choose: One mortar or one TOW, and up the limit to three or four per map.

Comment

Now we just need a area attack which consists of carpet bombing and my thirst for animated bf2 player death and blood will almost be quenched.
                          Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
                          Level II Volunteer FireFighter
                          Level I HazMat Technician
                          NYS EMT-B
                          Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
                          RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
                          Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
                          Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
                          We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

i cant wait to play with motors. great opportunity for team work and blowing things up.

"All of you stay frickin high speed. All you stay on your frickin primaries and frickin slay bodies all day long. Good to go" -Combat Ninja lol

Comment

I can just smell the teamkills coming like rain in the fall.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X