VIDEO: Beruit with the 189th 28/08/2010

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VIDEO: Beruit with the 189th 28/08/2010

Another test of Fraps in PR, running with the 189th.

SL was 189th-TMan. T-Man performed very well as a squad leader.

T-Man, note the saturation in your voice (it is set to hot).

The 189th is clearly a very disciplined IHS.

The video below is an unedited excerpt of various moments. Still getting used to fraps.

The main technical issue I am facing with fraps is its failure to record my own in-game voice. This, if I recall correctly, was also a problem three years ago.

If I cannot correct this issue my virtual videography plans will be severely curtailed as I will not be able to do in-game interviews and full feature documentaries.

(Best viewed in HD)
    sigpic

Re: VIDEO: Beruit with the 189th 28/08/2010

Originally posted by E-Male View Post
    The main technical issue I am facing with fraps is its failure to record my own in-game voice. This, if I recall correctly, was also a problem three years ago.
    Try playing around with the audio device and audio mixer settings in xfire video options.
    sigpic

Comment

If I cannot correct this issue my virtual videography plans will be severely curtailed as I will not be able to do in-game interviews and full feature documentaries.
      I'd suggest, if no one tells you directly through this thread or PM, to either post in our Tech support forum, or the realitymod.com tech support forums. I know that you'll find a few answers to help fix your problems.

Nice video. One thing I noticed though is that you're running out of sprint a lot; your full sprint bar will allow you to sprint 150m straight (exactly 150-no more, no less). It takes 300m of walking straight for this to regenerate-2x as long in regards to distance, but 4x as long in regards to time. Just be careful that you don't run low trying to keep up with your SL, only to find that you need it when you start getting shot at.

Comment

Im enjoying the vids!!

"TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population....Tactical Gamer is not mainstream. We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers" ~ Apophis

Comment

If you look at your fraps movies settings, there should be one that says "record external input". If you enable that, it should record anything you say through your mic as well.
          Semper Fi, Marines.

Comment

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/video-p...e-effects.html

Comment

to record all sounds, including your voice, follow link in Kevlarorc's quote above

also, see if you can play in widescreen, so fraps records in widescreen and youtube plays widescreen, instead of the 4:3 aspect at the moment
              try this
              on your desktop game icon right click and add to target the screen re you want to play at
              eg for 2142 i add the below for me
              "C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\Battlefield 2142\BF2142Launcher.exe" +menu 1 +fullscreen 1 +szx 1440 +szy 900
              or is there a better way to get true widescreen ? (prompt to other forum readers)
              was there some kinda +widescreen command to add to BF2 target line ? (I seem to remember)

Comment

I played this round for 3 hours and 50 mins. Was pretty good round though.

Does anyone know if fraps can record your voice toggled by a button (e.g. the button you would use for voip in-game)

Comment

Originally posted by LudacrisKill View Post
                  I played this round for 3 hours and 50 mins. Was pretty good round though.

Does anyone know if fraps can record your voice toggled by a button (e.g. the button you would use for voip in-game)
                  There is a method here
                  (I have not personally verifies it works)

Comment

E-male, great vids so far...

If you wanna see a step by step video instructions on getting good PR videos onto youtube, check dbzao's 2 part series:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BT4q80YL__k&hd=1

Comment

Awesome vids E-male. Another suggestion in regards to running is to do it only when you really need to Example in beirut, running across open area or upstairs if you know the building is clear).

Even though I wound players more than I kill, the X-FI SB Soundcard enables you to hear troops running very clearly especially if you are setting up an ambush. I swear I have heard the sounds of boots hitting the cobblestone streets, but on maps like Kashan and wooded maps you can hear the boots trekking along the sand, dirt, and grass very well. Many times I hear the enemy approaching and end up getting the bejeezus scared out of me when they run up right in front of me.
                      Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
                      Level II Volunteer FireFighter
                      Level I HazMat Technician
                      NYS EMT-B
                      Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
                      RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
                      Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
                      Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
                      We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

Thank you for all the positive feedback and the suggestions. I now have my voice recording in PR via fraps. I think a sound card is in order as I cannot have two speakers inputs plus headset/mic (not that I need all four speakers running). I need to keep the volume down very low but clear to save my ears, so I wonder if a high fidelity sound card would be the answer.

I'll pick up this question in the hardware forum.
                        sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X