Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ever see anything you use or see in Project Reality in real life?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ever see anything you use or see in Project Reality in real life?

In modern Russia you don't drive to work, BTR drives you.

Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
    Level II Volunteer FireFighter
    Level I HazMat Technician
    NYS EMT-B
    Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
    RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
    Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
    Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
    We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Re: Ever see anything you use or see in Project Reality in reali life?

i was mechanic in the army.

leopard 2s as well but they're not in pr obviously.

Comment

(In response to Gore) Actually they do have Leopard 2s in PR, not in any normal map, but they're in Yamalia - Vehicle Warfare for the Canadians.

In response to the topic, sadly... no, not yet at least.
      Blackpython / ZephyrDark
      Former 31st RECCE Member

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by ZephyrDark View Post
          (In response to Gore) Actually they do have Leopard 2s in PR, not in any normal map, but they're in Yamalia - Vehicle Warfare for the Canadians.

In response to the topic, sadly... no, not yet at least.
          oh yeah thats right, forgot that.

Comment

i've seen my skill level, in myself.

Comment

M-4 variants and M249, AKs, the GLLD (there's about five different versions, I've used all of them but the SOFLAM<sp>), Bradleys, Humvees, .50 cal, called in Arty, mortars and JDAMs, used the Clu on a Javelin but I've never shot one (the Clus are good observation tools... as you can tell from the game, and I could be spelling Clu wrong but I don't think it's Clue).

Been in an M1A2 (not as a crew member but I needed a ride to a meeting and I was in a Light Infantry company at the time), M113, Blackhawk, Huey (back when I was in the guard). Chinooks.

I can't think of anything else. And regardless of all that experience I still suck at the game, go figure.

Comment

Had a Chinook fly over my house and it sounded amazing. Very unique sound to it and massively loud compared to any normal helicopter or plane since most with any power wouldnt be as low as it flew.

Nothing I see on youtube has a proper sound on it for me to post, but massive bass on these things :)

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

i see my aimpoint whenever i go shooting. i see cammies in pr and remember how nice it is to not wear them anymore, not that they arent comfy, they are like adult pajamas.

"All of you stay frickin high speed. All you stay on your frickin primaries and frickin slay bodies all day long. Good to go" -Combat Ninja lol

Comment

At this house, I regularly get to see Blackhawks, Hueys and Cobras, but we get the occasional F18, Harriers. The Cobras really shake things up right before their over the top of the house with that chop. It sounds awesome!

I don't know what it was, but one night while walking the dog, I saw two civilian looking helicopters fly over head lower than I normally see them and one of them had its running lights switched off. It was very suspicious looking.

Comment

I see soldiers every day. I have an office full of them.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ankyle62 View Post
                        i see my aimpoint whenever i go shooting. i see cammies in pr and remember how nice it is to not wear them anymore, not that they arent comfy, they are like adult pajamas.
                        Navy if I recall, correct?

AF BDU was very uncomfortable because of the starching. It felt like wearing a shell. Although unit patches and such were nice, and you really cannot beat the professional look of a well pressed sleeve and rank.
                        AF ABU was pretty comfortable, but was pretty thick, so it wasn't comfortable in summer months. And it wasn't until last July that lightweight ABU material was added to the AFI 36-2903.

Here is the ABU...

Plus, let's get real here: The ABU looks like crap - and it doesn't do much for us in deployed zones. I believe both the Army and now AF (for certain AFSC's) are using the new Army developed Afghanistan camo for deployments...

thank God too, it's much more effective IMO. Hopefully we'll see this skinned in PR's future.

-----------------------

Things I see and use in RL that I see in PR:

I still have my older generic boots, but I wear my Mauraders a bit. They're really, REALLY, good. The heel is a bit stiff, but they are very sharp looking...

This is my CRKT M16-12M Knife that has served me faithfully for 2+ years... Not exactly in PR but most have proper utility knives.

I have a father-to-son KABAR that my old man recently gave me. He got it when he was a teenager from his father. It's Japanese made, and pretty low quality to a brand name KABAR... My dad used it as his reliable/practice throwing knife. It's more beat up than the one in this picture, but you get the idea... (Also mine has a serrated edge on the opposite side for cutting rope). Believe it or not, I'm actually alright with throwing knives and pretty proficient with tomahawks. :)

Believe it or not, the USAF issues people Oakleys prior to a deployment. At least, they did at my squadron. I bought mine on discount, though. They're similar to this... And they really are reliable. They've taken a bit of abuse so far...

This me and my old man's baby, Springfield M1A, standard. No frills. By the way, don't tell anyone about our pre-ban magazines ;)

Skud

Comment

I got to go for a spin in a huey when i visited a RCAF base a few years ago. I also got to go in a flight simulator that they had, needless to say i crashed. It wasnt exactly WASD and mouse. Still considering joining the RCAF and doing something aircraft related. (Mechanic im figuring) I also got to go inside a LAV, which was pretty badass! They wouldnt let me shoot the cannon or drive it though...
                          sigpic

Do you really want invincible bears running around raping your churches and burning your women?

Intel i7 3930k @ 4.4ghz, 8gb RAM, 2x GTX 570 1gb, OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig SSD

Comment

Originally posted by GoreZiad View Post
                            i was mechanic in the army.

fixed.

Comment

The 189th Infantry Brigade: Taking the 'the' out of psychotherapist since 2010.

XFire: mrthomasking

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X