Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ever see anything you use or see in Project Reality in real life?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ever see anything you use or see in Project Reality in reali life?

Originally posted by TheSkudDestroyer View Post
    Navy if I recall, correct?

AF BDU was very uncomfortable because of the starching. It felt like wearing a shell. Although unit patches and such were nice, and you really cannot beat the professional look of a well pressed sleeve and rank.
    AF ABU was pretty comfortable, but was pretty thick, so it wasn't comfortable in summer months. And it wasn't until last July that lightweight ABU material was added to the AFI 36-2903.
    ]
    nah, mainres. we arent allowed to starch our cammies, you will show up nice and bright under IR if you do. the old school cammies were a different story, you were expected to starch the crap out of them and shine your boots, i would have hated life.

"All of you stay frickin high speed. All you stay on your frickin primaries and frickin slay bodies all day long. Good to go" -Combat Ninja lol

Comment

Originally posted by CR8Z View Post
      At this house, I regularly get to see Blackhawks, Hueys and Cobras, but we get the occasional F18, Harriers. The Cobras really shake things up right before their over the top of the house with that chop. It sounds awesome!

I don't know what it was, but one night while walking the dog, I saw two civilian looking helicopters fly over head lower than I normally see them and one of them had its running lights switched off. It was very suspicious looking.
      CR8Z do you live near the Mexican border? You might have seen 2 blackhawks or Hueys with the Customs Border Patrol . many times they go lights out during night time training ops and regular patrols. - I'm not affiliated with either, just something I have seen routinely while watching the show that is on one of the National Geographic HD Channels which focuses on Custom and Border Patrol officers/agents.

*Last week I saw two MTA ESU officers sporting the MP5 while standing outside Grand Central Terminal. However I decided not to take a picture due to not wanting to get royally beat down and then arrested and screwing up my chances while I'm on the wait-list for the NYPD.
      Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
      Level II Volunteer FireFighter
      Level I HazMat Technician
      NYS EMT-B
      Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
      RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
      Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
      Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
      We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

I've seen a lot of military aircraft but the one that sticks out the most was driving down the road near my house one summer and spotting a chinook overhead. Shortly after that people began parachuting out and landed at a barn right next to a local airport. We tried to drive by but an MP turned us around :(

Comment

I was on an air and military show recently, and these were the things that made me think about PR instantly

BRDM-2

T-72 with reactive armor

Mig-29

F-16
          sigpic

Comment

Tornados go over my house every day, occasionally chinooks, rarely Eurofighters and once an Apache and a A10 (years ago). (RAF Holbeach is their bombing range)

Comment

Well next week I will get to learn how to use this bad boy. ;)
              |TG-6th|Spaz

"You the people have the power, the power to create machines, the power to create happiness. You the people have the power to make this life free and beautiful, to make this life a wonderful adventure."

Comment

When I go shooting....

Comment

Just got back from Air Force Field Training. Spent two weeks mock-deployed at Camp Shelby and got to see (and even play with) lots of toys: shot M16's, M9's and even got to try the big indoor weapons simulator where they had pneumatically-operated M4's that you shot at a big TV screen, felt like the real thing. The Army was always out there shooting and blowing things up, so a few times we'd fall asleep to stuff exploding in the distance.

We lived in a mock FOB, every day we'd see blackhawk formations flying by nice and low and humvee/MRAP convoys driving by. A few tents down from me were some Army medics, and they'd drive their M113 and park it by where we slept.

Got to try out this baby too, kinda like the commander's HUD in BF2 :D.
                  Last edited by thegreatnardini; 09-02-2010, 02:34 PM. Reason: spelling

I didn't join a squad once and this guy named Nardini took me into the back room and beat me with a sock of oranges.

Comment

I see the occasional Chinook, rarely I'll see a blackhawk. Best thing I've ever seen was a small cessna flying over my house, out of nowhere an F/A-18 hauls ass right into the cessna's flight path and starts circling him, dropping flares. That thing was loooouuuuddd. Turns out it was because Bush was landing at the airport and I guess the cessna pilot wasn't paying attention to his radio so they sent someone to intercept.
                    I do wish the Chinook in PR had a more thumpy, choppy sound at least for the distant sound effect.
                    http://www.soundsnap.com/node/57275

Comment

Sometimes Blackhawks fly along the river in Brisbane for training purposes, apparently to get the pilots better accustomed to urban flying. I see Tigers too but that's not in PR yet.

Damn, I need to go to the United States or somewhere that allows me to be able to fire automatic weapons. All we can do here is certain types of semi-automatic rifles, bolt-action rifles, pistols, shotguns and, believe it or not, small antique cannons.

I'm still wondering whether the commercial version/s of the Austeyr are allowed in Australia. Semi-automatic but probably breaching some sort of rule!

sigpic

Comment

Before they shut it down, I lived next to MCAS El Toro and had ALL KINDS of military aircraft flying overhead. Everything from transports to fighters, both fixed and rotary wing, including Air Force One.

Outside of aircraft, Camp Pendleton is just down the road and if you're driving down I-5 when they are running drills assaulting the beach, you get to see all kinds of cool stuff like Chinooks, LCACS, destroyers, etc.

I also got to go on a dependent's day cruise aboard the USS Ranger before it was decommissioned and got to be on the flight deck while they performed launch and capture operations with F14s, E2 Hawkeyes, Intruders, Sea Stallions, etc. They also strafed the sea of the port side, dropped bombs, rescued swimmers and the best part was an F14 supersonic flyby. To this day, that flyby is one of the most incredible sights and sounds I have ever seen, and I've seen quite a bit. Standing on the deck of an aircraft carrier with multi-ton aircraft pounding the deck, you don't feel a thing. However, an F14 flying just off the deck at about 1000 MPH will just about knock you on your arse!

Comment

Great post cr8z. I bet those helps u saw blacked out were prob doing training missions for Iraq, Afghanistan or CSAR.

My parents have a beach house in westhampton beach LI. There is an AF ANG base at the airport there (it used to be a full blown AFB but was modified after the vietnam war), presently there is a Search and Rescue Unit and CSAR unit there and being able to spend my summers out there I've witnessed really interesting things.

Before Blackhawks were in service we would see Sea Kings and C-130's perform aerial refueling and now occasionally we'll see Blackhawks perform aerial refueling.

If you've read the book A Perfect Storm, the helo unit which sadly was lost at sea was from that AF ANG base.

Last weekend I saw Blackhawks perform some really interesting maneuvers as I got off the highway, seemed that they were practicing CSAR with the way they flew close to the ground and the quickness of the PJ's rappelling out of the helo.

I wanted to just stop and watch but traffic was moving and didn't want to cause am accident.

However there is a book and I can't remember the title but that particular ANG unit completed the worlds longest sea search and rescue event in the late 90's I think off the coast of Maine deep in the Atlantic.

I love the thumping sounds of Military helicopters the heuy especially, it really is an amazing sound which is created as the blades cut thru the air.
                          Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
                          Level II Volunteer FireFighter
                          Level I HazMat Technician
                          NYS EMT-B
                          Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
                          RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
                          Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
                          Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
                          We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

If you ever get the opportunity to see a MAGTF (Marine Air-Ground Task Force) demonstration, definitely check it out. I forgot that I had some pics from last year's MCAS Miramar Air Show (Fightertown USA).

For my money, when you have a couple of angry Cobras over head that are circling above you banked almost 90 degrees to the ground pulling some serious G's, the sound is both terrifying and awesome and worth every penny.

Below are a few pics from the MAGTF. The link will take you to the rest of the air show photos.
                            http://s161.photobucket.com/albums/t...or/Air%20Show/

Comment

Originally posted by Berlancic View Post
                              Sometimes Blackhawks fly along the river in Brisbane for training purposes, apparently to get the pilots better accustomed to urban flying. I see Tigers too but that's not in PR yet.

Damn, I need to go to the United States or somewhere that allows me to be able to fire automatic weapons. All we can do here is certain types of semi-automatic rifles, bolt-action rifles, pistols, shotguns and, believe it or not, small antique cannons.

I'm still wondering whether the commercial version/s of the Austeyr are allowed in Australia. Semi-automatic but probably breaching some sort of rule!
                              I'd imagine you have assault rifle bans.

So yes.
                              Skud
                              Skud Rages at changes to Project Reality

Comment

Originally posted by Spaz View Post

Well next week I will get to learn how to use this bad boy. ;)
                                Sweet! Make sure you wear a bandana so it doesn't get sap in your hair. And what's with the tube on that guy's shoulder?

|
                                |

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                                X