Burning Sands issue

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Burning Sands issue

Well, just a quick question about Burning Sands, and seeing if anyone else has had this happen, but (currently only in local, haven't been able to play on the server yet) whenever I enter an armored vehicle on the brit side(haven't tried MEC, going to after I post this) it CTDs me with no error message. I've flown the chinooks if I remember right with no problem, but I can't use the C2s, Warriors or Scimitar without it CTDing. I've d/l'd the patch and reinstalled the map with a fresh d/l.

Any help will be greatly appreciated as I'm in the scrim coming up and I'd like to stay in it ;)

[EDIT] I have tested the MEC side real quickly, and I was able to enter a BTR-60, but the T-72 crashed me.
    [EDIT2] Also, just noticed that this should probably be in the technical issues forum)
    Blackpython / ZephyrDark
    Former 31st RECCE Member

Re: Burning Sands issue

Zephyr, if you haven't gotten any help on this yet, I would recommend turning all of your graphics settings down to medium or low (especially textures) and see if that helps. Also, go into your task manager and shut down any unnecessary programs.

If you're really feeling adventurous, type "msconfig" into your start bar and shut down some of the non-microsoft processes in the "services" and "startup" tabs. Be careful which ones, but freeing up your memory and processor to handle some of the heavy lifting that PR requires should help some.

Comment

Before you go taking processes out of the startup sequence, how much memory do you have?

|
      |

Comment

thats a rather strange issue...if it was the MAN truck you were getting in I'd know teh problem but as it is I have no idea.

I have done a tonne of optimisations on burning sands as per feedback from you guys, maybe that will fix the issue for you. however I don't have the time to get an .exe together for you guys to get the fixes as well as prepare this map along with other maps for the next PR build (I am the auditor for this release)

I'd recommend turning your settings down for now, and then turning them back up when you play normally, textures and geometries being the big ones.

Comment

Alright, thanks Rudd. I'll test it when I get a chance to.

To Grounded, I've got 4GB(32bit, so like 3.7GB is usable). Only happens on Burning Sands (also had similar issues with Jabal 2, in regards to the LOD0(or whatever the LOD is when you're close to the object) of some buildings not rendering. They'll render at a distance, but will just disappear when you get close.
          Blackpython / ZephyrDark
          Former 31st RECCE Member

Comment

process explorer is a great free DL to see what processes use what and how much they have an effect on your CPU.

Also Mz Ram Booster is a great free program to help optimize your RAM usage etc. (Mz Ram Booster was suggested ont he realitymod.com forums)
            Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
            Level II Volunteer FireFighter
            Level I HazMat Technician
            NYS EMT-B
            Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
            RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
            Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
            Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
            We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

I don't think RAM is the issue... he's got 4 gig and only has problems on this map and one other community map...

|
              |

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...