Great round on Silent Eagle

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great round on Silent Eagle

Great round on silent eagle tonight guys! Teamwork and coordination for the russian team was great! The rush on airfield was great we should do again sometime, I'm just glad that its a legitimate tactic too. GO THUNNERCATS!!!

Re: Great round on Silent Eagle

Yeah I know! Teamwork and Exceptional Communication FTW.

I do believe that was the first Win for the Russians on Silent Eagle. Thanks to the Thunnerca-

Comment

I completely agree. Never before have the Russians attempted this tactic. A new official tactic of Silent Eagle. The consequences of this tactic will NEVER be the same.

Good work Thunnercats!

Comment

I think it showed us a loop hole which will now be filled with cement.

No attacking Neutral Abandoned Airbade without giving the US a fair chance to cap it initially.

Still, expertly done... if cheap... never saw a round over that fast.

Comment

So what happened for those of us that werent there?

Good rounds tonight, though I missed this one.

"All of you stay frickin high speed. All you stay on your frickin primaries and frickin slay bodies all day long. Good to go" -Combat Ninja lol

Comment

This happened a few months ago, a lonely BTR rushed airfield before it was capped. An admin in-game told the crew to back off, saying it was against the rules. While this scenario is not detailed in the rules, i don't consider this a fair or realistic tactic. In my opinion it's definitely against the primer.

Besides, i never understood the point of rushing the enemies first flag. You don't like the map? Fine, go watch a movie or do something else, but please don't ruin it for those who actually want to play it.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Buflak View Post
              Besides, i never understood the point of rushing the enemies first flag. You don't like the map? Fine, go watch a movie or do something else, but please don't ruin it for those who actually want to play it.
              When you have a team that wishes to win and has the ability to do one action that will potentially win the game they will do it. Done a million times over in old Muttrah. Done a thousand times in Iron Ridge's Waste Plant. Done a hundred times in Yamalia. Done quite a bit in Kashan on South Village. Its cheap but its widly accepted as unstoppable tactic at the very least.

This map is an entirely different beast when the ground forces can't be sure to even land at Air Base on time let alone equip troops with proper counter measures.

Comment

Yeah this shouldn't be done.

It is covered in the rules if you read them closely.

No attacking the enemy main base unless AAS says to.

The airfield flag is the US main flag on that map. Russia shouldn't attack it until they have capped all the other flags before it.
                |TG-12th| Namebot

Comment

Originally posted by Ytman View Post
                  I think it showed us a loop hole which will now be filled with cement.

No attacking Neutral Abandoned Airbade without giving the US a fair chance to cap it initially.
                  As Namebot noted the rules already cover it as they don't give an exception for the permanent spawns being active or not. A main base that can no longer be spawned at because the last flag is white doesn't stop being a main base, and the same is true of the opposite. The permanent spawns are still there at the beginning of the round, just inactive.
                  |TG-6th|Snooggums

Just because everyone does something does not mean that it is right to do.

Comment

Not only was it rushed at the beginning of the round, but also when it was actually legitimate to attack the US was only just recovering. The BMP was back at airfield around 10 seconds after the last flag was capped.

That was a stupid round.

Comment

what is the point in over capping anyway?

you guys won an award for this?
                      sigpic

Any problem on Earth can be solved with the careful application of high explosives.

Comment

It has already been stated by 2 admins in this thread: Forward attacking the enemy main base is against the rules.

Consider this the official warning to those involved or who have read this thread without bothering to read or understand our rules. Please refrain from using this tactic going forward.

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Comment

Originally posted by d1sp0sabl3H3r0 View Post
                          It has already been stated by 2 admins in this thread: Forward attacking the enemy main base is against the rules.

Consider this the official warning to those involved or who have read this thread without bothering to read or understand our rules. Please refrain from using this tactic going forward.
                          I was on the Russian team and was NOT in favor of this tactic, it was OK for Clearing but NOT airfield. It is NOT an appropriate tactic on a main base and I did state that the airfield was a main base. But it is NOT against the rules to run out and occupy a flag that is NOT a main base and keep the enemy from capturing it.

Another point being, even if the main base does come into play you are NOT to go in and blow all assets either, which I believe was happening (saw it in all chat).

It was a shame what the Russian team did and it should NOT happen again, it is against the rules which have been stated time and time again (and even clarified time and time) by Dispo.
                          sigpic

OLD GUYS RULE!!!!

Humor is something that thrives between man's aspirations and his limitations. There is more logic in humor than in anything else. Because, you see, humor is truth. Victor Borge

Comment

Originally posted by brettwad View Post
                            Another point being, even if the main base does come into play you are NOT to go in and blow all assets either, which I believe was happening (saw it in all chat).
                            Although the layout if the map and flags is a little poor which causes this problem because of vehicle spawns also being the last flag, but why shouldn't the attacking team be allowed to blow the vehicles up? The vehciles still spawn even when under russian control at the american airbase. Why should the russian team just have to camp those vehicles until an american gets in them surrounded by the enemy team in a hostile zone, when they should just be able to kill them as they spawn so you dont have to worry about them sneaking away as you are battleing other troops at a cappable flag? I'm not trying to say the russians should go to airbase with the sole intent of killing the american vehicles and not capping out, but they shouldn't be forced to let the american vehicles sit there either.
                            |TG-69th|chrisweb89

Comment

If you are capping out the main, why not let them try to hop in and get away? You are already winning if you are capping their main and destroying vehicles for points so they can re-spawn and be destroyed again for more points while the US is regrouping is pretty cheap isn't it?
                              |TG-6th|Snooggums

Just because everyone does something does not mean that it is right to do.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X