This Morning on Fools Road 16

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This Morning on Fools Road 16

We were told by a couple members that firing a fixed TOW from British side of Dylym Bridge is against the rules and considered firing from main. At this point in time Dylym was being attacked and capped by Militia forces, and prior to the Dylym was being seiged for probably the entire round.

The rule says as follows:

•4a. Main bases may not be fired in to nor out of unless and until the last flag for a team is in play (marked with the orange attack marker). Exception: Players may enter the enemy main for attack or capture purposes when the flag in play immediately prior to the main base flag is neutral.
    This wording leads me to think that firing from Main is justified.

I am freaking tired of being told that I can't do something because its against the rules and then when I attempt to defend the action or say that they are wrong I am told that I need to bring it up in the forums. Firstly, they brought it up. Secondly, they are wrong. What is with the double standards?

Re: This Morning on Fools Road 16

I think that's referring to the main base actually being a flag which it isnt on that map. The main is like 250ish meters south of the flag.

In this case the main wasnt marked with a orange flag, because it isnt a flag.

Silent Eagle's last flag would fall into this category where the main becomes a combat zone.

"All of you stay frickin high speed. All you stay on your frickin primaries and frickin slay bodies all day long. Good to go" -Combat Ninja lol

Comment

No. Rule 4 is clear to define a Main Base as:

•[sic] locations where a team has permanent spawns for infantry and/or vehicles, and are off limits to attack except as noted below. The maps in Project Reality offer plenty of real estate to fight over, so go fight over the 95% of the map that isn't the main base.

Rule 4 also has this addendum.

•Rule 4a above allows for entry into an enemy main base if it is also their last flag when the prior flag goes neutral. They may not attempt to destroy vehicles or otherwise engage in base "rape" activities. They are allowed in specifically for the purposes of capturing the enemy flag or positioning themselves to attack once it comes in to play. These troops may be engaged and may fight back at this point. If the prior flag returns to complete control of the enemy team, those players who entered the main must attempt to exit as quickly as possible. They may be engaged and may fight back during this time, but they must be making an effort to leave the main base in doing so. Failure to attempt to leave may result in administrative action being taken.
      Why state "if it is also its last flag" when it didn't state it in the initial rule? Everything indicates clearly that Main Bases are just permanent spawn points flag or not.

Comment

They are allowed in specifically for the purposes of capturing the enemy flag or positioning themselves to attack once it comes in to play. These troops may be engaged and may fight back at this point.
        That should answer it. They cant cap that flag from the British main, because it isnt part of main. It's a separate flag.

Just so you know, I think you should be able to use the available equipment at your main to shoot out, Im not a fan of the no attacking main rule.

"All of you stay frickin high speed. All you stay on your frickin primaries and frickin slay bodies all day long. Good to go" -Combat Ninja lol

Comment

You are taking a blurb from a section that is explaining procedures and rules when attacking a Last Flag that is a Main Base simultaneously. Instead look at the specifc rule (4a) and see the wording saying nothing about a Main Base needing to be a Flag to allow fire from or to. Instead it only requries that the last flag is in play.

Comment

Im reading it as how they stated it in 4b, the main being marked with the orange marker. I see what you mean now. 4a would mean you could attack it once the last flag is in play, but arent allowed to arty it because it isnt an actual flag. Youre right.

Im not sure if that's what they intended, but how it's worded you are correct.

Comment

Originally posted by Ytman View Post
              I am freaking tired of being told that I can't do something because its against the rules and then when I attempt to defend the action or say that they are wrong I am told that I need to bring it up in the forums. Firstly, they brought it up. Secondly, they are wrong.
              If you are being told by other players that you are wrong and you are certain that you understand the rules correctly I would suggest alt tabbing and quickly rereading the rule that applies to make certain, then inform them in game politely that you are sure you are correct and then follow the rules to the best of your ability unless directed otherwise by an admin. If an admin disagrees with your understanding of the rules follow their directions in game and post a CAA thread afterwards, not a public thread.
              |TG-6th|Snooggums

Just because everyone does something does not mean that it is right to do.

Comment

We were told by a couple members that firing a fixed TOW from British side of Dylym Bridge is against the rules and considered firing from main. At this point in time Dylym was being attacked and capped by Militia forces, and prior to the Dylym was being seiged for probably the entire round.
                If I recall correctly (I'll admit that I certainly might be off my rocker), it was occurring while the Hill 120 (?) the flag in play, not Dylym; the argument was continuing after the flag was capped, and it was more of a carry-over from the discussion before rather than starting when Dylym was in play.

You're correct in your interpretation, as far as I can tell, but the circumstances in game were different at that time, iirc.

Comment

Based on the circumstances described by YTMan and Celestial, YTMan had the rules interpretation correct.

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Comment

Ytman you were correct in everything you said, but sometimes it is better to let it drop in all chat and play on. Continue what you are doing until an admin tells you to cease the action (there were admins on during this round). You are NOT going to win an argument like that in all chat, especially when you are killing the people on the other team (Militia) who are saying it is unfair or against the rules. It's a no win, that is why I suggested that it go to the forums, it is better here to discuss.

Dispo has clarified, but also remember if shooting from main in a situation like that, it is fair game for them to shoot back. Just FYI for all others.
                    sigpic

OLD GUYS RULE!!!!

Humor is something that thrives between man's aspirations and his limitations. There is more logic in humor than in anything else. Because, you see, humor is truth. Victor Borge

Comment

Alright, thankyou. I'll try to keep my cool better and wait for admin word.

Clarification Celestial:

Dylym was under full attack when militia had 210. 210 was grayed by one of our squads. The Militia was still in the cap zone of Dylym and per rules (4.) they are allowed to stay there and attack/set-up and therefore we are still allowed to fire from main.

(interesting question, If Dylym is not in play and Militia are in it or attacking into it for sabotage/disruptive purposes, are you allowed to fire from 'Main'

An example is a Warrior firing its cannon at an AT kit positioned in the hill just North of Dylym from a safer distance than from inside of village.)

Comment

(interesting question, If Dylym is not in play and Militia are in it or attacking into it for sabotage/disruptive purposes, are you allowed to fire from 'Main'

An example is a Warrior firing its cannon at an AT kit positioned in the hill just North of Dylym from a safer distance than from inside of village.)
                        Is this a scenario where the Militia shouldn't be there in the first place? - IMO In this case, i say shoot'm.
                        OR
                        Is this the 'Operate anywhere on the map - except mains' principle? - IMO In this case, shoot'm again.

The trouble with this map/scenario is you can't safely leave Brit main without getting killed by that AT once you cross the bridge.
                        I really dislike these grey areas...
                        Q: How many members of Congress does it take to change a light bulb?
                        A: None. There is nothing wrong with the light bulb; its conditions are improving every day. Any reports of its lack of incandescence are delusional spin from the liberal media. That light bulb has served honorably, and anything you say undermines the lighting effort. Why do you hate freedom?!?

Comment

Dylym was under full attack when militia had 210. 210 was grayed by one of our squads. The Militia was still in the cap zone of Dylym and per rules (4.) they are allowed to stay there and attack/set-up and therefore we are still allowed to fire from main.
                          Most of the team was retreating from Dylym to recapture 210, and around that time the TOW firing began, from what I remember; the TOW shot at the Southern face of Hill 210.
                          (And again, I could be wrong since I'm going off of somewhat vague memory, but I'm pretty sure that's what happened.)

But otherwise, yeah, you were right.

Comment

Ya celect that happened about four times as the tow sniped half of my squad as we tried to scramble up the hill and away from the tow, when we asked who was shooting out of their main with the tow they also said they had a TOW on the north side of the bridge. I have no idea which fired on us because I only heard the missle fly into me, but I really hate to see TOW sniping retreating infantry on a 16 layer map.
                            |TG-69th|chrisweb89

Comment

Two things I wish for from last night:

1. I would have had a better handle on what was going on at Dylym. I was in Bretts squad across the map, sorry fellas.
                              2. We wouldn't have had to see so many esteemed, long time players um...."discussing" it for the last 10 minutes of the round via the "J" key.

|

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X