Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Al Basrah night available

http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f10-...ml#post1435388

Playing it now, it works and looks pretty good. Server's empty though. Would it be possible to have a password night featuring that map here on TG sometime in the future? Since Burning Sands was hosted here and that it's an unofficial map as well, this could be awesome to say the least.

Re: Al Basrah night available

night vision?
    sigpic

Any problem on Earth can be solved with the careful application of high explosives.

Comment

not that I know of.

Comment

without night vision it would be a nightmare to play im guessing.

"All of you stay frickin high speed. All you stay on your frickin primaries and frickin slay bodies all day long. Good to go" -Combat Ninja lol

Comment

yea im guessing same thing... will have to try it out to see.(or not see possibly)

Comment

Not in insurgency, nightvision for just 1 team would be overkill and insurgents with nightvision unrealistic. nightvision or not, i'm pretty fkin tired of day maps tbh.

Comment

Just think of the potential fun without night vision. Insurgents would get a nice, needed, advantage with bomb cars. Seeings explosions light up the night.

I'll download it tomorrow and give it a whirl.

Comment

that would maybe be cool on a skirmish map where everything is close quarters

"All of you stay frickin high speed. All you stay on your frickin primaries and frickin slay bodies all day long. Good to go" -Combat Ninja lol

Comment

yea i all for night maps. we need them.

Comment

ok, so i played it somewhat a while ago. It's a pain for apaches when they go after lazes. you cant see the ground until youre like 20 feet above it. also the view distance on the ground isnt more than 100M. this will make it almost if not impossible to laze targets. you'll have to get way to close.

I say it needs some night vision. atleast put nightvision in the sl kits or something

Comment

Flying on instruments is a separate skill set so maybe thats justified some. The bf2 engine is kinda stretched doing low lighting I think but Im glad theres no NV as I was not a fan of even more restricted vision

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

Originally posted by Sabre_Tooth_Tigger View Post
                        Flying on instruments is a separate skill set so maybe thats justified some. The bf2 engine is kinda stretched doing low lighting I think but Im glad theres no NV as I was not a fan of even more restricted vision
                        Its not hard to fly without "seeing" so to speak. but I think most pilots will fail lol. I think we'll see a ton of faceplants in the starting months if they do put that map into circulation

Edit: the problem will be the actual spotting of the targets from the ground. seeing that the max view distance i could find was 110M

Comment

instruments? what instrument? you mean the hud?
                          sigpic

Any problem on Earth can be solved with the careful application of high explosives.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X