• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PR - then and now

all maps from before 0.9+

Re: PR - then and now

I miss Street and Hills of hamgyong, had great firefight in those maps
    sigpic

Any problem on Earth can be solved with the careful application of high explosives.

Comment

I wish I was there for those old maps. they look awesome

Comment

I liked the look of some of those maps....why were they discontinued?? To small or just more detailed projects?

"TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population....Tactical Gamer is not mainstream. We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers" ~ Apophis

Comment

Maybe one day in the future we will see map packs of remastered maps from the old days. I really miss Assault on Mestia. So many fond memories in that warehouse.

I'm guessing Devs discontinue maps for balancing reasons as well as keeping the PR files within reasonable sizes.

What I would like to see is optionals server/client map pack files. Keeps the Main files reasonable and gives the servers/players the ability to enjoy more maps, nostalgia not included.

Comment

There was a retro map pack for .86 I believe with Steel Thunder, Zatar Wetlands, and a few others.

"Inter Arma Enim Silent Leges"

Comment

Yeah, but are they still compatible with this version?

Comment

I miss Mao valley. Glad to see I'm not the only one who liked hills of Hammyong (I preferred to be on the USMC side).
                Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
                Level II Volunteer FireFighter
                Level I HazMat Technician
                NYS EMT-B
                Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
                RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
                Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
                Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
                We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

My first rounds played in TG were on Inishail Forest and Goods Station.
                  |TG-6th|SirNerd

My Resume includes Pirate, Mercenary, and a Devil Dog, what else do you want.

Pain is Inevitable, Suffering is Optional.

When you can't run anymore, you crawl and when you can't do that, you find someone to carry you.

Comment

i always liked ghost train...and fools road back about 4 versions ago i think...brits/russians?

there was this cool night map too, with NV goggles...i think it was a Chinese map but i cant remember...that one was fun.

*sigh* mmmmmeeeeeemmmmooooorrrrrriiiiieeeeesssssss.
                    :P

Comment

there's a little promo for TG on the billboard in inishail. that map was actually made by someone from this community.

Comment

honshangu looked cool. Ive only been playing for about year and a half so I havent seen a lot of the old stuff.

"All of you stay frickin high speed. All you stay on your frickin primaries and frickin slay bodies all day long. Good to go" -Combat Ninja lol

Comment

I whish I could have played some of the old maps. Then again I think its kind of cool maps come and go, just like you dont fight the same wars over and over, well in some cases you kind of do.

Comment

I thought I saw somewhere that a few of the older maps may get used in PR-V.

Comment

So many great maps replaced with some that don't do the game any justice. It really is a shame. That video brought back a lot of good memories...

-Playing since .2

My priorities, in order. 1) KD/R 2) Winning 3) Gunning in a Tank 4) Everything Else

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X