X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rudd_medicman
    replied
    Re: PW NIGHT Thursday 9th September Burning Sands

glad to see some positive feedback, rest assured that lots of work as been done in optimising teh map, however the extra work of providing you guys with another patch to fix current issues is just too much trouble for me I'm afraid.

I assume all performance probelms were in the city area? or were they everywhere?

Leave a comment:

• hotfranc
    replied

The map is very nice and fun to play, i was in the major part of the game in the city and found that you could enter and climb in some mosque towers. As for the CAS, luda was flying, buff was gunning and i was spotting and our team did a great job because they were always report Cougar's helo. i loved the fight that you had south of the industrial complex, you were almost right next to each other and you forced land as we crashed because he couldn't pull up. You did also a good job but we were flying high and used almost only bvr. I am found a couple of good spot for the spotters that could watch the flags. Finally, this will be an awesome map and the scrim will be a lot of fun.

Leave a comment:

• BoogyLoH
    replied

Very fun map.. and HUGE. So huge that I couldn't view it at my normal 100% without lagging horribly every few seconds. Og was wondering what was up with my driving in the BMP because I'd move and run into a wall every 5 seconds. Once I crashed and changed my view distance down to 80% (it really didn't effect me too much), I was able to drive/walk without much lag. Zooming in on the BMP still gave a good hiccup tho.

I do wish more APCs working with units on that map--I tried to run a support squad but my lag at the start and no one really using me prevented me from helping too much (besides the 4 FOBs). The BVR wasn't much fun (I got splashed a few times, but never really died to it since you just move away area he is shooting), but we didn't have anyone running AA so I can't complain much. And as for the tank count -- I took down three. Pretty sure I lost that battle. :P I did cap a few flags tho so 'canyoudealwiththat!?'

Leave a comment:

• Portable.Cougar
    replied

Hats off to the GB atk helo crew and spotters every time I got in for a run you were there.

Also your AA crew at the south village made our lives hell early on.

GG

thanks for leading Plum.

Leave a comment:

• DaViking
    replied

We probably would have won, but you guys managed to pwn about 10-12 on the VCP flag. There were so many wreckages.

Leave a comment:

• NorthPlum
    replied

Originally posted by ThirdSin View Post

Yea Northplum, that was the first CAS run we made and apparently the only one we had to make :D

Cougar and Boogy, what was the tank count? Who won? I think Boogy and I beat Cougar by a couple ;)
    Cougar/Spitfire killed a lot of armour and infantry combined.

You guys killed 1 tank which ended the game. :p

Leave a comment:

• ThirdSin
    replied

Good game gents. Early on it was anyones battle, but the vastly more handsome MEC team pulls the W.

Observations:
    -Many complained of lag, reduced view distance alleviated the issue for some.
    -I noticed one building side had a texture issue? pic here

Comments:
    - Its a big map. I bailed before 16 mode, but i can't imagine it being a very action packed round most of the time. I could be wrong.
    - The map could surely grow on me, there are things i like (mulitple groups of structures from which to setup nice FOBS) and things i didn't (See recent thread: BVR. It was lame and took away from the fun IMO)
    - Squadwork & Teamwork were ESSENTIAL in this map <-- Its a good thing :)

Yea Northplum, that was the first CAS run we made and apparently the only one we had to make :D

Cougar and Boogy, what was the tank count? Who won? I think Boogy and I beat Cougar by a couple ;)

Leave a comment:

• Bullseye2550
    replied

for the players who couldnt join cause of ctd:

how to install:

download the rar and the patch file.

unzip the rar file, you get a folder named "burning_sands" (which contains client.zip, server.zip and a folder named info. leave it, dont extract anything)

copy the burning_sands folder to: C:\Program Files (x86)\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\mods\pr\levels

run the patch file.

should work now.
    if you still crash delete this folder: \Documents\Battlefield 2\mods\bf2\cache

Leave a comment:

• Masterjack
    replied

I had CTD last time I tried this map. This time it went great. I'm not sure if it was the patch that helped or switching to windows 7 and reloading bf2 and pr. What ever it was I'm a happy guy.

Leave a comment:

• NorthPlum
    replied

Amazing game. We managed to win by 43 tickets with Boogy and ThirdSin killing the tank at the very end via CAS as I lazed that thing chewing up our infantry. :p

Had a great time playing and spotting for Cougar and Spitfire. As well as Ristin who managed to get his KDR back up from a very poor state. lol :p

Watching Cougar making low passes killing tanks, infantry and everything was insane. Best game in a while. :)

Leave a comment:

• Axis_Sniper
    replied

Same here.

Leave a comment:

• Daishi2442
    replied

I can't seem to join the game, it loads the map, and then crashes instantly with no error message.

Leave a comment:

• Kwalc
    replied

Originally posted by LITOralis2.nmd View Post
    do I need to be on the scrim list to join the server tonight?
    no

Leave a comment:

• reintarnation
    replied

The first map of Burning Sands that had no RPs loaded fine. But after the map change it loads and CTDs as soon as it loads completely. Only this map. Textures are set to medium. The patch is applied... Any help?

Leave a comment:

• LITOralis2.nmd
    replied

do I need to be on the scrim list to join the server tonight?

Leave a comment:

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
X