• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [AAR] Burning Sands Scrim 9-12

Was a good round, post your feed back here
    doYouEvenLuftwaffe

Re: [AAR] Burning Sands Scrim 9-12

Was a very good round indeed, was happy to have been invited to play!

Initial roll out was good for us brits, heard some mumble as i dropped off your squad, hope it was nice things :)

flying the apache was stressful at first but once i relaxed it got a lot better, managed to have one epic dogfight over the most western flag, managed to get away with minimal damage and buflak had done the damage to i think cause the havoc to crash as it RTBd.

was good fun later giving some CAS to cougar as he defended that flag, got calls of a havoc going SE, managed to find him to the south gaining altitude, came in from his flank and got him down before doing several runs on infantry positions to the south of cougar.

and of course getting the call from cougar at the end of the tank on the runway, green light given by the CO and it was a simple run in hit the lase and end the round :)

overall was a very good close game, looked very different 1hr in then it did at the end. Can't wait to here the other stories, and heres's the final scoreboard for those that care

AnimalMother
    Ex TG-31st LR
    "Is it the 31st policy to have hott women as their avatars? Because if so that's a pretty baddass policy." - Pvt. brokeback
    sigpic

Arte et Marte

Comment

Well , I was gunning CAS with wookie, we were flying without a spotter in our squad, callous was supposed to be our spotter and do logi mission at same time, but it turned it out he didnt do much spotting, we got a few laser from kat, dave and xsoldier, in total about 4-5 2 of em were BVR, it didnt worked too well. The first engagement with the apache was a close one, we took too much damage and blew up before reaching the helipad, second same thing, the rest was at the advantage of the apache wich did a very good job against us, I wasnt expecting too much dogfight but it happened. My only issue was with mumble and flying without a spotter in our squad, spotters are not also useful to keep the CAS busy but also can relay information on mumble much better, I feel we could have done a lot better with one in our squad.

Callous and Jafar did a CAS run at the end and it didnt worked too well either, I think it was because of this reason also.

i would like congratulate both CO for an outstanding job, we almost won by over capping but luck turned the tide into brits favor, Our initial strategy was very good
      sigpic

Any problem on Earth can be solved with the careful application of high explosives.

Comment

Final score?
        [sigpic]

sigpic

"Always acknowledge a fault. This will throw those in authority off their guard and give you an opportunity to commit more."
        -Mark Twain

In game: |TG| Maxwell_Q_Klinger

Comment

Cardinals 17 - Rams 13

"Inter Arma Enim Silent Leges"

Comment

14-0 for Great Britain

Comment

that low dogfight West of the city was really cool!
              Viking

Comment

Sounded like a good game, shame I was at work while you guys were playing. Get some more AAR's for those who were not there please. :)

Don't fight a battle if you don't gain anything by winning.
                Erwin Rommel

Comment

Final score

Great scrim! Congrats to both teams!

Rage quitting is not cool, though. The selfish act of a few messed up a lot of the round.

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Comment

1. Sign up for internal community scrim.
                    2. Rage quit.
                    3. Screw your team over by leaving them a squad down.
                    4. ???
                    5. Profit.
                    sigpic

Comment

MEC AAR

Intercepted Radio Transmission: Awesome job guys, through a harsh fall back after a lucky British break saving them from utter defeat we came back from a high ticket deficit to lose by only 14 tickets which is so close as to be a Pyrrhic victory for the British! Surely this occupation can go no further with the devestating blow we handled them today.

DaveMRC- I wish to say outstanding Squad Leading, and initiative. Your efforts lead the way for our possible complete victory had luck not been on their side.

Xsoildier- Wonderful work in city, though I'm dissapointed at the dissertion without warning.

Sniperdog- Wonderful push onto oil and holding there for as long as you did. Though, due to my lack of VOIP, you getting food in game hindered my ability to order you.

Katanama- Again wonderful work. It is a shame that you had to leave for whatever reason as I could not commincate to your replacement SQLDR. And had lost comms with sqd 4. I hope it wasn't a real emergency (life or death) and if it was best wishes.

Mat- Wonderful work with the armor. Pushing onto and holding Oilfields was perfect. And it was only by luck that you were taken out at VCP.

Callous- Your supplies and repairs were spot on. The FO built south of Oil was the staging ground to the perfectly executed assault performed by Rudd and Python and Squad 3 (Sniperdog).

Jafar- Your supplies were always near perfect drops and kept our soldiers warm and happy. Though you did tend to say all you could on mumble squad leader which, while important, did harm communications.

Brettwad- Way to take the initiative when you did and help supply our wounded an retreating forces. Your supplies were priceless.

Davey and Wookie- Wonderful CAS allowed us to manuver perfectly into OIL and kept the city safe. I hear misfortune was out to get you since technical issues prevented communication and luck favored the Apache.

Special thanks goes to Katanama for really helping me set up our perfect initial attack. Which was performed flawlessly.

--------

I'd like to ask for a better way at relaying certain information to members. Perhaps when members signup they also place a contact email or automated BBS notifications or something.

This way I don't have to go to the PR forums and tell one of my squad leaders what his orders are when we have a specific forum for this. (though he still performed excellently, until he went Awol for Food!!!! how dare YOU! :D)

--------

Originally posted by daveyjonesjr View Post
                      Well , I was CAS with wookie, we were flying without a spotter in our squad, callous was supposed to be our spotter and do logi mission at same time, but it turned it out he didnt much spotting, we got a few laser from kat, dave and xsoldier, in total about 4-5 2 of em were BVR, it didnt worked too well.
                      This was going by a pre beta Roster. The official roster relied only on other squads to call in attack runs as to use the most of our 30 people. I can't have a guy run logi and spot.

The first engagement with the apache was a close one, we took too much damage and blew up before reaching the helipad, second same thing, the rest was at the advantage of the apache wich did a very good job against us, I wasnt expecting too much dogfight but it happened.
                      I'm am unsure if the helipad at Mec Bunker base around C6 could have repaired you.

My only issue was with mumble and flying without a spotter in our squad, spotters are not also useful to keep the CAS busy but also can relay information on mumble much better, I feel we could have done a lot better with one in our squad.
                      Noted. But again a recon dedicated person with only 30 people on a 16 square kilo map can do so little. A part of strategy is being efficient with what you are given. I'd rather three tanks than two tanks and a half and a spotter.

As a helicopter you are expected to be able to work with the team like any other asset.

Callous and Jafar did a CAS run at the end and it didnt worked too well either, I think it was because of this reason also.
                      In hind sight this run may have cost us the round. That would be my fault. Looking at the KDR and not realizing (was not notified) of massive British asset loss I assumed British tickets to be near the hundreds. Therefore, with our armor sitting in defense and the attack knocking at our door I assumed the only way to win was to take out what we could by air.

I saw the helo go down. Due to some kind of armored fire. In the future attempts should be made to not hug the ground in a danger zone, instead CAS runs must be performed at a higher altitude. Either way it was a last ditch attempt at the end of the game, you can't win with out risk.

----------------------------------------------

Finally, this is our comprehenisve graphic for the opening minutes complete with possible British movements. More concise individual orders were given to each squad leader previously, as I realise this looks really cluttered.

Comment

If u sign up for a scrim: 1) make sure u have 4 hours free
                        2) prepare your rage quiting self for possible disappointment

Comment

Apologies for being comms happy that round; I was simply too excited. Thanks for the props!

Very, very, VERY good game, I was honored to be of service for it.
                          Whether by air or on land
                          foes crumble at my command.

JaFaR Ironclad, at your service.

Comment

Originally posted by Ytman View Post
                            MEC AAR

In hind sight this run may have cost us the round. That would be my fault. Looking at the KDR and not realizing (was not notified) of massive British asset loss I assumed British tickets to be near the hundreds. Therefore, with our armor sitting in defense and the attack knocking at our door I assumed the only way to win was to take out what we could by air.

I saw the helo go down. Due to some kind of armored fire. In the future attempts should be made to not hug the ground in a danger zone, instead CAS runs must be performed at a higher altitude. Either way it was a last ditch attempt at the end of the game, you can't win with out risk.
                            I shot the helo down with a stinger and then moved up with the btr. When i heard our CAS was flying at 1000 ft i almost had a heart attack. they shouldve been flying 1500 and up. but no biggie, u cant win every scrim u participate in :D

Sniper went to get food but that didnt affect us much as we went to defend to the north, killed one spotter, the helo and the inf with wookie's help.

Comment

Originally posted by Kwalc View Post
                              If u sign up for a scrim: 1) make sure u have 4 hours free
                              2) prepare your rage quiting self for possible disappointment
                              Yeah... though if things went just a hair different it would have been only an hour ^_^. I think for the Euro peeps this should be done on a saturday or a little earlier.

Other than that thanks Kwalc for working with me even though you were supposed to be on the other team! Mega props!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X