Ribbons 14th Sept

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ribbons 14th Sept

I know normally T-man does this but i just saw them this morning and thought i'd share the good news!
    Seem to mostly be for ARMA2 but theres a few dotted about for some of our guys

Distinguished Defence
    Alex Sweendensniiperr (Class I) [PR]

Distinguished Anti-Tank
    Mantak (Class II) [PR]

Distinguished Squad Leader
    PaintScratcher (Class I) [PR]

so well done! I'm hoping someone who can see them can post up the nominations as they are always a good read

keep them coming in
    AnimalMother
    Ex TG-31st LR
    "Is it the 31st policy to have hott women as their avatars? Because if so that's a pretty baddass policy." - Pvt. brokeback
    sigpic

Arte et Marte

Re: Ribbons 14th Sept

Yeah, they always make my heart swell with pride when I read the nominations. We're waiting on you, T! :D

Comment

They just moved to approved. If you want, I can post the write ups as well.
      sigpic

Comment

Here are the write ups:

Award: Distinguished Squad Leader Class I

Awardees:

Paintscratcher

Where?
        Muttrah City August 12, 2010 and the last 3 months

How?

Paintscratcher has moved up to the ranks of valued squad leaders here at TG.

He started out as a good player. Moved on to great medic. Now he is routinely doing squad leader duty on the server.

Paint has mastered the basics of the SL position. He consistently is in the fight, leading others and mentoring junior TG players in tactics and the TG way of playing. I teach SL courses at TGU and I can tell you I would and do join his squad anytime his is the SL. It is a pleasure to work under his direction, knowing we will always engage the enemy in the primary.

Given that this is a level 1 nomination, I think Paintscratcher has demonstrated the general knowledge and expertise required for this nomination. I have seen him in action many times in the last 3 months leading on the server and I think that given his consistent effort to lead and be an excellent TGmember following the values of our community warrant this ribbon.

I would appreciate your support for this nomination.

Award: Distinguished Defense Class I

Awardees:

Alex Sweendensniiperr

date 1 Aug 2010 PW night
        location TG PR server, Quinling 64

Award: distinguished defence

Why
        Our squad was originally attacking Obj. 154, and diverted to the east to destroy an enemy FB that was bombarding our troops assaulting the hill at 154. Other elements of the team moved onto the Farm in an attempt to cap out the enemy. The squad left in defence of 154 was overrun and the enemy took it.
        Our squad was then quick to relocate in defence of our next objective, whilst there we fortified. A mechanized infantry attack was brushed aside seconds later. Our team at this point had stabilised 154 and we moved up to assist in capping and then relieve the defenders.

This is where it truly started, whilst our squad defended 154 our air power was destroyed and we had no air cover. Multiple enemy spotters and snipers had taken up postions, NE, E, SE and S of our hill. This lead to a goot 15minute stint of getting sniped and bombed constantly without time to fortify or get any decent defence organised. Despite this bombardment the guys in my squad kept it together and didn't complain one bit, just revived and shovelled, repelled a full infantry squad attack whilst still being bombed. For this i recommend them for Distinguished Defence, for the sheer determination and for never losing spirit, to hold on to the hill against the odds, as losing it would have allowed the enemy to steamroll us and cap out our team.

eventually there was one bomb too many and we were wiped out, but the job had been done, our team had neutralised farm and victory ensued. Good game.

Award: Distinguished Anti Tank Class II

Awardees:

Mantak

For: Distinguished Anti-Tank (Class II)

Where and When: TG PR server, 30 Aug 2010, Qwai 64

Related AAR:

As US we had been under a lot of pressure and were for a large part of the beginning of the game defending our last flag. Some heavy fighting and we managed to push out and start to take ground, getting some momentum we began a bit of a steamroll.

After taking back Foshan village our next target was Estate, our squads route of attack was to move north over the fields, recce the area and then advance. Unfortunately we got ambushed and pinned by a VN3. Retreating east we decided to move north and get a vantage and eyes on estate.
        Here's where Mantak and his SL Wookie belted up in the humvee to our position. Relaying the position of the VN3 drew fire, from another VN3. Still mantak tried to get a shot off but 2 VN3s suppressing made it impossible. Fortunately for us one of the VN3s charged our position, panicked and rolled into the river, still shooting at our infantry mantak quickly disposed of it. Running to reload and the second VN3 made a move to our position, everyone was pretty tense as we had no defence against it. Thankfully some suicidal distractions from us directed the VN3s initial fire away from mantak whilst he reloaded and then set up the SRAW, the second he was ready the VN3 was then destroyed by him. As a good teamplayer he then retrieved our squads medic kit and revived everyone of the distraction force, got his HAT back and reloaded as the sound of yet another VN3 came rolling by. This one however had some common sense.

This is where my own path and mantaks seperate, however as infantry we moved onto estate which still hosted some enemy armour. Reporting it over squad chat and it was destroyed by the 2 man AT team that had moved west to cover our advance. We capped estate and the round was won with the PLA running out of tickets, of which losing 4 or 5 armour pieces in 10minutes couldn't have helped them

With his recent presentation of the Class I award i am going to recommend him for Class II, as he was extremely calm and professional when under immense pressure to kill the enemy armour quickly. Showing a great amount of professionalism in a roll that i see him take on at every opportunity.

sigpic

Comment

well not to be unthankful of anything but why am i the only one getting the ribbon? that squad would've all deserved it. or did they already have the first?

anyways, good job guys

and thank you for the nomination of course (animal/axis...whoever it was:P)

Comment

sweedesniiperr,

The original nomination was for about 5 players. The multi-player nominations are then broken into individual polls for votes by the ribbons team. The other players were awarded last round. Yours was mistakenly not posted for a vote. We found that error, and voted on yours this round of ribbons. So no, you were not the only one awarded the ribbon for the effort - just the last.

Congrats.

T
            sigpic

Comment

Congrats guys :)

|

Comment

Congrats all!!!!
                sigpic

OLD GUYS RULE!!!!

Humor is something that thrives between man's aspirations and his limitations. There is more logic in humor than in anything else. Because, you see, humor is truth. Victor Borge

Comment

Awesome bloody work gents!

sigpic

Comment

Very nice.....well deserved!

Comment

Well done!
                      sigpic
                      I'm Back.

Comment

Well done all, richly deserved, great stuff!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X