ROTC Experiences?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ROTC Experiences?

Hey just wondering if anybody is going through any sort of ROTC programs for USAF or the army or the likes. And if theres any of the sort out of the US.

I personally just got done with my second day of Physical training for AFROTC, and tell you what, it sucked, haha. What's worse is that I have classes afterwords... :row__522:
    Blackpython / ZephyrDark
    Former 31st RECCE Member

Re: ROTC Experiences?

PM nardini, he's currently in AFROTC.
    Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
    Level II Volunteer FireFighter
    Level I HazMat Technician
    NYS EMT-B
    Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
    RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
    Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
    Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
    We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

ROTC highschool or college?
      sigpic

Comment

A guy I was in the Marines with is doing Army ROTC now after he got out. From what it sounds like it's the same crap as the military, wake up early before class for PT, dealing with stupid people, but it gives you a foot in the door to a decent paying job and a head start as an officer. Good option if you are serious about doing military and need help with school.

"All of you stay frickin high speed. All you stay on your frickin primaries and frickin slay bodies all day long. Good to go" -Combat Ninja lol

Comment

If you plan on going into the military ROTC is great. It would be RETARDED not to. I started back in middle school, and eventually gave it up in highschool, seeing as I had other career paths and was just fed up with the grind.
          sigpic

Comment

I'm currently participating in AFROTC in College (Detachment 345, UMass Lowell, MA), and I am serious about pursuing a military career. I'm majoring in Plastics Engineering, so theres definitely career options with that :D
            Blackpython / ZephyrDark
            Former 31st RECCE Member

Comment

ROTC was the best thing I ever did. I was in the Corp of Cadets at Texas A&M and was in an Air Force unit. Very enjoyable and memorable part of my life. Great move for improving your mental and physical development.

**** PROUD TO BE A MEMBER OF THE 4TH SPECIAL OPERATIONS ****

Μολὼν λαβέ

**** PROUD to have been an Irregular**** ****PROUD to have been in the 11th AIR****

**** PROUD to have been in the 77th Headhunters****

sigpic

REAL pilots beat the air into submission!

Comment

Just wrote a nice long post and then my internet crapped out as I clicked "post..."

Third year AFROTC Cadet here, just got back from Field Training three weeks ago and contracted last week :D. If you have any questions feel free to let me know!

I didn't join a squad once and this guy named Nardini took me into the back room and beat me with a sock of oranges.

Comment

Many many years ago I did NROTC at CU. Loved every minute of it. You think PT is bad where you guys are doing it/have done it? Try doing it in the mountains at a minimum altitude of 5600 feet. :D

Comment

I did basic training, US army. I also did Warrant Officer Basic - much worse. It was quite an experience.

You have to turn your mind off. Get used to it.
                    sigpic

Comment

Here is a good start, unless you really desire to play with the Air Force.

http://officer.marines.com/

http://www.marineofficerprograms.com...-class-plc.php

Comment

And a little extra, if you have not been to the National Museum of the Marine Corps, go visit.

http://www.bobrohrer.com/nmmc_video.html

Comment

Current senior in AFROTC at Det 215, Indiana Univ. PM me if you have any questions.

These Things We Do... That Other's May Live

Comment

I'm a plebe at West Point, but last year I did the USMC Platoon Leader's Class at Cal State Maritime

Coming from a ROTC-like program at a civilian school to West Point, I'll say that ROTC guys and my PLC classmates from last year will be much better off socially (you guys 'get' the college atmostphere) than my classmates here, but we've got our perks too.

My priorities, in order. 1) KD/R 2) Winning 3) Gunning in a Tank 4) Everything Else

Comment

@spitfire: ahhh too much pink, must kill....

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X