Mumble Force center Local Speech simultaneous

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mumble Force center Local Speech simultaneous

Here is a tip for people who regularly use the squadleader Radio.

If you talk on force center nobody around you can hear you. Try to add a 3rd Keybinding for your force center button, that activates local speech too. Say you are using Mouse button one for local speech and mouse button 2 for force center to talk on the SL Radio add a 3rd binding for local speech, which is the same as your force center button, in this example Mouse Button 2.

It is more realistic that nearby squadmembers can still hear you when you are talking on the radio, they dont forget halfway in your conversation that you are still talking on the radio and they hear what is going on if they are interested, that way they dont rush the enemy after you called in an airstrike/mortars (when they are avaiable) because you forgot to repeat to your squad everything you just said on the SL Radio.

Re: Mumble Force center Local Speech simultaneous

I don't feel squad members need to be included in discussions between in-game leadership. I speak on the SL radio and tell anything relevant to my squad members. They don't need to know the big picture, only where to go, who to shoot, and when.

A squad member who is more concerned with the big picture than the squad is cancer, to me.
    Skud

Comment

Originally posted by TheSkudDestroyer View Post
      I don't feel squad members need to be included in discussions between in-game leadership. I speak on the SL radio and tell anything relevant to my squad members. They don't need to know the big picture, only where to go, who to shoot, and when.

A squad member who is more concerned with the big picture than the squad is cancer, to me.
      It isnt about including him in the discussion. He can hear only you anyway in local speech and not who you talk to. He realizes you are still talking so he needs to shadup if it isnt urgent and if you call in an airstrike or ask for a pick up and he is within earreach of local speech, he knows its a bad time to start rushing. Also its more realistic.

Comment

I hear what you're saying Golgo, but I usually just tell my squad to hold comms if I'm talking in the SL channel or to the commander. They can type to each other in squad chat. You usually have to deal with everybody's input in the SL channel, and hearing the squad's input on top of that is a little unnecessary.

Comment

I like it. I'm getting worse with relaying information. Only problem is that my squadmates might think I'm talking to them instead of SL channel. And if I'm standing next to someone who is in the SL channel -- they'll hear both local and over the comms and it will be hard for them to hear any of it. I'll test it out and see if I like or not tho.
          "If you want to build a ship, don't drum up the people to gather wood, divide the work, and give orders. Instead, teach them to yearn for the vast and endless sea."
          -Antoine De Saint-Exupery

Comment

I would be more confused by the SL talking to 'himself' if he did this. I'd obviously figure it out eventually, but i might still be inclined to listen in, ask stupid questions about his conversation, and not pay attention to that rifleman setting up in a bush 200m @ 155.
            Q: How many members of Congress does it take to change a light bulb?
            A: None. There is nothing wrong with the light bulb; its conditions are improving every day. Any reports of its lack of incandescence are delusional spin from the liberal media. That light bulb has served honorably, and anything you say undermines the lighting effort. Why do you hate freedom?!?

Comment

I think SL's should automatically pull out their SL radios when forcing in mumble. I feel this is important for my immersion. In fact, it's is a top priority. Should be easy to code. Where's db? Chuc? Get to work!

|
              |

Comment

Originally posted by A_Grounded_Pilot View Post
                I think SL's should automatically pull out their SL radios when forcing in mumble. I feel this is important for my immersion. In fact, it's is a top priority. Should be easy to code. Where's db? Chuc? Get to work!
                I was just gonna' suggest that. Maybe the SL should pull the radio out and start talking to himself.

Comment

Originally posted by CR8Z View Post
                  I was just gonna' suggest that. Maybe the SL should pull the radio out and start talking to himself.
                  This is a cool idea. That said, if i'm on my SLs flank covering a sector, i'm not looking at my SL to begin with. Wanna know what would be cool? Imagine this:
                  There is a INGAME SL channel. SL whips out his radio, when he's speaking or listening a 'fake radio conversation' goes on in the background that those around him can hear, kinda like when you press 'X' in a humvee (I think that feature is pretty cool).
                  Ok DB, if you can have that by the end of the week, that be super. ;)
                  Q: How many members of Congress does it take to change a light bulb?
                  A: None. There is nothing wrong with the light bulb; its conditions are improving every day. Any reports of its lack of incandescence are delusional spin from the liberal media. That light bulb has served honorably, and anything you say undermines the lighting effort. Why do you hate freedom?!?

Comment

squad members understanding the overall strategy is always good

Comment

I tell them whats about to happen. Other than that, they end up second guessing everything and I dont need it.
                      sigpic

Comment

Well I felt its more realistic than squadleaders "telipatically" talking to each other. One could argue it adds to realism if you can still hear the squadleader talking in local speech, but if some players want to be able to "telipatically" comunicate within the squadleader channel, thats okay I guess.

Comment

Questions are the enemy of any great dictatorship.

Comment

I didn't realize chain of command was a democracy!
                            Skud

Comment

Originally posted by TheSkudDestroyer View Post
                              I didn't realize chain of command was a democracy!
                              Like I said, this is not about the other 5 squadmembers giving their input. That you are not telepatically talking to other squadleaders makes it more realistic. If they hear you call CAS or mortars, they know its a bad idea to rush the surpressed enemy.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X