New on TG

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New on TG

Hello everyone, from here, the cold land of Finland. After playing since the release of PR 0.917 @ Finnish server Pelitutka.fi with my friends and reading the AAR's/seeing screenshots of the games on TG made me think that maybe i should try playing on TG server(s) instead.
    So im basically asking for advice on playing at TG servers. Im fairly bad on playing inf but i love armor. I can't SL for crap nor fly.

Every answer is great as long as it isnt trolling :)

Re: New on TG

Check out the stickies at the top of this forum for lots of good info. A lot of players on the server like to utilize mumble in addition to in game voip and chat so join us there if you would like. Just remember to get in the right channel as we separate the teams. I'm pretty sure we have more than a couple of your country men playing on our server regularly as well, maybe enough to get some games going at times more convenient to yourselves.
    |TG-12th| Namebot

Comment

Welcome Makikou! Always happy to see a fellow countryman. As Namebot said read the stickies and the rules and join the fun on the server.
      sigpic

Proud to have been part of the 101st Siege Corps of Engineers
      "Cum bellum clamavit, respondivi"

Comment

Welcome welcome :)

I guess say that you are new when you join a squad. Also be patient and have fun.

Also I am glad you thought this would be a good place for you. Please, if I am around and squad leading, join my squad and I will be happy to help.

Comment

Welcome to TG! I'm sure you'll enjoy it here.

My advice to you: learn. Learn everything you can. You say you suck at infantry and cant SL for crap? Do both of those as much as you can! There are LOADS of people here who would be more than willing to help you out along the way. TG is home to players who have been playing PR since before it was PR (years and years ago) and we have the finest SLs, COs and admins in the business. If you have any questions about anything, dont hesitate to ask someone and you'll get an honest, helpful answer.

As far as trolling, I wouldnt worry about that too much. If anyone was so bold as to troll you in an introduction thread, they'd have much much larger problems of their own. Respect is paramount at TG, no matter how long you've been here.

Again, welcome aboard!

Comment

Originally posted by Ferris Bueller View Post
            Welcome to TG! I'm sure you'll enjoy it here.

My advice to you: learn. Learn everything you can. You say you suck at infantry and cant SL for crap? Do both of those as much as you can! There are LOADS of people here who would be more than willing to help you out along the way. TG is home to players who have been playing PR since before it was PR (years and years ago) and we have the finest SLs, COs and admins in the business. If you have any questions about anything, dont hesitate to ask someone and you'll get an honest, helpful answer.

As far as trolling, I wouldnt worry about that too much. If anyone was so bold as to troll you in an introduction thread, they'd have much much larger problems of their own. Respect is paramount at TG, no matter how long you've been here.

Again, welcome aboard!
            +1

Definitely check out the stickies to get a handle on server policies, can't stress that one enough. Other than that, Welcome!
            Q: How many members of Congress does it take to change a light bulb?
            A: None. There is nothing wrong with the light bulb; its conditions are improving every day. Any reports of its lack of incandescence are delusional spin from the liberal media. That light bulb has served honorably, and anything you say undermines the lighting effort. Why do you hate freedom?!?

Comment

Finished reading the rules and stuff, a lot of things that were allowed in the servers i have played before aren't in here. PRMumble isnt anything new for me though. Bit disappointed that i cant be a supporting member since i dont have any kind of way to donate money but^^

Comment

Hi Makikou!

Nice to see you here. More Finlanders the merrier! :) There's a few of us scattered around here in differend titles.

Played at Pelitutka for a few times. Some of the Pelitutka regulars have been playing at TG from time to time. A good bunch of people and Mumble seems to be used often! As has already been stated, feel free to hop in a squad. Most certainly people are willing to help in any game related stuff!
                [S7]Hablos
                Proud to have been part of the 101st Siege Corps of Engineers

sigpic

Comment

Just played my first round in TG, Qwai as Chinese.. I exited the game when our base was white and i did say i g2g so i hope thats not ragequitting :P

Played in [FSG]Oscar's squad. Using In-Game VOIP + PRMumble but it just made me more confused sometimes, also felt i really couldnt hear the guys speaking anything on VoIP.

Comment

Welcome! :)

For me turning down the in-game effects volume and then turning up my speakers helps with the voip situation, you might want to fiddle around with that.

Hope that helps. :D

Comment

Audio levels ALWAYS plague me too, so its not just you. When using vehicles or aircraft, i always adjust my EFFECTS to like 20, I just cant hear people talk otherwise.
                      Last edited by ThirdSin; 10-01-2010, 06:33 PM. Reason: i dont spellz gud..
                      Q: How many members of Congress does it take to change a light bulb?
                      A: None. There is nothing wrong with the light bulb; its conditions are improving every day. Any reports of its lack of incandescence are delusional spin from the liberal media. That light bulb has served honorably, and anything you say undermines the lighting effort. Why do you hate freedom?!?

Comment

Just assign keys to mumble volume +/- helps a lot for me. You can even mute mumble with the '-' inbetween rounds or if you are unlinked.
                        sigpic

Comment

Going to fiddle with them today, same with PRMumble.

Comment

Maki,

Welcome, if you have any questions please ask away, and also check the TGU sticky at the top of this forum and within TGU. Either this week or next expect to see some Basic SL and Basic Medic courses being offered.
                            Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
                            Level II Volunteer FireFighter
                            Level I HazMat Technician
                            NYS EMT-B
                            Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
                            RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
                            Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
                            Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
                            We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

Welcome Makikou hope to see ya on the field :)
                              |TG18|KevinS_1RCR

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X