Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To our pilots: What gear do you use?

Hey.

Since I loved flying in BF2 and repeadedly crashed in PR when I tried flying a Blackhawk (Coop, don't worry x]) I though about getting a nice lil joystick...
    Do you guys use just your mouse with high sensitivity or do you use joysticks to fly? If so, which model?
    Also, is PR compatible to most joysticks and does it even support force feedback? (I recon not)

Appreciate the answers!
    sigpic

Re: To our pilots: What gear do you use?

Flying a helo with mouse and keyboard is a lot easier for me. But a joystick is a must for jets. As far as model. Its a POS. Saltek ST290 pro, the throttle is garbage, so hovering in a helo is impossible but in a jet the throttle is always at 100% so it doesnt matter.
    sigpic

Comment

I fly joystick in both fixed and rotary wing aircraft and I love it. I can do mouse and keyboard, but joystick is just more fun. I have a non-force feedback Microsoft Sidewinder Pro that I've had for about 8 years and I couldn't imagine using anything else. It always works.

However, I've heard lots of great things about joysticks and other peripherals for this game.

Comment

Saitek X52, all aircraft. Works like a dream.
        Whether by air or on land
        foes crumble at my command.

JaFaR Ironclad, at your service.

Comment

Keyboard-Keyboard.

Comment

Keyboard entirely, I have found mice to be maddeningly imprecise in high speed applications.
            Pitch/Roll is arrow keys, throttle/yaw is wasd.

Comment

Originally posted by Spitfire14 View Post
              Flying a helo with mouse and keyboard is a lot easier for me. But a joystick is a must for jets. As far as model. Its a POS. Saltek ST290 pro, the throttle is garbage, so hovering in a helo is impossible but in a jet the throttle is always at 100% so it doesnt matter.
              I used to fly all the time, not so much any more though...

I'm in the same boat as Spitfire, mouse/kb for helos and an ST290 for jets. It's not the greatest joystick but it's got plenty of buttons which is nice, and it was cheap ($20).

I didn't join a squad once and this guy named Nardini took me into the back room and beat me with a sock of oranges.

Comment

Mhhhh thanks for the input guys. I guess I'll go try some joysticks to find the right one.

Don't know why but mouse and keyboard worked for me in BF2. It worked perfectly...
                Gotta give it another try in PR I guess with a different sensitivity.
                sigpic

Comment

I also use mouse/keyboard with helos and a stick with planes. I have a logitech extreme 3dpro. "Ewww logitech" but it works just great for me. I had a few guys teach me how to fly little birds in and out of places little birds shouldnt go and they all used keyboard for the job so I followed suit.

Comment

The one thing I use most is the throttle when flying helos. Prefect hovers, more controlled decents. I like to have it set (while flying) just a touch lower than the middle. That way when ever I let off the w key it defends graduly rather than hovering. It also works great for atk runs. When you go full nose down it will stall rather than pick up speed and try and kill you.

I also use it for ground assets. So I can creep foward to keep pace with infi while maintaing a stable platform form my gunner. It eleminates the bounce you get tapping w.
                    doYouEvenLuftwaffe

Comment

Joystick + Keyboard.
                      After 7 years of playing my legendary MS sidewinder 2, was finally done for, i and bought cheapest Logitech joystick.

My advice, if you are gonna buy a stick only for PR,then buy the cheapest one which has a rudder on Z axis and a decent throttle.

Comment

Used to be Keyboard+Keyboard now its Mouse+Joystick

I put my mouse in my left hand and fly right. The mouse buttons control my rudders and afterburner while I have my free look button on my joystick.

If only free look didn't lock out button inputs It be like having track IR ;P

Comment

always mouse and keyboard.

Comment

Keyboard-Keyboard!!

Proud to have been part of the 101st Siege Corps of Engineers
                            "Cum bellum clamavit, respondivi"

Sproge The Crazy Swede

Comment

Mh! Very different tastes... Interesting.

I just tried flying with mouse and keyboard again... and it worked Oo
                              Not perfectly but it worked at least for transport and Little Bird. (CAS is somehow a different thing)

Thanks guys!
                              sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...