Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Mumbling question

Hey all,

I'm a bit new to TG and PR so apologies if this has been answered elsewhere but I have tried searching the forum and can't find anything in direct relation.

Regarding Mumble and the TG server:

I managed to set up Mumble correctly and located the TG channel, but I am slightly confused about joining teams. It says that I have the option of team 1 or 2, but surely I won't know which of these I need to be in until I'm in the PR server. Is it simply a case of Alt-tabbing out when I have entered the server? This seems ok, but on occasions can cause a few problems with the game.

I hope that's clear and not too rambly.

OP
    'When we are victorious on a world scale I think we shall use gold for the purpose of building public lavatories'

- Lenin

Re: A Mumbling question

Unfortunately, there is no sure-fire way to know what Mumble channel to join right off the bat.

Your best bet would be to either look for some familiar names in-game and compare them to those in Mumble, or you could politely ask in in-game chat which team is which.

Normally, when the server is restarted, BLUEFOR is assigned to Team 1 and OPFOR is assigned to Team 2.

Hopefully we will see some improvements regarding Mumble in the future. Only time will tell...
    CR8Z: "No, I've not been good, but as an American, I'm entitled to everything I want."

Comment

Ah, ok that's nice and clear. I thought there was a trick that I was missing out on.

Thanks for your help.
      'When we are victorious on a world scale I think we shall use gold for the purpose of building public lavatories'

- Lenin

Comment

if you have troubles with alt tab you can ask ingame in global chat if an admin can move you to the right mumble channel, just join the waiting room in mumble before you join the server.

| | | |

Comment

Well normally I take a moment to allow my game to fully load before I alt-tab (this would be on the weaker of my 2 comps...the one in my room that I game on at my own discretion), at the same time I will check the teams for notable names. IE: Bull (a TG member) is on my side (possibly against me) thus I know there is a high chance he will be in mumble, so when I alt-tab out I would look for the team Bull is on and then move myself accordingly.

Just make sure to wait a few moments if you have the notorious alt-tab crash issue.

Comment

If you have the ability to alt tab I would recommend joining the waiting room channel and then joining the team that you recognize fellow teammates on once you finish loading.
            |TG-6th|Snooggums

Just because everyone does something does not mean that it is right to do.

Comment

Thanks guys, this worked like a dream.

I had a wee bit of trouble when I had the entire team talking at once in game without any sense of directional sound. But once I sorted that out (config issues) it was a blast.

Cheers to anyone who was playing yesterday evening on the TG server, my made my first few games of PR a real blast!

- Lenin

Comment

When you hear everyone on the map like you said it is because you are unlinked(can happen for many reasons, going out of bounds going up high, just joining the game) you can also enter and exit a vehicle to fix it most of the time..
                |TG-69th|chrisweb89

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X