This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Petition: Don't run Insurgency maps until next patch

So, to set the scene, TG was playing Korengal Valley yesterday, the 1st cache was camped by the CROW HMMWV from their main and destroyed, that's more of a content issue so we'll disregard that somewhat.
    Around 20 minutes into the game, the base-camping/base-raping stuff that has plagued Korengal forever started. The confusion was so high I can't even describe it. It got to the point where Don switched the map, and I'm 100% that we switched because of the all the base-raping.

The things that are introduced in this version are more content based, but gameplay hasn't had much of a touch. I have no problem with that, but on that note, Korengal is still the same as it was for 0.91. Thus, I believe, it should be removed from the maplist.

sigpic

Re: Korengal Valley... of death.

I still find Korengal full of lag. Never could stand playing that map.
    |TG-6th|Belhade
    "I am actually looking forward to watching Jon and Kate plus 8." - Dirtboy

Comment

It didn't work out once.. so now you want it removed?
      Before the effect one believes in different causes than one does after the effect.

Comment

The US team getting one logi truck, at the bottom of the valley, and having to drive it ACROSS THE MAP back to the US main because it DOESNT RESPAWN is my favorite part.
        sigpic

Comment

Petition: Don't run Insurgency maps until next patch

I'm serious. Right now playing insurgency on either side is not balanced, not fun and does not promote sane tactics, regardless of level of coordination. Let me bring up a few points.

-Mortars are game-breaking in this mode. Either side can sustain a mortar barrage indefinitely with the right equipment. Insurgents can mortar the position of a cache, and as long as its in an isolated building, blufor cannot safely approach the cache, and the mortars will never teamkill the cache. Insurgents can also set up mortars with extreme ease, and as long as mortars can be called down ANYWHERE when a request is made, they can strike anywhere on the map at their discretion. Blufor trying to regroup and be organized at a FOB? Got anyone remotely aware of where this is happening? Down comes mortars, they lose 50 tickets within 30 seconds. Regardless of what time it is on the map.

-New ticket system is not refined for this game mode. Only 25 tickets per cache means a lot less when it equates to about 12 dead squad members or two dead vehicles. Insurgents always get a net benefit for rushing out and getting killed if it results in even a single blufor wounding.

-If both sides are of equal high coordination, as they tend to be on TG (to its credit), insurgents seem to win 90% of the time. Blufor heavy vehicles are screwed by the SPG-9's, suicide RPG's, suicide cars, and can only boost a blufor assault so much by killing enemies. Overall sightlines on maps tend to heavily favor insurgents.

-Helicopters are way too underpowered, especially on maps with Taliban. For the little damage Kiowas can bring to bear, one missile and they die. One randomly placed 50 cal techie and they have to dodge like crazy just to stay alive.

-Bugged maps. Korengal Valley blufor stuff doesn't respawn, particularly their logistics truck, which already starts out in the middle of GFnowhere. Kokan's cache spawns that are immediately close to main result in endless camping. Bradley spawn on opposite end of map seems weird. Fallujah West's assets heavily favor insurgents.

To me, it feels like a uphill losing battle from the get-go if you're on blufor, and a wait for the next map if you're on insurgents. One good cache spawn is all it takes and blufor runs out of momentum before having a chance at victory.

So can we pull INS from the rotation until we get a new patch? Maybe keep Lashkar and Al Basrah?
          Whether by air or on land
          foes crumble at my command.

JaFaR Ironclad, at your service.

Comment

Re: Petition: Don't run Insurgency maps until next patch

Disagreed. The rounds I've had have all been have all been more than playable (and in the rounds I've played, blufor has gotten all but one cache quite a few times). People are not yet adjusting to some of the new gameplay changes and are still being as risky as they used to be.

Give it some time, push through the bad, and when a fix comes we'll be better for it.

Comment

Sounds like you may have had a few bad rounds as USA. The giant convoys of boring'ness don't work any more, and for that I am a happy Insurgent. Sure, it may not be possible to get all seven caches every time; But you can still play it for what it is, and try to get as many as you can.

Comment

Originally posted by ZaBoo View Post
                Sounds like you may have had a few bad rounds as USA. The giant convoys of boring'ness don't work any more, and for that I am a happy Insurgent. Sure, it may not be possible to get all seven caches every time; But you can still play it for what it is, and try to get as many as you can.
                Agreed, just because you cant win everytime doesnt mean it's not worth playing. I can have a great time even if we only get a few caches.

"All of you stay frickin high speed. All you stay on your frickin primaries and frickin slay bodies all day long. Good to go" -Combat Ninja lol

Comment

When no rallypoints were tested with 10 caches to take out and only a bonus of 10 for each cache blueforce was on the recieving end for a while. The people pulled themselves toegether thought first before they acted and then tough maps like Operation archer were won.

Last round I play on TG as blueforce was 10 0 for insurgents and only because for some times the team stopped thinking and tried to push torwards the cache through an area with entrenched insurgents instead of relocating and attacking from a better angle.

Do not attack untill you got all the support you can get, dont lonewolf your squad into 15 insurgents dont fight your weigh through an alley archway and doorway covered by insurgents and mortars if you can move around that and you should be fine.

I have more of a gripe with AT techies and deployable at, how much at do they get?

Comment

Nah, it is bad, but not bad enough to pull from rotation. It really only takes about 60 minutes for bluefor to totally tank under, which is a nice break in the maplist if you need to get some food, stretch out, take a break, etc.
                    With the way insurgency continues to be developed, I can't help but wonder if the dev's feel it's supposed to be unsrs time as well.

Comment

We won't completely remove them from the rotation but there seem to be some issues to iron out. Falliujah is a death-trap to bluefor, and Kokan has some spawn issues as well but I'm sure the Dev's are working on it now that they know how it plays in public.

I didn't join a squad once and this guy named Nardini took me into the back room and beat me with a sock of oranges.

Comment

From my observations INS maps are out dated and built for previous gameplay versions. These new updates have been focusing on large level maps while putting new coats of paint on older maps. I believe we've only gotten one 1km map in the past 3 patches (Gaza) beyond that most are 2 and we've nearly tripled the amount of 4km maps [yay! now if only they had 600 tickets with the new additions].

1km maps have seen their day come and go. Most were retired for PR:V and of the couple that remain I'm only really fine with two of them (Falujah and Gaza). If PR wishes to keep the 1km maps I say remove/alter the new additions (UAV and Mortars) that are more geared towards larger maps.

Oh yeah... and two words:

Cave Caches.

And the fix:

Jdams.

Comment

I like Korengal. Don't take it away. It's fun.
                          "If you want to build a ship, don't drum up the people to gather wood, divide the work, and give orders. Instead, teach them to yearn for the vast and endless sea."
                          -Antoine De Saint-Exupery

Comment

Merging with other thread...

I didn't join a squad once and this guy named Nardini took me into the back room and beat me with a sock of oranges.

Comment

Ya i was playing Korengal with Boogy and xsoldier last night and it was a pretty fun round until we got to the cave cach and the insurgency guys were using mortars right outside so we couldn't get in. I left then though so i dont know if we ever got that cach but it was a fun round.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X